San Diego State Post Game Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

San Diego State Post Game Thread

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Running out of things to say about this team. Cam, Steph and Diarra were great.

We're like a plane with 8 engines. 3 can go out and we're still flying.

The only team that can beat us is us.
Just say it...best UConn team ever.

They're a wagon.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Just went to ESPN.com and you literally have to scroll down 2/3 of the page to see any reference to the UConn win. Weird. Penix's 40 time right up there, though.

You do know why. We left for the Big East and took away the only team that made them money in AAC. It's the same on the women's ESPN site.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Really hoping we play Iowa State. They're basically SDSU on steroids which is a better matchup for us than facing a team that can absolutely fill it up like Illinois.
Saw Illinois 4 times this season. Pegged them as a FF team. I hate being wrong, but oh well. They will fail to get there.

Reaction Score
It’s going to take an off night offensively from UConn + a good 3 point shooting night to beat this team.

It could happen of course. I won’t sleep for a week if it does.

Reaction Score
Castle looked like he hit his head on the floor pretty hard on that collision. Scary moment
I thought so too at first, but on the last replay, it looked like he somehow kept his head from hitting the floor. He must have very strong neck muscles! I was surprised the refs didn’t review it.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Think I saw a stat that said SDSU had 1 layup to our 8 at some point in the 2nd half.

Between the rebounding an absolute paint domination, it makes us almost impossible to beat. Clingan might be the most underrated player in the country.

Feel like I may be a little excited here, but haven’t seen someone have a defensive impact like this since Anthony Davis. Teams have no chance in the paint with him out there.

Reaction Score
Think I saw a stat that said SDSU had 1 layup to our 8 at some point in the 2nd half.

Between the rebounding an absolute paint domination, it makes us almost impossible to beat. Clingan might be the most underrated player in the country.

Feel like I may be a little excited here, but haven’t seen someone have a defensive impact like this since Anthony Davis. Teams have no chance in the paint with him out there.
Said the other day clingan/castle is the best defensive player combo since AD and MKG

Reaction Score
Mick Cronin called AD “the best college freshman in 40 years” or something like that. Crazy praise.

And Clingan changes games as much as he did

Reaction Score
Castle is going to be a top 5 pick and possibly the top American prospect selected. His physical profile, his IQ, his defense, and his intangibles are crazy for a true freshman. His willingness to fit into a system and put his ego aside shows maturity beyond his years.

That drive when he essentially gathered and out muscled LeDee was so, so ridiculous for a true frosh. He's just scratching the surface.

I'm showing my age here, and I know the game has evolved somewhat, but Stephon Castle's game reminds me of Sidney Moncrief.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Castle solid all game. Cam bailed us out in the first. Then we started clicking and got contributions from everyone. Just an epic performance on that stage against a very good team. Arizona went home. Carolina in a dogfight. We won by 30. That has to terrify people.

Reaction Score
Roumoglou can play and will be Karaban jr next year.
I hope Roumoglou gets a real opportunity next year- he has to shore up any weaknesses in his game. He definitely can shoot. It might be all in his hands- if defense or hustle or whatever is holding him back, he needs to work on that over the summer.

Reaction Score
Went to number one in offense and number 6 in defense on kenpom

kenpom.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak