Saban not happy with students | The Boneyard

Saban not happy with students

Reaction Score
I don't know how to link video's but I saw Saban was complaining about his student section not being full for a 11AM non SEC game this past week. How it would not be a special place to play if this happens again. Damn heretics! The horror! He is the highest paid coach $8 million plus and last I knew the booster club was paying his mortgage.

Reaction Score
Saban has a god complex, he expects everyone in college football to bow to his wishes ranging from playes who are not allowed to stransfer, to university officials who do not provide with enough resources to keep way ahead of everyone else, to students who better be in the stands even againts a team that 'Bama will jump oyut to a 28-0 lead in the 1st quarter at 11 AM, to the selection commitee insisting that his team's OCC schedule is much better than everyone else's...

Reaction Score
Imagine not going to a game because your team is simply gonna dominant. Must be nice

Reaction Score
The difference is, the University community will make sure it doesn't happen again. Fraternities, Sororities, Student Unions and other groups would make sure that there are butts in the seats. While in Connecticut, we have the Ethics Committee busting chops.

Reaction Score
Oh the horror! Kids, you know, with that life they have, were likely hung over or studying or doing many of the other important things related to college like getting an education and being social/meeting new people.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Also notice he had suggestions of reutilizing those seats for the general public who would show up regardless of competition.

You won't see those seats empty again.

But it's not unique to Bama. Auburn didn't have full attendance against LSU on a perfect Saturday afternoon. They may have sold all tickets but there were about 5k-7k empty seats at the top of the upper deck and in the corners.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
...Auburn didn't have full attendance against LSU on a perfect Saturday afternoon. They may have sold all tickets but there were about 5k-7k empty seats at the top of the upper deck and in the corners.

Jordan-Hare Stadium seats over 87,000 and while it was 76 degrees and comfy here, it was 103 on the field that day.

Texts from my friends who were there:

"110, 99, 103 what the difference."

"It's kcufing hot...Lucky there is a breeze in the nose bleeds."

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Is that stadium on campus??

:)

Reaction Score
Imagine not going to a game because your team is simply gonna dominant. Must be nice

Why? Competition and suspense are the main attractions of any sporting event. People don't want to believe that winning gets boring, but it absolutely does. You can't re-create the first time. That's the inherent advantage losing programs have over winning programs. You'll take the unopened gift over the check every time.

Reaction Score
Bama’s OCC is an absolute joke. Yet, all bow down and they get a pass. Total garbage. LA- Lafayette, Arkansas State, Citadel... 25% of their schedule is not competitive.

C

Chief00

Can't be true. Students with on-campus stadiums always show up!!
When I was walking into the Cincy game about 15 minutes before game time - I counted 15 yellow buses completely filled with students leaving the student lot and going back to Storrs. And that’s just what I saw.
So it’s not that the students don’t get to The Rent - they just don’t go into the game. In fact, at least a thousand leave before the game starts.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
When I was walking into the Cincy game about 15 minutes before game time - I counted 15 yellow buses completely filled with students leaving the student lot and going back to Storrs. And that’s just what I saw.
So it’s not that the students don’t get to The Rent - they just don’t go into the game. In fact, at least a thousand leave before the game starts.
It likely wouldn't be any different on campus. They'd all go to whatever the tailgate scene would look like and then walk back to their dorms. Sure, some more would go in but not as many as people want to believe.

I remember the BC game two years ago. Student section was fairly full at start but at halftime 80% of them left their seats and never came back.

People, and students, want to see a winning or enjoyable product. Right now, that's not happening.

Reaction Score
Give them a reason to stay (on a consistent basis) and they will stay.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom