Samuelson takes AAC coaches vote in stride | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Samuelson takes AAC coaches vote in stride

Reaction Score
Great news, so will we be expecting some posts from you soon about your buddies denigrating or dissing the accomplishments of the other players on the team because there are quite a few of those posts and posters out there?
Not sure if you are being sarcastic or not, but I will say we should just let this go, okay? I am here to enjoy the exploits of these young women. And so are, I believe at the very least, a sizable majority of the posters on this board. I am not here to engage in gamesmanship or whatever you want to play. I am not here to "police" things, there is an OP for that. But I will voice my opinion if I see what I perceive to be an egregious attempt to pit a player against another.

Reaction Score
Not sure if you are being sarcastic or not, but I will say we should just let this go, okay? I am here to enjoy the exploits of these young women. And so are, I believe at the very least, a sizable majority of the posters on this board. I am not here to engage in gamesmanship or whatever you want to play. I am not here to "police" things, there is an OP for that. But I will voice my opinion if I see what I perceive to be an egregious attempt to pit a player against another.

Well you went after a poster because you didn't like what they said using an argument that was not in line with the way you yourself post, so not sure whether you are just here for one player or you actually meant what you said and would chastise all posters who did what you said that one poster did, as you seem to have ignored many posters doing the same thing.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score

Attachments

• Electric Kool.jpg
    Electric Kool.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 23
Reaction Score
It's amazing that we are even having this discussion.. But I for one think the coaches are correct in their assessment based on last year's performance. The major difference between the two talents for me is Consistency. While it appeared a few individuals and or schemes were successful in taking KLS out of the game last year, the only thing that took Napheesa out of the game was foul trouble and perhaps having two at most off games.. Where as KLS missed a significant amount of open shots throughout the season. Out of the two players when the shot went up I think it was safe to say we kinda expected Colliers to go in, because she was that consistent throughout the entire season... And for that she is more than deserving of the recognition bestowed upon her at the beginning of the season.. For those of you who still believe Collier was only open because of the effort to gaurd KLS, need to go watch game film again, Collier got shots up because she out worked her opponents and beat them to spots where she was effective in scoring, if your really think apposing coaches are going to ignore the leading scorer and a high percentage scorer at that, you all are nuts...
I would phrase things differently. You can only focus on one player at a time and it was no coincidence that Lou's lower performing games were Gabby's and Collier's best. After Lou's 40 point outburst, teams tended towards doubling her above the key, leaving the others open to go to basket. Geno likely to be happy if doubling Lou gives others open shots.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I would phrase things differently. You can only focus on one player at a time and it was no coincidence that Lou's lower performing games were Gabby's and Collier's best. After Lou's 40 point outburst, teams tended towards doubling her above the key, leaving the others open to go to basket. Geno likely to be happy if doubling Lou gives others open shots.
Then Lou becomes The Passing Samuelson.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Actually she is, the older Samuelson averaged 3.4 and was a very good rebounder, the younger 3.9, both rebound well for the position they play and get rebounds when they need to. Funny how just a couple of clicks of the old computer found this ;)

Reaction Score
Actually she is, the older Samuelson averaged 3.4 and was a very good rebounder, the younger 3.9, both rebound well for the position they play and get rebounds when they need to. Funny how just a couple of clicks of the old computer found this ;)
I was quoting Geno.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Ooooh, wonder why I thought you were saying it.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure what "best shooter" means. If defined by shooting percentages then KLS had neither the best overall or 3 point fg shooting percentage on the team. However, if you said who was the most feared shooter on the team( and perhaps in WCBB) ,IMO, it was definitely KLS as she seemed to draw extra attention by the defense. And yes, she did spread the floor which facilitated scoring opportunities for her team mates.
Interestingly, as part of her evolution she appears to be working on tactics that will improve her options when guarded closely. IMO, she will be better at beating her defender this year and that will help with her scoring and probably assists.
I don't know how to define best shooter either, but PPG or scoring percentage are definitely not it, alone at least. But I do know that anyone who can go 10 for 10 from outside is greatly to be feared, especially when that person is usually the #1 target of the defense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom