Sarah Strong is a Husky! (Part 2) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Sarah Strong is a Husky! (Part 2)

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I read where she does not want to spend most of her minutes in the low post. She is not a Center. Milford, I think it did turn her off. When I read what SC did, I figured it would either win her over are turn her off. I was hoping it would turn her off.
correction: or turn her off.

Reaction Score
The game in question was against Joyce Edwards' team and the staff was reportedly there to support their recruit.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The game in question was against Joyce Edwards' team and the staff was reportedly there to support their recruit.

Local reporting claimed they were there for Strong as well with quotes from Edwards that she was still trying to push Sarah to join her.

Reaction Score
I read where she does not want to spend most of her minutes in the low post. She is not a Center. Milford, I think it did turn her off. When I read what SC did, I figured it would either win her over are turn her off. I was hoping it would turn her off.
You “read” that where? Post it or it didn’t happen and you’re making it up.

Reaction Score
On the Boneyard. You look for it. I don't care if you believe it or not. It is not that important to me. Why would I make up something like that?
Oh ok lol. I found it. Post #50.

Reaction Score
Local reporting claimed they were there for Strong as well with quotes from Edwards that she was still trying to push Sarah to join her.

True but before my post there was no mention of Edwards and I thought that some balance was called for. I guess I have read too many over the top distortions of the truth aimed at UConn on the checkerboard boards over the years. I don't want that to happen here.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Adding some old scouting reports that I dug up from the archives. These are all from 2-3 years ago.

2024 Sarah Strong (Lady Strong 2024): There was plenty of talent all throughout the courts in Concord but the player that grabbed our attention quickly and showed why she is ranked as one of the top players in the country was 2024 Sarah Strong. She was simply off the charts with her skillset and how dominant she can be on the floor. To put it simply, she couldn’t be stopped and did whatever she wanted on the floor. Her feel around the basket is superb, she has great hands with soft touch, is all over the glass on both sides of the court, and she physically can dominate opponents in the post. Then you add her ability to step out and knock down shots from multiple levels, her ability to handle, and her passing, Strong is the complete package and there is a reason why she holds countless offers from high major programs

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
MVP

Sarah Strong 6’2 Forward Strong Center 2024

The best way to describe Sarah at the Oktoberfest was she was the MVP. She did not disappoint, showing everyone why she is considered one of the nation’s top prospects in her class. Strong carried her team to a 4-0 record verse stellar competition. As the competition stiffened, she rose to the occasion. The point forward, loved throwing outlet passes and assisting to teammates. But don’t get it twisted she is a walking bucket that can get a triple double every time she touches the floor.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Sarah Strong (Strong Center, F, 2024) can do it all on the basketball court. She can post up on the block, go after rebounds, and she can handle the ball away from the basket. She has her way anywhere in the paint, and she has a great IQ knowing exactly where to move her body to be effective. She even had a nice tap back on offense showing how quick she can make her good decisions.

Her scoring isn’t only limited to the block as she can shoot from behind the arc. She can score three points the old fashioned way fighting through contact. She sees the floor well looking for her guards who are relocating after they give her the pass. She finished with 32 points.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Sarah Strong 2024 | Fuquay Varina High School

Sarah was arguably the best player in the gym, regardless of class, regardless of position. What set her apart the most was not her dynamic footwork in the post, or her ability to take her defender to the hoop at will, or that she can play just about every position effectively; it was her IQ. She knows the game like she’s been playing her entire life. Her decision making and overall knowledge of the game was indisputable.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Sarah Strong 2024 | Fuquay Varina High School

A complete player in every sense of the word, Sarah was refreshing to watch. On championship day, she played primarily in the high and low post and she dominated. Her ability to think quickly and create for herself was remarkable. She also dominated the boards and delivered some great passes. She understands the game and knows how to make things happen.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Sarah Strong is the headliner for Strong Center 2024, and rightfully so at 6’2 with national rankings mentioning you regularly. Strong is a beast, and while her size and skill combination is celebrated, it’s her passing that at times deserves the most praise. You’d be hard pressed to find a better passer at her size, and she drops a bag of dimes off every game.

Reaction Score
Short video from over three years ago of an opposing coach praising Sarah.

If she's as good as advertised how is anybody going to stop a team with Sara, Paige hopefully a healthy Azzi and the next great UConn sharpshooter Allie Ziebell among many others........?

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Tremendous addition to UConn. Looking at this season we are loaded with so much talent. We have the guards and alot of them. IMO there are no other teams with a Paige and Azzi either. Looking down the future road with Lara Bryn and the Big O all having huge interest in UConn the skys the limit for UConn. I guess thats why Geno was offered a 5 year contract. We are and will be big strong and athletic .

Reaction Score
And people used to say our recruiting edge was waning after that one bad season in 2019 with just Aubrey signing. We’ve got a lot to look forward to with the addition of Sarah.

Reaction Score
And people used to say our recruiting edge was waning after that one bad season in 2019 with just Aubrey signing. We’ve got a lot to look forward to with the addition of Sarah.

How can you forget about Anna Makurat?? Aubrey was not alone

Reaction Score
How can you forget about Anna Makurat?? Aubrey was not alone
Yeah sorry. Every article I’ve read about that class only mentions Aubrey so that’s probably why I forgot. She was the only ranked recruit in the class is what I meant.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom