Saylor Poffenbarger in Transfer Portal [merged thread] | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Saylor Poffenbarger in Transfer Portal [merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Not sure what the rule is now. I would think Jan, but not sure. Also, if she's injured she might wanna rest/rehab and be 100% next fall.
It's my understanding that players are supposed to have entered the portal by a certain deadline to take advantage of the new "immediate eligibility" rule.

"Additionally, a student-athlete must provide their current school with a written request to enter the NCAA Transfer Portal by July 1, 2021 (all sports) to use the one-time exception."​

I believe some players who entered the portal after the July 1 deadline have have been ruled eligible, but only after successfully requesting a waiver. I haven't heard or seen any indication on how the NCAA might rule on a waiver request for a player seeking portal entry after the season started.

Reaction Score
If Saylor is healthy enough to play now it is early enough in the season for her to get in an almost complete frosh season wherever this year. If she needs more rehab time she can do that now, work herself back into shape and be ready to join a new team as a freshman in the fall. I'd her choice is a very solid team the second option would make sense.

Reaction Score
If Saylor is healthy enough to play now it is early enough in the season for her to get in an almost complete frosh season wherever this year. If she needs more rehab time she can do that now, work herself back into shape and be ready to join a new team as a freshman in the fall. I'd her choice is a very solid team the second option would make sense.
She was still wearing a boot yesterday

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
It's my understanding that players are supposed to have entered the portal by a certain deadline to take advantage of the new "immediate eligibility" rule.

"Additionally, a student-athlete must provide their current school with a written request to enter the NCAA Transfer Portal by July 1, 2021 (all sports) to use the one-time exception."​

I believe some players who entered the portal after the July 1 deadline have have been ruled eligible, but only after successfully requesting a waiver. I haven't heard or seen any indication on how the NCAA might rule on a waiver request for a player seeking portal entry after the season started.
Well I guess that this guarantees her going to the Golden Domers. Immediate eligibility no matter what. :):rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I think Toomey is coming to UConn not saying it’s a factor in SP decision to leave but with her injuries makes it hard to be on the floor and perform how she’s wants to perform.

Last edited by a moderator:

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
not saying the person who wrote this is inaccurate, but how does he get the news 1st over someone that covers the team?
He does cover the team for @thenexthoops. He is well connected into the Husky program.

Reaction Score
Ok ok ok, I’ll call Geno and tell him to put her back on the roster until she officially picks another school. Would that make you feel better? Damn that Geno for allowing her to be removed from the roster!

Reaction Score
I think Toomey is coming to UConn not saying it’s a factor in SP decision to leave but with her injuries makes it hard to be on the floor and perform how she’s wants to perform. I’m surprised Mir isn’t looking to transfer because she’s buried on the beach but was an McDonald’s AA
Friends call her C and we are extremely friendly on the board.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
no_saylor.jpg

Reaction Score
Wow they already erased her from the team photo? They should have moved Azzi, Evina, and Aubrey over to the right a little closer to Aaliyah. It just looks weird keeping that gap in there.

Reaction Score
As she should be.
I was commenting on the speed with which they removed her. It took them until the day before the Arkansas game to finally post the media guide, but only took what seemed like a millisecond to remove Saylor.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I can understand her leaving. It may have been a bit premature however looking at our roster and next years 2 commitments playtime would be a problem. Saylor good luck. Your a great talent with a great future in BB.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
I was commenting on the speed with which they removed her. It took them until the day before the Arkansas game to finally post the media guide, but only took what seemed like a millisecond to remove Saylor.
Actually it's pretty typical. I've noted it in the past. The season is on and the media staff are all in place. Very easy to delete content.

HGN

Reaction Score
I hate that she wants to transfer.....But having depth at any position is a Coach's dream. That's why coaches recruit multiple players at a position, to guard against injuries , foul trouble , and unfortunately , transfers.

I truly wish her well wherever she lands.

Reaction Score
Actually it's pretty typical. I've noted it in the past. The season is on and the media staff are all in place. Very easy to delete content.
You definitely proved that a little while ago!;):D

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Having watched Say play 3x in high school and spoken with her personally, I'm a little upset and disappointed. But I understand her decision. She has to be frustrated about the nagging injuries and not having an opportunity to show her skills. Best wishes to Saylor!

I think when Ice and Ayanna signed, it made the depth chart look even tougher. Perhaps her decision was an indication that Ciera Toomey is coming.

I don't know if Say considered Maryland, but I'm sure that Brenda would love her. I think Kelly Graves will take a hard look. Saylor's BF is at Oregon and he may be a future NFL QB.

Reaction Score
Makes sense. Gonna be a solid college player, wasn't going to be here considering Ducharme who's a very similar player but better only got 4 minutes in the opener. Was going to be hard for her to get minutes being in the same class as Fudd and Ducharme.

Wish her the best. She did follow Arkansas and Jersey Wolfenbarger on Insta, and has the Oregon connection, though both of those teams also have the long shooting wing position covered for the next several years too (Oregon with Parrish and Arkansas with Goforth/Wolfenbarger).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom