SC Post game presser | The Boneyard

SC Post game presser

Reaction Score
The players seem quite calm and composed after the beat down. MW answer that SC wants it more than Uconn to a question about getting to loose balls might be honest but just does not seem right.

Reaction Score
The players seem quite calm and composed after the beat down. MW answer that SC wants it more than Uconn to a question about getting to loose balls might be honest but just does not seem right.
That was a canned answer.

Reaction Score
I thought the person at the 15:18 mark asked a legitimate and fair question and Geno's response was more than a little testy, a bit insulting to a fair question.

Reaction Score
I thought the person at the 15:18 mark asked a legitimate and fair question and Geno's response was more than a little testy, a bit insulting to a fair question.
Not going to listen again and mark that time. Maybe you could provide more info. I thought I recognized some horde voices, and maybe the question was just a tweak at Geno?

Reaction Score
The question at 15:18 was a horde member, but I don't think his response was testy. This post-game was like any other Geno post-game press conference.

Reaction Score
The question at 15:18 was a horde member, but I don't think his response was testy. This post-game was like any other Geno post-game press conference.
Thought he went out of his way to credit SC for the game. He knows there are at least 3 teams he can’t beat this year. They are too big, too fast, too good for us this year.

Reaction Score
I disagree about the team improving since last Monday. They've had two practices in the last seven days. No team is going to markedly or visibly improve in that short amount of time. The same players are still doing the same dumb things they were doing two months ago, the same players that weren't making shots in December still aren't making shots in February, the team still refuses to put forth maximum effort, and any time the team plays top competition it's an automatic 18 point loss. Where is the team improvement? I am not seeing it. Just because Anna every few games knocks in a bunch of 3s? Does Aubrey look any better since the Seton Hall game? How about Kyla who has regressed a bit in the last few weeks to the point that she has gone from starter to last couple minutes mop up duty? Now I'm sure someone will come along and gives us their inside scoop about how the team all has the Corona virus and that's why they look lethargic and disinterested out there, but I don't see a whole lot of improvement.

Reaction Score

Really? The guy asked him how can Uconn go from 52-54 to 70-75 in order to compete with the like of Baylor, Oregon, SC since the defense was able to hold them to 70-75 and Geno gave a snark remark of "We are not". If he really feels that way, don't bother showing up for the NCAA Tournament, otherwise, just answer the question that was asked, which I thought was a very fair question.

Reaction Score
Too late to change the offensive scheme. Tonight, team had multiple sets with all 5 players, including ONO, spread across the 3-point line. The team is either not getting how to run a complex offense or just not capable to execute against good teams with size/athleticism (probably both).

Maybe easier to improve defensively, but man, they were dogging it tonight. No excuse for getting out-hustled or not getting in their face. Refs were letting them play and uconn was way too passive.

Reaction Score
Almost every interview with every player, and every coach, is a canned answer. It would be better not to bother, frankly. They are trained to say nothing, but act interested.
True for the kids and nearly all coaches, but I always appreciate Geno when he feels like talking. I’m sure he gets tired of the same stupid questions all year. He tried to get folks to see that SC was a much better team, and it still sounded like some thought he did a lousy job because they got beat.

Reaction Score
Really? The guy asked him how can Uconn go from 52-54 to 70-75 in order to compete with the like of Baylor, Oregon, SC since the defense was able to hold them to 70-75 and Geno gave a snark remark of "We are not". If he really feels that way, don't bother showing up for the NCAA Tournament, otherwise, just answer the question that was asked, which I thought was a very fair question.
Candor does not always equal snark. Geno respects the game (and the players) enough to be honest. Amd lots of teams show up for the tournament without thinking they will win it all. The more experience they get at tournament play the more they'll be ready for next year.

Reaction Score
Geno is not stupid and is not blowing smoke when he says that this year Uconn is like every other team in the country with the aim of getting into the tournament and then seeing what happens. He has been saying this for some time but people have not been listening. This is not a typically past Uconn team. People need to have realistic expectations. Anything can happen in the NCAA's but there is a difference between believing anything can happen and having an expectation that it will happen. I am speaking of making the final four and challenging for the NC. Hey, there is no guarantee that Baylor, Oregon or SC will be in the final four and everyone can see that Uconn is not in their league.

Reaction Score
In fairness to Geno, he said before the season even started that this team is not like UConn teams of the past. He seemed to know very early on that they would be 0-3 in these big games.

Reaction Score
I disagree about the team improving since last Monday. They've had two practices in the last seven days. No team is going to markedly or visibly improve in that short amount of time. The same players are still doing the same dumb things they were doing two months ago, the same players that weren't making shots in December still aren't making shots in February, the team still refuses to put forth maximum effort, and any time the team plays top competition it's an automatic 18 point loss. Where is the team improvement? I am not seeing it. Just because Anna every few games knocks in a bunch of 3s? Does Aubrey look any better since the Seton Hall game? How about Kyla who has regressed a bit in the last few weeks to the point that she has gone from starter to last couple minutes mop up duty? Now I'm sure someone will come along and gives us their inside scoop about how the team all has the Corona virus and that's why they look lethargic and disinterested out there, but I don't see a whole lot of improvement.

I totally agree with your thoughts on this subject. The reality of this is that this Team is not a good mix of characters who can carry off a competitive game against a superior Team. We will watch them play an inferior team for the rest of the AAC season and maybe for the first two games of the Tourney. Who knows, if they are defended like this by USF, they may lose their first game in the AAC on Sunday. You cannot keep living in an alternate universe and delusional world when you keep playing inferior teams. The moment that you leave this bizarro world, REALITY sets in.

Reaction Score
This team is simply not as good as the teams preceding them by a significant margin. Good players, not great players. Not consistent nor particularly good shooters, especially against teams with equal or superior physical skills. Yes, they can play better but not sure how much better. Certainly not 18 points better against top tier teams. I will still watch the games when I can and of course I want them to win. I will be ecstatic is somehow they catch lightning in a bottle and miraculously turn into a world beater in March. I also understand that such a turnaround is highly unlikely with the abilities of this group.

Reaction Score
Looking at the box score, I am coming to Geno's conclusion that Uconn can't make up the 18 points difference. Even if Anna and CW have made half of their shots yesterday, they would still come up short.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom