Saylor Interview | The Boneyard

Saylor Interview

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Gotta say the interviewer talks too much! He uses her to validate his point of view.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Gotta say the interviewer talks too much! He uses her to validate his point of view.

'Yes the interviewer is annoying but Saylor gets her points in as well.

Still best piece around 4' mark.

'Just watching the girls on UConn as a 4 year old and wondering what it would take to get to that level. '

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I've seen Saylor play 3x and loved her first. :)

Agreed--the interviewer talks too much. What's the point of interviewing if you don't let the interviewee do the majority of the talking?

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The crutches were for a hip injury?

I think the following players had hip injuries/surgery: Sue, Phee, Crystal.

Best wishes to Say!!

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I've seen Saylor play 3x and loved her first. :)

Agreed--the interviewer talks too much. What's the point of interviewing if you don't let the interviewee do the majority of the talking?
Common problem. There are a few political talking heads who I generally agree with but can’t watch just for that reason.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
So Saylor won't be here for a year.. how tall is she?
A legit 6'2".

If you compare old videos or pics (9th grade) with more recent ones, it's clear that she's taller and more strongly built. As you heard in the interview, her brother is a football player and workout fanatic. Saylor definitely has spent time in the gym, and it shows.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Young Saylor:

1590598598545.png

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I can't wait for this young woman to get to UConn. With her size, strength, passing, and range, she'll be a really versatile option, available to do whatever they need -- a legitimate 2/3/4 player. With Saylor, Nika, and Paige on the team, there might be an ESPN weekly hour UConn WBB passing highlights.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Best rebounder and shot blocker imho.
The defensive line of Kiah, Stef, and Stewie was very daunting. When Kiah came into the game, we often went on a nice run. The play-by-play:

Block by Stokes. Outlet to Hartley. Pass to Stewie for a layup.

Rebound by Stokes. Outlet to Jefferson. She blows by everyone for a layup.

Steal by Stokes. Outlet to Hartley. Pass to Mosqueda-Lewis spotting up. Three!

Shot altered and rebounded by Stokes. Pass to Stewie. She finds Hartley for an and-one.

1:20 elapsed time. UConn 10-0.

Saylor has a nice athletic build. She's more mobile and not as bulked-up as Kiah.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I can't wait for this young woman to get to UConn. With her size, strength, passing, and range, she'll be a really versatile option, available to do whatever they need -- a legitimate 2/3/4 player. With Saylor, Nika, and Paige on the team, there might be an ESPN weekly hour UConn WBB passing highlights.
Yeah, Saylor plays all 5 positions in high school. She jumps center and anchors the defense under the basket. She also brings the ball up the floor and is the leading shooter. At the college level, 2, 3, and 4 seem like her spots. Very versatile!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
True, but that's all. She isn't able to do a 'Canadian' layup like Geno used to taunt her with. :rolleyes:

SLCConnFan............wrong Kiah. Kiah Stokes, 6’4” post player from Marion Iowa - Kia Nurse 6’0” guard from Hamilton Ontario Canada.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom