Sanogo and Clingan | The Boneyard

Sanogo and Clingan

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
If there was ever a team to try it against, this is it. With AJax in foul trouble they had to do it. AK wasn’t going to survive.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
I have mixed feelings. I like it in theory, but in reality I don’t like sanogo just hanging out at the three point line on offense or having to guard a nimble stretch four like he has had to.

Reaction Score
Offense looked a little disorganized... we looked best in transition getting rebounds and being a little bit reckless with it.

If this is what it takes to get Clingan his minutes, so be it. Kid has earned it. Won't work every night, but it's worth it now.

Reaction Score
I have mixed feelings. I like it in theory, but in reality I don’t like sanogo just hanging out at the three point line on offense or having to guard a nimble stretch four like he has had to.
That’s the big issue on offense. You have to keep one out of the post so that you don’t totally clog things and neither have perimeter skills. They went to the press a lot against that lineup because they knew Sanogo would end up with it to break the press and he couldn’t do anything to capitalize on the numbers.

Reaction Score
Clingan was our best player by far, only positive tonight. His minutes have to be at this level from here on out which could cause a dilemma.

Sanogo has been really disappointing in Big East play minus the Butler game where he dominated.

Reaction Score
Clingan was our best player by far, only positive tonight. His minutes have to be at this level from here on out which could cause a dilemma.

Sanogo has been really disappointing in Big East play minus the Butler game where he dominated.
Providence was clearly having more troubles with him than Sanogo.

Reaction Score
He had good position most of the night but the guards weren't feeding him- 2 of his buckets were defensive breakdowns. I think he needs more touches - granted Providence collapsed especially on Sanogo

Reaction Score
I went to the game and was watching off-the-ball action the entire game. Providence was extemely aggressive with our guards. More aggressive than I've ever seen in a basketball game in my life and I've watched a lot of NBA and NCAA games for 25+ years. Obviously the refs didn't call any off ball fouls even though they could have called a foul on almost every Uconn possession. That's why I think hurley went with a big lineup with Sanogo and Clingan because the guards had ZERO hope in this game of succeeding.

Reaction Score
Clingan is already significantly better than Sanogo at everything besides scoring (Clingan would probably manufacture close to as many points with Adama's minutes.) I don't think a lot of fans are ready to admit it which doesn't matter, what matters is Sanogo won't be ready to hear it. When you're the preseason Big East Player of the year and hyped as an all-American that's a tough pill but he's a 6'8 post man with a 7'2 kid next to him who is just scratching the surface.

Reaction Score
probably went to Sonogo and Clingan together because he read the boneyard and followed the advice of all the basketball geniuses on this site.
playing them together resulted in Sonogo getting burned by Hopkins immediately, no rebounding advantage and no better offense.

to those saying play them together do you still think it’s the answer.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Providence was clearly having more troubles with him than Sanogo.
Bc of where Clingan can catch the ball and they opposing teams don’t consider him an offensive threat like sanogo. This is where we see if Hurley has what it takes to make changes with the lineup or in game strategy. Or both!

Reaction Score
probably went to Sonogo and Clingan together because he read the boneyard and followed the advice of all the basketball geniuses on this site.
playing them together resulted in Sonogo getting burned by Hopkins immediately, no rebounding advantage and no better offense.

I think it's half the answer... and by half, I mean Clingan

Reaction Score

Clingan's better than Sanogo. But you probably didn't want to hear that.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Clingan is already significantly better than Sanogo at everything besides scoring (Clingan would probably manufacture close to as many points with Adama's minutes.) I don't think a lot of fans are ready to admit it which doesn't matter, what matters is Sanogo won't be ready to hear it. When you're the preseason Big East Player of the year and hyped as an all-American that's a tough pill but he's a 6'8 post man with a 7'2 kid next to him who is just scratching the surface.
Yup and Clingan plays with confidence. I like them playing together and surround them with a combo of Hawkins jackson and one of the guards.

Or play Clingan 20 minutes off the bench

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I went to the game and was watching off-the-ball action the entire game. Providence was extemely aggressive with our guards. More aggressive than I've ever seen in a basketball game in my life and I've watched a lot of NBA and NCAA games for 25+ years. Obviously the refs didn't call any off ball fouls even though they could have called a foul on almost every Uconn possession. That's why I think hurley went with a big lineup with Sanogo and Clingan because the guards had ZERO hope in this game of succeeding.
The refs have allowed the opposing team to manhandle our guards as a way to get back at Hurley. It’s vile

Reaction Score

Lolz, you think that's why we lost?

How was Karaban guarding Hopkins?

How were our guards?

How about adjustments?

50/50 balls?

Playing D without fouling?

Outside shooting?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

Yes. And he got burned once at the beginning. Not again. He also has Clingan in the lane when he high hedges instead of newton

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom