2021 Recruiting: - Samson Johnson’s first game of the year. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Samson Johnson’s first game of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm basing it on how he's built and his play. He's way more built and a much more powerful athlete than Adams and Cole. Those guys aren't really built all that well and are below average athletes at this level.
As a 17 yr old it's not even close.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I'm basing it on how he's built and his play. He's way more built and a much more powerful athlete than Adams and Cole. Those guys aren't really built all that well and are below average athletes at this level.
I haven’t seen him in person or even a full game for that matter so maybe youve seen stuff I haven’t. Do you have footage that you could point us to?

For a 17 year old high school player to already be stronger than a 21 year old Adams (who consistently wins the team weight room contests) seems unlikely without ever having worked consistently with a legit strength coach.

To Floyd’s credit he is only listed as 5 lbs lighter than Adams, which is impressive given his age.

Reaction Score
I haven’t seen him in person or even a full game for that matter so maybe youve seen stuff I haven’t. Do you have footage that you could point us to?

For a 17 year old high school player to already be stronger than a 21 year old Adams (who consistently wins the team weight room contests) seems unlikely without ever having worked consistently with a legit strength coach.

To Floyd’s credit he is only listed as 5 lbs lighter than Adams, which is impressive given his age.
There's athletic strength that is explosive and dynamic and there's athletic strength that's just not flexible/fluid.. I think Adams is the latter.

Reaction Score

Floyd's high school has a legit strength program, I'm guessing he's about 220 lbs. now.

Adams is listed at 195 lbs. and there's no way he's winning any weight room contests on this team.

Reaction Score
Floyd's high school has a legit strength program, I'm guessing he's about 220 lbs. now.

Adams is listed at 195 lbs. and there's no way he's winning any weight room contests on this team.
And the dude is still growing..

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score

I heard that Whaley and Adams were the strongest in the weight room in the beginning of the season.

Reaction Score
I heard that Whaley and Adams were the strongest in the weight room in the beginning of the season.
There's no way Adams is stronger than Sanogo.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
There's no way Adams is stronger than Sanogo.
Sanogo is built , but Adams has core strength and the advantage of several years of college strength training.

See this preseason thread. Andre Instagram Live.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I don't think that's remotely fair to Adams.

Edit: You just tacked on a phantom 25 pounds above his listed weight for Floyd. C'mon. The kid is a stud for 17 or whatever he is but that's a little ridiculous, especially if you're pinning Adams to his listed weight. As far as they way they play, you're comparing a kid bullying high school players to the Big East.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Sanogo is built , but Adams has core strength and the advantage of several years of college strength training.

See this preseason thread. Andre Instagram Live.

Jackson said Adams and Whaley strongest on team

Reaction Score
I don't think that's remotely fair to Adams.

Edit: You just tacked on a phantom 25 pounds above his listed weight for Floyd. C'mon. The kid is a stud for 17 or whatever he is but that's a little ridiculous, especially if you're pinning Adams to his listed weight. As far as they way they play, you're comparing a kid bullying high school players to the Big East.

Reaction Score
I don't think some of you have seen Corey Floyd play this year. He was always strong but his body is a lot different now. The writeups all have him at 210 or 205 lb., which definitely looks light to me. We haven't had a power guard like this in recent memory.

Reaction Score
I don't think some of you have seen Corey Floyd play this year. He was always strong but his body is a lot different now. The writeups all have him at 210 or 205 lb., which definitely looks light to me. We haven't had a power guard like this in recent memory.
At the same time you’re vastly underscoring Adams’ strength, he’s a very strong guard.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Am I the only one who views him more as a center than a forward? I know he can hit the three on occasion and is very mobile but he just plays better closer to the basket on tape.

Reaction Score
Am I the only one who views him more as a center than a forward? I know he can hit the three on occasion and is very mobile but he just plays better closer to the basket on tape.
IIRC. When he and Adama played together in HS I believe AS played C and Samson played the 4.Things change and kids grow physically and skill wise but I don't see AS as a face the basket 4 in CBB.

Is AA back next year and if yes he would demand PT at the 4. IMO Samson can play 4 or 5 but AS is more of a 5 skill wise.

Reaction Score
What makes him so strong? He doesn't look particularly physically strong, he doesn't play play particularly strong, he's not at all explosive.
Well for one, as someone else mentioned, he’s pretty much a beast in the weight room. And when he drives he goes strong, stronger than our other guards that’s for sure, he just doesn’t have his confidence right now it seems. Strength also doesn’t necessarily equal explosion.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Well for one, as someone else mentioned, he’s pretty much a beast in the weight room. And when he drives he goes strong, stronger than our other guards that’s for sure, he just doesn’t have his confidence right now it seems. Strength also doesn’t necessarily equal explosion.
You honestly believe Adams takes the ball strong to the rack? What evidence do you have of that?

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
IIRC. When he and Adama played together in HS I believe AS played C and Samson played the 4.Things change and kids grow physically and skill wise but I don't see AS as a face the basket 4 in CBB.

Is AA back next year and if yes he would demand PT at the 4. IMO Samson can play 4 or 5 but AS is more of a 5 skill wise.
and Samson struggled at times at the 4. Looks more comfortable this year at the 5.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You honestly believe Adams takes the ball strong to the rack? What evidence do you have of that?

Have you watched the last 3 years? The kid is strong, he constantly goes through much bigger guys. I'm not saying he's succeeding at it like Dwayne Wade, but strength isn't the reason why not. He played power forward for us at the end of the year last year, and held his own.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Have you watched the last 3 years? The kid is strong, he constantly goes through much bigger guys. I'm not saying he's succeeding at it like Dwayne Wade, but strength isn't the reason why not. He played power forward for us at the end of the year last year, and held his own.
I've watched the last three years and can count his strong takes to the rack that he finished on one hand. His big games have come when he gets streaky hot from 3. He is not strong with the ball or good at finishing through contact.

Reaction Score
Where is all the beast in the weight room stuff coming from? Because he won an off-season hard worker competiton award with Alosi? Polley and Jackson won off-season awards with Rehfeldt. The only videos I've seen posted of him lifting were from the Alosi days and he was struggling to bench press not much weight and his other lifts were ordinary. It's become gospel here that Adams is this super strong guy and I've just never seen it.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Where is all the beast in the weight room stuff coming from? Because he won an off-season hard worker competiton award with Alosi? Polley and Jackson won off-season awards with Rehfeldt. The only videos I've seen posted of him lifting were from the Alosi days and he was struggling to bench press not much weight and his other lifts were ordinary. It's become gospel here that Adams is this super strong guy and I've just never seen it.
Why did Andre J say that Brendan and Isaiah were the strongest on the team in preseason live Instagram chat then ?

Reaction Score
Why did Andre J say that Brendan and Isaiah were the strongest on the team in preseason live Instagram chat then ?
I have no idea, never saw that. I do know if Sanogo had any meaningful time in the weight room he would be lifting more than Adams. We haven't been a physically strong team for years, we finally seem to be upgrading this with gains from current players especially Jackson and Martin, bringing in Sanogo, and Floyd coming in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom