Sean Lewis - Kent State University | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sean Lewis - Kent State University

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I’d take Clawson over Lewis, but Lewis wouldn’t be a bad 2nd choice and much cheaper to hire.

Holy Smokes. You can't be implying that there is any chance of us getting Clawson, can you? First, why would he leave Wake for here. And second, if he wants a better P-5 job, he can get one.

I have no idea if Lewis is the best option, but he's a good young coach and if Benedict goes that way I wouldn't be upset. I also wouldn't be upset if he went with Golden -- I value experience in the northeast more than many here -- but I would be surprised if both sides wanted that.

Reaction Score
I’m really afraid of the 50 somethings that don’t already have a big job. I’ll take a guy like Lewis if we can’t get Moorehead or someone on his level.

Haven’t heard anyone mention Briles lately. Fun way to put us back on the map day one. I don’t care what anyone thinks.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Holy Smokes. You can't be implying that there is any chance of us getting Clawson, can you? First, why would he leave Wake for here. And second, if he wants a better P-5 job, he can get one.

I have no idea if Lewis is the best option, but he's a good young coach and if Benedict goes that way I wouldn't be upset. I also wouldn't be upset if he went with Golden -- I value experience in the northeast more than many here -- but I would be surprised if both sides wanted that.
Holy smokes Lol. I was just replying to another poster who brought up Clawson’s and Lewis’s name. Clawson makes $2 million now at WF, all I was saying was that basically UConn could never afford him. If we got Lewis for head coach, I would be very happy, but would it if we get Moorhead. Relax counselor.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
I’m really afraid of the 50 somethings that don’t already have a big job. I’ll take a guy like Lewis if we can’t get Moorehead or someone on his level.

Haven’t heard anyone mention Briles lately. Fun way to put us back on the map day one. I don’t care what anyone thinks.
If we hire Art Briles I will root for him to fail. Bleep Art Briles.

Reaction Score
It would be a great way to demonstrate to more than half of the student body that the school cares more about winning than their safety so I guess that’s pretty exciting
Meh. I don’t believe in the death penalty. Again, hire Kendall if Art doesn’t sit well.

Reaction Score
Ok, I understand now. You looked at his overall coaching record and saw that they lost to Texas A&M and just stopped reading ok. So let's lay it out there.

He took a historically bad team that had not back to back winning seasons since the 70s. A team that had not won more than 4 games since a blip in 2012 and turned them around in 2 years.

Yes, they lost a game to an SEC opponent. Not a team from the MAC. This guy is going to get hired someone in the ACC or Big10. UConn doesn't even have a chance with him.

We can dream, but it won't happen. But go ahead and pull the wool over your eyes. Everyone agrees the last 3 we're terrible hires.

So let's hear who you want.
Many real good coaches have coached in the MAC, Urban Meyer, Jerry Kill, Nick Saban, Gary Pinkel and Dave Clawson just to name a few. Sean Lewis is worth taking a look at if interested.

Reaction Score
Kent State is playing tonight. Losing to Northern Illinois right now.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Many real good coaches have coached in the MAC, Urban Meyer, Jerry Kill, Nick Saban, Gary Pinkel and Dave Clawson just to name a few. Sean Lewis is worth taking a look at if interested.
You can go back to when Sid Gillman was coaching Miami (Oh) in the mid 1940's. A ton of great coaches worked their way up the ladder from the MAC.

Reaction Score
You can go back to when Sid Gillman was coaching Miami (Oh) in the mid 1940's. A ton of great coaches worked their way up the ladder from the MAC.
Miami (OH) - the cradle of coaches. Bit dated but you get the drift.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
At halftime, I like what I'm seeing from Sean Lewis. He's fired up, involved, and he's shown some creative offense. And they showed him doing squats on the rack with the team. Oh yeah...and his team has shown fire, coming back and scoring 31 points in the 2nd quarter alone.

Reaction Score
I'm sold. Just make sure he gets a better DC
Kent States defense is ranked 121, definitely would have to invest in a good DC if he were to get hired.

Reaction Score
That defensive ranking likely has something to do with road games at Texas A&M, at Iowa, and at Maryland.
  • Buffalo had 549 total yards
  • Western Michigan had 648 total yards

Good try… NIU looks like they’re going to put up a lot of yards on them too.

Reaction Score
  • Buffalo had 549 total yards
  • Western Michigan had 648 total yards

Good try… NIU looks like they’re going to put up a lot of yards on them too.
A&M put up 595...Maryland had 525. So yeah, they contributed to the poor defensive numbers. But that western Michigan game, man. Doing their best UConn on that one.

Reaction Score
Compared to UConn? How do you not love UConn? Best soap opera out there.

Reaction Score
A&M put up 595...Maryland had 525. So yeah, they contributed to the poor defensive numbers. But that western Michigan game, man. Doing their best UConn on that one.
He named big time programs as if that is the sole reason why Kent States defense is ranked 121, but as you can see Buffalo and Western Michigan also put up some numbers on that defense. At the end of the day I would love to hire Sean Lewis but he would definitely need to use the coaching pool money to find a really good D coordinator.

Reaction Score
He took a historically bad team that had not back to back winning seasons since the 70s. A team that had not won more than 4 games since a blip in 2012 and turned them around in 2 years.

Exactly, and this guy makes $500k a year. :)

Those that insist the only way UConn will win is to spend even more $$$ are absolute crazy. Paying $2M for the next HC is a criminal act for this program.

Too many people want to keep throwing good money after bad. MAC schools have historically found some of the top college coaches early in their career at bargain rates. That is the model UConn needs to follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom