Sean Miller on UConn's dominance | The Boneyard

Sean Miller on UConn's dominance

Reaction Score
A slightly different picture than the one that was painted of him at AZ, from a personality standpoint at least.

Hope he stays in the Big East a while. He’s a guy you can tell his players absolutely love playing for.

Reaction Score
"You can fix your problems easier than ever before"

So true. With the way the transfer portal is now and the sheer amount of players that enter, it makes it completely feasible to reload and even fully rebuild a roster in one offseason. Before, you would have to rely on your freshmen recruits to be able to make a big impact in their first year while waiting a year on any transfers to be eligible. Now, the better programs are able to pick and choose whoever they want from a massive pool of experienced players to fill their needs instantly and seamlessly replace any players they lose to graduation or pro ball. No more "rebuilding years" required in college basketball.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
A slightly different picture than the one that was painted of him at AZ, from a personality standpoint at least.

Hope he stays in the Big East a while. He’s a guy you can tell his players absolutely love playing for.
I called him a one of the better coaches in the BE earlier this year and was summarily tarred and feathered by most of the experts on the board. I like Sean and I hated him as a players because he was tough as hell and never gave up. But we have some among us who feel he is an average at best coach. Don’t agree and I really have stopped considering and holding it against the coaches that were caught giving their players a free plane ticket or buying the players parents a car.

I even thought there was a booster for the great UCLA teams that was just giving players money. How would they even track it back then.

Because no matter what anyone says every progrum was doing it. Just the level of money being given varied and it pissed some coaches off as some schools had way more money. If you think all programs were above board keep living in that make believe world. Or should I say most of the top progrums were paying their players. Just like there are two types of players who used steroids. Those who got caught and those that did not Big Pappy.

Reaction Score

Well said. Yet we have you believe that this Uconn team was great compared to the competition but isnt a historically great team that wouldnt beat the teams of yesteryears. Which is funny because just a couple of years ago you had the same talking heads talking about where 21 Baylor and 18 Nova belonged on the greatest teams list. I guess cbb became complete trash a couple years later because reasons?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
He also had a real interesting take on the loss of the Big12 and Big10 challenge games.

He’s the anti-shizzle so I’m all in on Miller.

Reaction Score
Hilarious seeing some of the things that have been said here over the years about Sean Miller but he makes some nice comments about Uconn and its a slurp fest lol! Man! I love my fellow Uconn fans.
Listen to everything the guy has said since he's returned to the Big East. He's a basketball guy through and through, and a Big East guy through and through. I hope he stays at Xavier for the long haul, he looks happier and healthier than he ever did at Arizona.

Reaction Score
When I think of Sean Miller I think of when Fox had mic'd up the coaches for the whole game a few years back. Xavier was playing St. John's who had Mike Anderson their at the time. The difference of the Basketball Acumen between Sean Millier and Mike Anderson was startling. Mike a great coah who teaches ball pressure and trying to turn over the team was basically talking about getting back on d and hustling while Miller was going indepth discussion about using back sceens, bliztzing on the pick and roll, back cuts, brush screen, hedging on pick roll, Flex Screen etc. I was amazed on how detailed he was during in game on what was happening compared to Mike Anderson. LOL! I felt bad for Mike he got embarrassed on TV like that.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
"You can fix your problems easier than ever before"

So true. With the way the transfer portal is now and the sheer amount of players that enter, it makes it completely feasible to reload and even fully rebuild a roster in one offseason. Before, you would have to rely on your freshmen recruits to be able to make a big impact in their first year while waiting a year on any transfers to be eligible. Now, the better programs are able to pick and choose whoever they want from a massive pool of experienced players to fill their needs instantly and seamlessly replace any players they lose to graduation or pro ball. No more "rebuilding years" required in college basketball.
It's true but it cuts both ways. Your "problems" can lead to your current team cutting bait and entering the portal en masse.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
It's true but it cuts both ways. Your "problems" can lead to your current team cutting bait and entering the portal en masse.
Makes culture and fit much more than coach speak buzz words.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
May say nice words but I would never turn my back on this DB. He should not be coaching college basketball after what happened at Arizona.

Reaction Score
Hilarious seeing some of the things that have been said here over the years about Sean Miller but he makes some nice comments about Uconn and its a slurp fest lol! Man! I love my fellow Uconn fans.

Prime Boneyardin'.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

Not by me. Always liked Miller and actually think he was a good coach that lost some tough battles at AZ. I don’t think he “choked” it’s just the nature of the tournament.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I called him a one of the better coaches in the BE earlier this year and was summarily tarred and feathered by most of the experts on the board. I like Sean and I hated him as a players because he was tough as hell and never gave up. But we have some among us who feel he is an average at best coach. Don’t agree and I really have stopped considering and holding it against the coaches that were caught giving their players a free plane ticket or buying the players parents a car.

I even thought there was a booster for the great UCLA teams that was just giving players money. How would they even track it back then.

Because no matter what anyone says every progrum was doing it. Just the level of money being given varied and it pissed some coaches off as some schools had way more money. If you think all programs were above board keep living in that make believe world. Or should I say most of the top progrums were paying their players. Just like there are two types of players who used steroids. Those who got caught and those that did not Big Pappy.

Don't know why anyone would dispute that he's a good coach. He's stumbled and run into problems -- which I think you put in the proper context -- but all I can say is that whenever you play a Miller-coached team, you know they'll be prepared.

And that's a great clip. Just 2 minutes of him lavishing compliments on UConn.

Reaction Score
High praise from one of the best in the game. This big east coaching roster, pound for pound, best in the biz. And.... now from top to bottom. I love it
It would be a blow to the Big East if Sean left. Same with McDermott, Holloway, Shaka a a couple of others.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom