Saint John's Post Game Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Saint John's Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Tristen Newton with a BE POY performance. Cam with an efficient 20 and 9 assists. Karaban with 14 on 50/50/100. Diarra double digits, Clingan 4 blocks, Jaylin Stewart best game of his career. And we only won by 5.

Why? Because Daniss Jenkins went crazy, Dingle got hot, and UConn and St Johns just gave us a HELL of a basketball game. This is going to be the marquee rivalry of the new BE until Pitino or Hurley leaves. Give me this twice a year in the Garden PLEASE

Don’t kill me here, but I actually don’t hate that the refs were way too tight early and then loosened up as the game went on. Normally I have the opposite stance, but that place was a powder keg and they didn’t lose control. It led to some bad calls and some bad missed calls, but it was still a GREAT game

Neither Clingan or Soriano could show their full game, but it’s funny to see how much better Clingan is as a sophomore. Soriano looked really uncomfortable out there

Let’s win this thing tomorrow!

Reaction Score
You have to overcome adversity in March. Horrid officiating when you have both coaches pick up techs within minutes then you suck. Give St John’s credit they are definetly a tournament team very tough to beat a team 3 times especially against Pitino.

Clingan didn’t have a good game when he’s in foul trouble it does affect his decision making sometimes, but he does tend to rebound the next game expect him to take out his anger tomorrow night. Cam as always coming up with the big plays, Karaban with clutch plays in 2nd half, Castle stepped up in 2nd half he has hands of an NFL wr the way he gets balls in traffic, who would you trust more then Diarra in these high intense games off the bench. Sampson continuing to improve. Stewart played very well.

Reaction Score
Tristen Newton with a BE POY performance. Cam with an efficient 20 and 9 assists. Karaban with 14 on 50/50/100. Diarra double digits, Clingan 4 blocks, Jaylin Stewart best game of his career. And we only won by 5.

Why? Because Daniss Jenkins went crazy, Dingle got hot, and UConn and St Johns just gave us a HELL of a basketball game. This is going to be the marquee rivalry of the new BE until Pitino or Hurley leaves. Give me this twice a year in the Garden PLEASE

Don’t kill me here, but I actually don’t hate that the refs were way too tight early and then loosened up as the game went on. Normally I have the opposite stance, but that place was a powder keg and they didn’t lose control. It led to some bad calls and some bad missed calls, but it was still a GREAT game

Neither Clingan or Soriano could show their full game, but it’s funny to see how much better Clingan is as a sophomore. Soriano looked really uncomfortable out there

Let’s win this thing tomorrow!
When the refs are too tight early, I don't get to watch Clingan play. That's bad for the game and for UConn. It's more fun when we don't have to hear a whistle on every possession.

UConn's D was off but I think they had to play soft because of the early foul calls.

Reaction Score
  1. It seemed like whenever we needed a basket, either Newton got one or Cam sored, assisted or rebounded for us..
  2. Samson and Stewart were a combined 7 for 7
  3. Castle led the team in rebounds and only played about half the game.
  4. DC really struggled with the pace.
  5. Diarra was solid (again)
  6. We really can't give up 17 more shots to an opponent like tonight

Reaction Score
We're highly unlikely to lose when we score 95 points.

The only thing that kept them close was rebounding where they had 3 more than us. Make that 4.

Reaction Score
Hope Newton is ok, he was shaking out that hand again and didn't shoot much after that
Ya, he was in some pain there. Held his left arm by his side for at least 3-4 plays. Shaking his hand. Maybe a stinger? Hope he's 100 percent tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Well, it was a home game for St Johns, and they were never seriously in that game in 2nd half.

They put up a valiant fight but no reason to read negatives into the game - we won, they lost. St. John’s was on a hot streak and we helped them learn they have a ways to go to have a chance to make a deep tourney run.

Next game, please.

Reaction Score
When the refs are too tight early, I don't get to watch Clingan play. That's bad for the game and for UConn. It's more fun when we don't have to hear a whistle on every possession.

UConn's D was off but I think they had to play soft because of the early foul calls.
Clingan's fouls weren't the refs fault. The second foul was him being a complete bozo and the third was unnecessary.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
St John’s clutching and grabbing us the entire 2nd half and we’re still not in the bonus when they intentionally foul us with 30 seconds left. Always good for a laugh.
What bothered me most was all the shoving they were getting away with under the basket every time a shot went up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom