Schools with men’s & women’s teams in the Big Dance

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
How many men's, women's and bowl teams?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
FOOTBALL? What’s football got to do with it.

A football isn’t even really a ball ( a sphere ) but a prolate spheroid ( I looked it up)
Speaks to an excellent Athletic Department

Both basketball teams, both ice hockey teams, baseball, softball, and field hockey have all been ranked team, many in the top 10. Women’s lacrosse was ranked last year and is about to be ranked again after beating #15 Yale

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Results through Friday 15 of 26 are no longer in the hunt and 5 have lost both teams.:

Alabama
Arizona - men lose
Baylor
Creighton - women lose
Drake
- men lose

Duke
Gonzaga - women lose
Illinois - men and women lose

Indiana
Iona - men lose
Iowa
- men lose
Iowa State - men lose
Marquette
- women lose

Maryland
Miami
Mississippi State - men lose
NC State - men and women lose

Princeton
Purdue - men and women lose
Tennessee
Texas
UCLA
UConn
USC - men and women lose
Vermont
- men lose
West Virginia - men and women lose

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Realistically are there team(s) that could win the Dual Championship this year? IMO probably not as South Carolina is the HEAVY Favorite to win the Women's Title. If South Carolina would lose, which team(s) do you think have a chance?

Men's Bracket: Maryland vs Bama, Duke vs Tennessee. Miami vs Indiana all meet in their next game so that will eliminate three more teams from Dual Championship possibility.

Last edited:

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Kinda cool that a little state like Iowa has three of those 26 schools.
It is cool and if I was from there, I'd be very proud, but I'm not sure I'd count Iowa as being that little - ranks 23rd in size and 21st in population.

My niece went to Grinnell College, home to the most prolific one-game scorer, Jack Taylor [Vhttps://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/8658462/jack-taylor-grinnell-drops-138-points-collegiate-scoring-record].

My brother, who has never lived outside of New England, drove her to school and sent me a note afterward describing Iowa as "ears and ears of corn, years and years of corn". He clearly thought it was a pretty big state to drive through.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
If going by seed there are six schools still standing with both men's and women's teams seeded 4 or better:
Uconn
UCLA
Texas
Tenn
Duke
Indiana

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
If not UConn, let it be Princeton :)
The Princeton women have overcome second half deficits in their last three games - don't sleep on your first half performance against them!

Carla probably learned that in 1995! And showed her team the tape. :cool:

Reaction Score
It is cool and if I was from there, I'd be very proud, but I'm not sure I'd count Iowa as being that little - ranks 23rd in size and 21st in population.

My niece went to Grinnell College, home to the most prolific one-game scorer, Jack Taylor [Vhttps://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/8658462/jack-taylor-grinnell-drops-138-points-collegiate-scoring-record].

My brother, who has never lived outside of New England, drove her to school and sent me a note afterward describing Iowa as "ears and ears of corn, years and years of corn". He clearly thought it was a pretty big state to drive through.

Actually 31st in population, 26th in square miles.

There are 'years and years' of corn. :)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Realistically are there team(s) that could win the Dual Championship this year? IMO probably not as South Carolina is the HEAVY Favorite to win the Women's Title. If South Carolina would lose, which team(s) do you think have a chance?
I'll go with UConn with a side of Indiana. Their men's team has a big star.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom