Saniya graduated

Reaction Score
Wish her the best ~~~
saniya.png

Copied from Tweets with replies by MingMing (@_xlschong) | Twitter

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
While some kids may sort of take getting a college degree for granted (though not during Finals week, probably), being first in your family is a "really, really big deal" in Geno-speak!

Congrats, Saniya!!

Reaction Score
Saniya was one of those players who you admired for her perseverance. She could have transferred to another school and perhaps got more playing time but decided to continue on at UConn and things really turned around for her. Congratulations and good luck with the Wings.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Question on Saniya:

In the Chinese League, each team is allowed one foreigner/American, I believe. Is there any chance that Saniya would be considered Chinese and not occupy one of the limited slots?

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Congratulations Saniya, Tierney and Natalie!!

Saniya - Good luck with your professional career, as you take the court to play for Dallas Wings.
Tierney - Good luck and may God bless you to get a farm, so you may continue the work you love to do.
Natalie - Good luck at George Mason, as you continue your Education and basketball eligibility.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The photo was taken by Saniya's HS coach, Dan Ricci, at Ossining HS. Dan is like a coach and like a father to Saniya.

I am sure her dad, mom and the coach will be very proud of her as the first college degree person in her family. Not easy for a blue worker family.

Dan Ricci (@CoachRicOHS) | Twitter

Kaizen, you said a mouth full. If you are a college graduate, you fully understand and appreciate the 4 years of hard work, dedication and sacrifice (by you and your support group) it took to qualify you to walk across that stage with your classmates on graduation day. If you are not a graduate, you'll never understand or appreciate having one, as you said especially for a blue collar family. A lot of students ENTER college, not all of them FINISH!!! Some dropout along the way and never go back. I'm very proud of Saniya. I hope she has unbridled success in whatever direction life takes her.

We saw her come in as a young 18 year old, full of wonderment, not knowing if she had what it takes to play at this level. We saw her gradually grow and mature on and off the court. We saw her struggle during low points and cheered her during high points during her career.

Fast forward to today, here stands Saniya Chong. A accomplished young woman that has finish her journey through college, CD's & Geno's finishing school, and leaves with all the tools necessary to be successful in today's world. It was a pleasure to watch you over the last 4 years. Congrats Saniya. :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Much success to Saniya!
If she never plays a minute for an WNBA (or in any other Pro league) team, she will have an invaluable asset for ANY employer. I mean, how'd you like to have 4 years in the UCONN WCBB Cauldron on your resume?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom