Sanogo Running The Floor | The Boneyard

Sanogo Running The Floor

Reaction Score
One "skill" that Sanago has that you don't often see with "Bigs" is the ability to take it full court by himself for a breakaway dunk. I think he has 4 or 5 of them this season.

I don't recall our previous Centers ever really doing this much. Perhaps Cliff Robinson?

There was one yesterday. It would be great to piece together a highlight video of all Adama's fast break points. Is anyone up to the task?

Reaction Score
Cliff could definitely do it and with much more polish than Sanogo does. The only other one that comes to mind is Eric Cobb. He had some skills.

Reaction Score
One "skill" that Sanago has that you don't often see with "Bigs" is the ability to take it full court by himself for a breakaway dunk. I think he has 4 or 5 of them this season.

I don't recall our previous Centers ever really doing this much. Perhaps Cliff Robinson?

There was one yesterday. It would be great to piece together a highlight video of all Adama's fast break points. Is anyone up to the task?
Was a soccer player growing up until he discovered BB in his teens. Definitely has quick feet for a guy his size.

Reaction Score
Was a soccer player growing up until he discovered BB in his teens. Definitely has quick feet for a guy his size.
His feet are definitely an advantage against the average big. He can pull off all those pivots and fakes in the paint to create the open look. I’m always terrified he’ll travel but he rarely does.

Reaction Score
His feet are definitely an advantage against the average big. He can pull off all those pivots and fakes in the paint to create the open look. I’m always terrified he’ll travel but he rarely does.

He travels in the post all the time. Like, every game at least once. His footwork is ridiculously advanced in an age when no one cares about post footwork, but it isn't perfect. I would say that and then working on continuing to build his passing out of those double-teams is gonna be his big project this summer.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think that steal and flush opened some eyes.

Reaction Score
Cliff could definitely do it and with much more polish than Sanogo does. The only other one that comes to mind is Eric Cobb. He had some skills.
Cobb also might be the worse defensive big ever , edging out Wolfe, and Enoch.
All three had footwork difficulty.
Sonogo is a special kid on both ends. My concern is at 6’8” ish will he be overlooked by the NBA with no mid range game. Guys like him have succeeded at the next level but it’s been years. It seems they can be extremely selective with the money that’s present. However some good players never even get a decent look.
Wes Unseld wouldn’t get drafted today yet he had a great career playing against bigger HOF guys. He obviously has the strength and athleticism for the old 4 model before the stretch became prevalent so maybe theirs is a chance. Barkley ruled that position at a few inched shorter than Sonogo. Our guy has too much talent not to get a shot. Emeka wasn’t much bigger and averaged a double for a career bothered by chronic back issues.
If he gets a chance I think he will be a surprise.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I remember Drummond doing that a few times. He had a bunch of steals near mid-court and then would take it in himself for the dunk.

Reaction Score
He travels in the post all the time. Like, every game at least once. His footwork is ridiculously advanced in an age when no one cares about post footwork, but it isn't perfect. I would say that and then working on continuing to build his passing out of those double-teams is gonna be his big project this summer.
Guess it depends on your definition of rarely. When he’s doing that little dance a good 7 times a game and gets a bucket 5 of those, and only travels about once? Seems like a nice net positive to me. Obviously it’s not perfect but it’s something he manages to do that I don’t think any of our recent bigs would even attempt.

(E) Now if that one travel was his only turnover of the game, perhaps it wouldn’t be such a big issue. But when compounded with the 3 or so times he’ll get stripped or throw away a pass, I can definitely agree on cleaning up the TOs and becoming a better passer being critical this summer.

You definitely know the game miles better than I ever could but I don’t think my point was off-base here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom