2021 Recruiting: - Samson Johnson’s first game of the year. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Samson Johnson’s first game of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have no idea, never saw that. I do know if Sanogo had any meaningful time in the weight room he would be lifting more than Adams. We haven't been a physically strong team for years, we finally seem to be upgrading this with gains from current players especially Jackson and Martin, bringing in Sanogo, and Floyd coming in the future.
You never saw that? What a casual fan smh

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I have no idea, never saw that. I do know if Sanogo had any meaningful time in the weight room he would be lifting more than Adams. We haven't been a physically strong team for years, we finally seem to be upgrading this with gains from current players especially Jackson and Martin, bringing in Sanogo, and Floyd coming in the future.
I don't disagree with that. I like that we have some strong men on the team finally, Adams is definately the strongest guard we have on the team. I was standing near him the previous season as he was practicing and I said to myself that Adams looks brick tough and had the mean look where you dont want to get him upset.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Where is all the beast in the weight room stuff coming from? Because he won an off-season hard worker competiton award with Alosi? Polley and Jackson won off-season awards with Rehfeldt. The only videos I've seen posted of him lifting were from the Alosi days and he was struggling to bench press not much weight and his other lifts were ordinary. It's become gospel here that Adams is this super strong guy and I've just never seen it.
Homey and you’re claiming a 17 year old would be the strongest guard on our team now based on liking how he looks in a uniform

Reaction Score
Homey and you’re claiming a 17 year old would be the strongest guard on our team now based on liking how he looks in a uniform
Basing it on how he's built and how he plays. He's bigger than Adams and plays much more powerfully/explosively. We haven't lifted weights with either of them so what are we supposed to base it on?

Reaction Score
Anyone who looks at Floyd and looks at Adams and can't see that Floyd is already stronger than Adams just wants to argue. I guess that's the Boneyard. But please. Do you need to see Karl Malone and Kevin Durant lift weights to see who is stronger? Cuz that's about the same difference here.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Basing it on how he's built and how he plays. He's bigger than Adams and plays much more powerfully/explosively. We haven't lifted weights with either of them so what are we supposed to base it on?
Well, you said he clearly was the stronger than any of our guards, “not even close” you said.

To make that claim based on how he looks and the way he matches up against other 17 year old high school guards, most of who will play low D1 if D1 at all is completely ridiculous. ...I get it, you think the Roselle Catholic strength and conditioning program is equivalent to UConn’s.

i never said it wasn’t possible he’s stronger than our guards. I said it’s very unlikely that right now at 17 he is, let alone “clearly” lol.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Anyone who looks at Floyd and looks at Adams and can't see that Floyd is already stronger than Adams just wants to argue. I guess that's the Boneyard. But please. Do you need to see Karl Malone and Kevin Durant lift weights to see who is stronger? Cuz that's about the same difference here.
Anyone who has been in a high school gym when a legit high major D1 upperclassman comes to scrimmage knows that they are able to body pretty much every high school player in the gym...even if the college player is a guard and the high school prospect is a big.
Will Solomon could post up Ryan Gomes all day when Gomes was in high school and will was at Clemson.

The amount of strength you gain between 17 and 20 is huge. There’s a reason no high schoolers could ever go straight to the NFL.

Can we not all agree that looking bigger is not the same as definitely being stronger?

Reaction Score
Well, you said he clearly was the stronger than any of our guards, “not even close” you said.

To make that claim based on how he looks and the way he matches up against other 17 year old high school guards, most of who will play low D1 if D1 at all is completely ridiculous. ...I get it, you think the Roselle Catholic strength and conditioning program is equivalent to UConn’s.

i never said it wasn’t possible he’s stronger than our guards. I said it’s very unlikely that right now at 17 he is, let alone “clearly” lol.
Yes, that's exactly what I said. He's a lot stronger than any of our current guards, I'm basing that on his build/size and how he plays. You still think Floyd weighs 190 lbs.

You're getting ridiculous now, saying I think the Roselle strength program is equivalent to the UConn strength program.

Reaction Score
Anyone who has been in a high school gym when a legit high major D1 upperclassman comes to scrimmage knows that they are able to body pretty much every high school player in the gym...even if the college player is a guard and the high school prospect is a big.
Will Solomon could post up Ryan Gomes all day when Gomes was in high school and will was at Clemson.

The amount of strength you gain between 17 and 20 is huge. There’s a reason no high schoolers could ever go straight to the NFL.

Can we not all agree that looking bigger is not the same as definitely being stronger?
You're out there.

Reaction Score

No

Reaction Score
SAMSON VS BERGEN 2/10

10 PTS
7 REB (1 offensive)
0 AST (2 potential / 0 foul)

3 TO
4 STL
3 BLK

3/3 2FG
1/4 3FG
1/3 FT

• Looks pretty comfortable facing up at the top of the key. If we’re going to continue to have our 5s do that, probably a good skill to have.
  • His arms are stupid long. There’s no way he is able to buy shirts that fit.
  • Way more confident in his ability to contest shots than a year ago. He didn’t look very comfortable before. Looks like a natural shotblocker now. Contesting most everything he can at the rim without fouling.
  • I don’t really think TPS is that well coached of a team--hate to say it. They certainly amass talent, but their offense is mechanical and boring. Kids don’t seem to know their roles and no one can score. Sounds a lot like UConn right now, TBH. No sense of urgency down 6 with two minutes to go and never bothered to foul? Weird.
  • Does play quite a bit of time at the 4… maybe 2/3rds of this game. but still filling a kind of traditional big man role. Catches and passes on the perimeter, shoots some 3s, but most of his work inside was at the rim.
  • Surprisingly good handle on the perimeter. Not great, not even good compared to guards, but definitely better than Akok/Polley for example.
  • Got a lot stronger, noticeable different in his rebounding.
  • Not a very good outlet passer. 2 of his TOs were off them.
  • Has the lateral speed and hip movement to defend just about anyone on the perimeter
  • Looks SUPER awkward at the rim doing anything but dunking, but he did have a nice tip in off a missed 3 that showed some touch.

Overall, I hate making these kinds of comparison, but he looks A LOT like Akok at the same stage… just an inch taller and a few inch longer arms. Stupid length and athleticism. Fantastic defender, but a little too skinny to defend the block. Versatility guarding the perimeter at his height will be a big asset. Shooting is not good at all, but getting the opportunities now will pay dividends in a year or two.

Ranking seems fair. Right around what Akok was before that 1 good weekend in June that bumped him up. Very high potential--as high as anyone on our team outside of Bouk probably. But also a long way to go to get there.

Between Johnson, Hawkins, an improving Jackson and Tyrese we’re going to have a heck of a defensive team at the 2-4.

Reaction Score

Great comp. You continue to bring the heat. And by that I mean post moronic stuff all day long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom