Samuel | The Boneyard

Samuel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We all like Terrence and I think it sometimes leads us to saying he's better than he is. I'm sorry but he's been horrendous for several games now. We all know he is a horrible shooter but we expect solid defense and ball handling/passing. Well his ballhandling/passing and even his defense has been a disaster.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
We all like Terrence and I think it sometimes leads us to saying he's better than he is. I'm sorry but he's been horrendous for several games now. We all know he is a horrible shooter but we expect solid defense and ball handling/passing. Well his ballhandling/passing and even his defense has been a disaster.
All season.

Reaction Score
We have too many glue guys on this team. That is going to be a problem next year

Reaction Score
T. Sam is the only player that makes me nervous every time he has the ball. He has had some good moments but they are always scary as well!

Reaction Score
Unfortunately we have 4 people who should be playing 8 minutes a game playing 32 minutes a game. Not much we can do except keep the ball out of their hands as much as possible.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL Thats a funny and true story

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Comparing TSam to Taliek should be grounds for an automatic ban.
I take back that statement.... He's no Taliek, not even close. In all honestly, if Jimmy Calhoun was still coaching this squad, I'd put good money on him transferring this off-season. I like him personally, but his skill-set is not UConn worthy. Same goes for Omar.

Reaction Score
WTF. Has happened to Omar? Just don't get it; tremendous drop off. Must has to be the hip surgery .

sammydabiz

Reaction Score
We all have to hope KO can bring another PG in besides Adams.. We cannot count on Samuel to play a lot of minutes.
Is there really anyone of substance left to recruit at PG? I have my doubts... JUCO and 5th year seniors are our only hope..... The jury is still out on Sam Cassel Jr

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Is there really anyone of substance left to recruit at PG? I have my doubts... JUCO and 5th year seniors are our only hope..... The jury is still out on Sam Cassel Jr

You're forgetting how hard SC was getting shat on before his injury. The only reason people have a more positive impression of him now is because he hasn't played in a while. If he were up to his usual shtick of missing 3s and not playing D, he would be criticized here at T-Sam levels.

Reaction Score
I was only able to watch the 2nd half, and was shocked to see TSam get so much time. There were stretches with him, Brimah, Nolan, Purvis and RB on the floor. How tough is that to guard?

Reaction Score
We have too many glue guys on this team. That is going to be a problem next year

No.

Glue guys typically excel at one particular thing while being solid at a few others. You can count on them to go in at least be solid but never usually great. Think niels junior year. Or Beverly. Or Austrie. The key being consistency.

We have a bunch of guys who excel at nothing and are particularly weak in a number of areas while being wildly inconsistent.

The problem is we have no glue guys not too many.

sammydabiz

Reaction Score
You're forgetting how hard SC was getting shat on before his injury. The only reason people have a more positive impression of him now is because he hasn't played in a while. If he were up to his usual shtick of missing 3s and not playing D, he would be criticized here at T-Sam levels.
Very true, crazy how being injured, can elevate your game.... This is very concerning, but it's the hand we've been dealt. I don't think I've ever put as much hope into a freshman, as I will with Jalen Adams next year

Reaction Score
T. Sam is the only player that makes me nervous every time he has the ball. He has had some good moments but they are always scary as well!

Not the only. RP hasn't seen a sideline he didn't want to step on.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Very true, crazy how being injured, can elevate your game.... This is very concerning, but it's the hand we've been dealt. I don't think I've ever put as much hope into a freshman, as I will with Jalen Adams next year

Carter could help a lot - he's a consensus 4-star guy according to all of the major services. I dunno why some people here are cool on him.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
For all of you guys who just figured out that TSam can't ball, I think we should get together for a few hands of poker.
Why on earth did you think threads on Hardnett and Carter were always busy?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
C
I have a crud memory and somehow I remember this. It must be nice to forget it.

I'm waiting for Cheeky to spin OC should be starting ahead of Rodney or playing at the end of games instead of Rodney. Not that Rodney had a good game or anything but he was better than OC imo who was better than TSam who was better than most games Sam J played. I need to see more from Dan Guest to know where he fits in this pecking order. But he won't be back so it's not an issue.

Good thing is that DD and NG were not good players in 2012. Saw improvement in 2013 and big improvement in 2014. So who knows.

Reaction Score
Prince and Turtle off the bench next year is a good start.......

ooops.png

Reaction Score
I said it in the chat and I'll elaborate here: Samuel is emblematic of what is wrong with this program right now.

In terms of on-court play, nothing more needs to be said. He's a guy that on a vintage UConn team from the mid 90's through the late 00's would be used for 5 mpg when we have a 10 point lead late in the first half, to spell our star PGs (back when they only had to play 33-35 mpg, not 38-40). Instead, he's getting 21 mpg and is the first guard off the bench. The talent is just horrible right now, a 20-25-year low.

He was a Plan D recruit, outside the Top 100, after we were unable to land anyone better. The recruiting failures (whether we had excuses or not*) have led to a horrific dearth of talent.

*The previous excuses (ban, scholarship reductions, coaching uncertainty) are gone, but the shortcomings in recruiting have continued. This is alarming.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
I said it in the chat and I'll elaborate here: Samuel is emblematic of what is wrong with this program right now.

In terms of on-court play, nothing more needs to be said. He's a guy that on a vintage UConn team from the mid 90's through the late 00's would be used for 5 mpg when we have a 10 point lead late in the first half, to spell our star PGs (back when they only had to play 33-35 mpg, not 38-40). Instead, he's getting 21 mpg and is the first guard off the bench. The talent is just horrible right now, a 20-25-year low.

He was a Plan D recruit, outside the Top 100, after we were unable to land anyone better. The recruiting failures (whether we had excuses or not*) have led to a horrific dearth of talent.

*The previous excuses (ban, scholarship reductions, coaching uncertainty) are gone, but the shortcomings in recruiting have continued. This is alarming.

Have we considered how inexperienced Ollie is as a recruiter? You don't go from a 30-year HC who was one of the masters of the art to a replacement with only two years as an assistant without expecting some kind of drop-off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom