2023 Recruiting: - Scotty Middleton cuts list to 5 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Scotty Middleton cuts list to 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We heard plenty about Middleton and UConn recruiting him last summer. Just haven't heard as much about it during the season. Doesn't mean there hasn't been contact since though. This staff is pretty stealth.

Reaction Score
Why have I never heard of this guy before and suddenly we're in his top 5?
Because you haven't paid enough attention. Or just forgot, which I can't blame you since there are lots of posts about recruits on here. He's been mentioned before on here.

Reaction Score
Because you haven't paid enough attention. Or just forgot, which I can't blame you since there are lots of posts about recruits on here. He's been mentioned before on here.
I spend more time on here than I should, I just never remembered seeing his name. He hasn't taken a visit yet, right? We offer a lot of guys, I can't remember them all. Everyone on here always seems to just talk about Griffiths, Miranda, Edwards, and Bowen

Reaction Score
I spend more time on here than I should, I just never remembered seeing his name. He hasn't taken a visit yet, right? We offer a lot of guys, I can't remember them all. Everyone on here always seems to just talk about Griffiths, Miranda, Edwards, and Bowen

Quiet recruitment. I appreciate that kind of player, personally.

Reaction Score
Anyone wanna share the goods?
Connecticut: "Dan Hurley, I think him and coach Luke (Barnwell) here have similar traits. They are two dudes who love the game. Dan Hurley is like a really nice guy but once he steps inside those lines you just know it's business. He wants to win at any cost and he makes everybody that plays for UConn play really hard. His energy in life, he gets after it."

Now that he's down to five, Middleton hasn't set any kind of timeline. He'll get some more visits in and will simply know when the time is right.

"I think I need to visit some more schools to see what school actually fits me best. I just need to find out where my new home is going to be. I'm just sitting here praying on it and whenever God tells me that the time is right I'll make the decision.

Reaction Score
Connecticut: "Dan Hurley, I think him and coach Luke (Barnwell) here have similar traits. They are two dudes who love the game. Dan Hurley is like a really nice guy but once he steps inside those lines you just know it's business. He wants to win at any cost and he makes everybody that plays for UConn play really hard. His energy in life, he gets after it."

Now that he's down to five, Middleton hasn't set any kind of timeline. He'll get some more visits in and will simply know when the time is right.

"I think I need to visit some more schools to see what school actually fits me best. I just need to find out where my new home is going to be. I'm just sitting here praying on it and whenever God tells me that the time is right I'll make the decision.
This kid put more effort and eloquence into these quotes than most. I think I believe he hasn't made up his mind yet. Let's get a visit and see if our practices and staff can sway him.

Reaction Score
Excuse my ignorance here, but what I see UConn lacking, and in desperate need of is that dude who can take things on his back and be that go to dude. Think of all the times UConn was a threat to go all the way, there was a Ray, a Rip, a Rudy, a Bouknight type that held it all together and allowed complimentary players to be their best. Is this kid that guy? Judging by ranking alone, it seems he might be, but what do I know…and a second question, if not, do you think we have that guy already? (Interesting that it deletes swears and leaves nothing in its place, if I didn’t edit it I would look like I’m new to the English language ha)

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This kid put more effort and eloquence into these quotes than most. I think I believe he hasn't made up his mind yet. Let's get a visit and see if our practices and staff can sway him.
Yeah, I really like him just for his approach to this and how thoughtful he seems to be. Hell of a player on top of it.

Reaction Score
Excuse my ignorance here, but what I see UConn lacking, and in desperate need of is that dude who can take things on his back and be that go to dude. Think of all the times UConn was a threat to go all the way, there was a Ray, a Rip, a Rudy, a Bouknight type that held it all together and allowed complimentary players to be their best. Is this kid that guy? Judging by ranking alone, it seems he might be, but what do I know…and a second question, if not, do you think we have that guy already? (Interesting that it deletes swears and leaves nothing in its place, if I didn’t edit it I would look like I’m new to the English language ha)
Rudy...

Reaction Score
Hurleys gonna get t’d up at an AAU game.

If fans are out of control, the home team can get a T in high school games. Does that mean in AAU whatever team was unlucky enough to be "home" can get a T?

I think might be playing the long game and helping Castle's team win. Smart move. High BBIQ

Reaction Score
Scotty Middleton, the 6-foot-7, 175-pound forward from Sunrise Christian (KS) and Brad Beal Elite, has a diverse skillset, scoring and facilitating on offense, while impacting the game on defense as well.

Ranked the No. 8 small forward in 2023 per 247Sports.com, he recently cut his list to a top five of Ohio State, Kansas, UConn, Seton Hall and Texas A&M. He has no visits currently set.

UConn — “They have a culture and Dan Hurley always makes his guys go hard. Also, me and Coach Kimani [Young]have a really good relationship.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom