Saylor Poffenbarger St. John's Pregrame Availability | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Saylor Poffenbarger St. John's Pregrame Availability

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Very disappointed with the snark and criticism on this board towards a 17 year old's communication skills. Can you imagine for a moment how nerve racking it is to be thrown into a video chat with multiple members of the media in a new environment? The lack of empathy is stunning.
I thought Say did fine. It was probably her longest video interview of her life.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
There are 394 replies to the "Saylor's Coming" thread. Everyone seemed overjoyed to have her join the UConn family. She wasn't here two weeks and some Boneyard boneheads take great joy in tearing her down. I have heard she cannot shoot correctly, she's too slow, she is not a polished communicator. She is not even 18 yet and she is being disparaged by so called adults upon very limited information or observation. I knew an old timer who was fond of saying "If you gave a million dollars to some folks, they would complain about the denominations of the bills!" I think we have some of them here.

Reaction Score
Like, personally, I really like, well, like you know, hearing kids of this age talk these days. Its like if they were like deprived of the use of a certain word in the lexicon, they’d like be rendered like mute! But, like still, how can one not like her?
The use of that word was very common 50 years ago when I was at UConn. "So, like, do you have a boyfriend" :cool:

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Like, personally, I really like, well, like you know, hearing kids of this age talk these days. Its like if they were like deprived of the use of a certain word in the lexicon, they’d like be rendered like mute! But, like still, how can one not like her?
Listen to Geno on his interviews, I am so tired of all people on interviews with ya-know, Go ahead and count them some day, turns my ears into "Spock" ears. Ya-know.

Reaction Score
They should just do away with the interviews. There is too much press to be useful at this point. It's fine to have a 10-15 minute post-game with Geno, but the rest of it is just overkill.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom