Sanogo finally plays | The Boneyard

Sanogo finally plays

Reaction Score
He averages 18/11 on 60% shooting in the G League. He's only on the main roster now because of an injury to Vucevic but the Bulls are close to blowing up the roster since they've underperformed so much. Maybe they'll give the current group another go after Lonzo comes back from injury, but it's looking very possible that Lavine and/or Caruso get shipped out.

If Vucevic goes with them and if the Bulls don't get back a big man in those deals and if they decide to rebuild......there's a chance Sanogo could get some opportunity as a bench big. Very low chance, but there's a chance

Reaction Score
He averages 18/11 on 60% shooting in the G League. He's only on the main roster now because of an injury to Vucevic but the Bulls are close to blowing up the roster since they've underperformed so much. Maybe they'll give the current group another go after Lonzo comes back from injury, but it's looking very possible that Lavine and/or Caruso get shipped out.

If Vucevic goes with them and if the Bulls don't get back a big man in those deals and if they decide to rebuild......there's a chance Sanogo could get some opportunity as a bench big. Very low chance, but there's a chance
Drummond is also a FA after this season, so he could be someone that is moved which could open up space for Sanogo.

Reaction Score
Drummond is also a FA after this season, so he could be someone that is moved which could open up space for Sanogo.
Not sure if Sanogo is ready to fill these shoes. No attack..... Just say'n.

Reaction Score
Not sure if Sanogo is ready to fill these shoes. No attack..... Just say'n.
For a guy so-called experts said years ago no longer fit today's NBA, Drummond refuses to go quietly. That was a monster game. Maybe Drummond can be our big man coach when he retires?

Reaction Score
Why's that? He's a beast on the boards.

Being good at basketball doesn't make one a good coach (see: Donyell Marshall).

Does Andre have recruiting connections? Know anything about recruiting at all? Know NCAA regulations? Know how to teach skills? Does he have the personality to lead?

Reaction Score

Does Andre have recruiting connections? Know anything about recruiting at all? Know NCAA regulations? Know how to teach skills? Does he have the personality to lead?
There are no bad ideas in a brainstorm. That said those are some good questions to ask.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score

What I have seen is that great players usually don’t make the best coaches. I don’t have any empirical data that supports my claim but think about it just in basketball. MJ never tried it. The logo Jerry West did but was never a great coach. Larry Bird did not do so great. Bill Russel may be one of the exceptions. It’s tough to teach people how to do things when they come so easily for the greats.

Reaction Score

Greg Oden is coaching now at Butler as director of basketball operations. All good questions, I don’t think Andre coming back here on the staff would be out of the realm of possibility he’s a local guy who comes back here a lot. Would have to start off in a smaller role and not a big coach, maybe he goes to an NBA staff after his playing career.

We’ll see it’s a long ways away. Hopefully AD has another 5 years at least.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Back to Sanogo. The most outstanding player of the NCAA tourney deserves a shot a displaying his skills in the NBA. I don't care if it's the Bulls or another team. He needs to get the opportunity, and I'm confident he won't disappoint

Reaction Score
What I have seen is that great players usually don’t make the best coaches. I don’t have any empirical data that supports my claim but think about it just in basketball. MJ never tried it. The logo Jerry West did but was never a great coach. Larry Bird did not do so great. Bill Russel may be one of the exceptions. It’s tough to teach people how to do things when they come so easily for the greats
Patrick Ewing is an even better example. Then, look at Penny Hardaway and Juwann Howard. Both needed to hire former head coaches to school them on how to be a college coach and, despite all the great recruits their names have attracted, they aren't exactly lighting it up. Especially Howard.

The reasons? Not only their lack of coaching experience but also what it takes to build and run a program. Something they've never done. Then there's DH who made his mistakes at lower levels and was ready for a big D1 job.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Why do people just talk out of their ass? Bird 69% of the regular season games he coached as well as a conference championship. He quit because he didn't want to do it anymore.
And when he left he said “I am not cut out be be a coach”……he got frustrated all the time. I could have qualified my statement a little better but my reference in the last statement was mostly about him. He did not like dealing with people that much and especially big egos/personalities and there are examples of that throughout his career. I mean he did go to Indiana first and left after less than a month. He was an introvert and preferred less drama than more drama. So out my ass….wow that was pretty interesting…must be a big Bird fan. But I guess he was a great coach.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
And just to be clear to be a great coach you have to be great at dealing with egos and people in general. Think of Birds personality and does it really track with any great coach you can name. The job is meshing those egos into a cohesive unit. Bird just felt hat was all so unnecessary. Just go out do your job. But since I usually agree with your takes @Waquoit I will leave it at that. I find you as being one of the most reasonable posters on the board and your response caught me a bit off guard. Happy New Year!

Reaction Score
What I have seen is that great players usually don’t make the best coaches. I don’t have any empirical data that supports my claim but think about it just in basketball. MJ never tried it. The logo Jerry West did but was never a great coach. Larry Bird did not do so great. Bill Russel may be one of the exceptions. It’s tough to teach people how to do things when they come so easily for the greats.
Russell was a good coach when he was still playing, but not great afterward.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom