Sally Jenkins on Muffet | The Boneyard

Sally Jenkins on Muffet

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I heard this on All Things Considered on the way home. Sally Jenkins, sportswriter for the Washington Post, talking about Coach McGraws recent remarks:

Reaction Score
Look - I'm a woman. We ALL know how the sport started (i.e. stealing supplies, getting time on the courts, etc). However, men have contributed mightily to the sport. But would I be thrilled to see a woman take over when Geno decides to retire? You bet! But only if she were the right, qualified person for the job.

Reaction Score
Ohhhhh, another Muffet and Women Empowerment thread. Hadn't seen a new one in the last few hours.
I wonder how many other notable people out there are going to voice their opinions?

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Ohhhhh, another Muffet and Women Empowerment thread. Hadn't seen a new one in the last few hours.
I wonder how many other notable people out there are going to voice their opinions?

I’m not even trying to be rude to nan, I just don’t understand why when the rival coach makes some laughably ignorant and misinformed statements there can’t be fun at her expenses

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Look - I'm a woman. We ALL know how the sport started (i.e. stealing supplies, getting time on the courts, etc). However, men have contributed mightily to the sport. But would I be thrilled to see a woman take over when Geno decides to retire? You bet! But only if she were the right, qualified person for the job.
I just want to see women hired for head coaching jobs in MBB; that is where I want to see equality take place.

Reaction Score
i'VE LIVED too long I guess, or the impressions of the world is different than I lived it. Honestly, in my high teens, young adult hood, I believed then and today: Gender, races, nationality, religion has no reason to be used in the selection process. The best person for the job is the only person to hire. Unfortunately I think the selection of a Female has a tilt in her direction relative to the many off court issues we have seen. It will never be a perfect would until dogs rule it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom