Rutgers Coach claims........ | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Rutgers Coach claims........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
SEC teams won't play RU. sorry no link herd it on college football live (ESPN)

I believe it. No SEC team wants to play in the north -ever. They are afraid of the cold.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
@HFD's sincerity and love of UConn shine's through his every post and at least he's giving idea's that he hopes will actually elevate the program!!What have you done here with your snobbery to add to the community on the BY and the school you espouse to love?Offer grammar and spelling lessons?Did you bring apples to the teacher as a kid too?This is a blog for fans not a classroom!
What do you do at night to be posting on an opposing team's message board at such hours? Is the weight of the world preventing you from getting restful sleep? Lighten up. Life's too short...

Not that i feel an overwhelming need to justify my fandom, but since you asked, I bring a level of reality to the board. I do not think anyone begrudges Dan his passion, least of all me, and I've told him as much on multiple occasions. I do believe it is misguided, which I've also told him.

You do have one thing correct, Nick. This is a fan blog, you can come and go as you see fit.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
We tried to schedule home and home's with two SEC teams, and they backed out.

Spin it however you want, but at the end of the day, they didn't want to play us without a scenario that heavily favored their schools and their schools only.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score

Spin it however you want, but at the end of the day, they didn't want to play us without a scenario that heavily favored their schools and their schools only.
Putting Rutgers in the exact same boat as all but 10 or 12 other teams outside of the SEC.

Husky25

Reaction Score

Honest Question: what does that tell you?

That, regardless of conference affiliation, Rutgers as a program is still not as great of a draw as they would make themselves out to be at this point? That Rutgers got the Big Ten invite due primarily to the proximity of 11,000,000 pairs of eyeballs in a neighboring state to the east and not for superior athletic achievements? So the Big Ten has greater leverage to get their network out of the A la Carte sports tier on Cablevision and Time Warner, whose customers will probably still watch something other than college sports in the Fall?

UConn would probably be no better, given the Fiesta Bowl performance and the youth of the program. But moreso beyond that I think, the SEC considers college football to be their game. The South's game. Teams in the Northeast are mainly upstarts in College Football. The Northeast has taken over almost everything else, the SEC wants to keep the college game for themselves and aren't going to let go of it so easily.

That's one not so scientific spitballing theory anyway...

Reaction Score
I think it tells me that they didn't want to play in the Northeast against a second tier team.

Seriously, that's it. I know we're not OSU and UM, so I'm not going to paint it as them running scared. It's just them wanting to run things in their favor. We'll get the second level SEC teams like Arky, and other teams like Miami and UCLA, but yeah we're far from having Bama come to us.

But dude, wow, the hate coming from you is incredible. I didn't even say anything with bravado, just the facts. The facts being that they didn't want to play us in a home and home scenario.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
I believe it. No SEC team wants to play in the north -ever. They are afraid of the cold.

Then why is Arkansas playing at Rutgers this year? Why is LSU agreeing to play at Lambeau field? I can agree with the idea that they don't "want" to play in the cold, but not that they won't play up north (in September LOL)

Reaction Score
I reached out to uconn many times on a ath dept level. They want almost nothing to do with me. I gave them some ideas and things to chat about.
What they really did was look you up in the database and saw that you do not have season tickets to any sport and make no donations to the school. Then they checked your postings and twitter accounts and decided that your lack of basic civility and astonishing sense of self importance borders on being psychotic. They figured they could play into your ego and get you to do what they really hope for - go away.

I am convinced that you believe you are powerful and impactful when it comes to recruiting and that your twitter account, or is it a fake twitter account, really means something. I would surmise that Uconn was concerned that you were a potential walking, talking, posting and tweeting violation that they really do not need. Of course your lack of financial commitment to the school or program technically disqualifies you as a booster. Maybe they surmised that the next step you might take (because you "get" it so well) might be an embarrassment to the program. I don't think you possibly make enough money to bribe any recruit, but I can think of plenty of really embarrassing things that you might consider doing to sway a recruit because you believe "other" schools get it and do it.

Husky25

Reaction Score
I think it tells me that they didn't want to play in the Northeast against a second tier team.

Seriously, that's it. I know we're not OSU and UM, so I'm not going to paint it as them running scared. It's just them wanting to run things in their favor. We'll get the second level SEC teams like Arky, and other teams like Miami and UCLA, but yeah we're far from having Bama come to us.

But dude, wow, the hate coming from you is incredible. I didn't even say anything with bravado, just the facts. The facts being that they didn't want to play us in a home and home scenario.

Oh, I don't mean to come off like that necessarily, but I do talk to Rutgers fans (in person, not just on this board) who come across as the proverbial born on 3rd base, but thought they hit a triple from a Conference realignment standpoint. I think athletically, UConn has much more to offer, and are not that far behind academically. UConn is not in the ACC not wholly from their own doing, considering BC's antics. Rutgers certainly has the demographics and, at the end of the day, they get the nod. It is what it is...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
What they really did was look you up in the database and saw that you do not have season tickets to any sport and make no donations to the school. Then they checked your postings and twitter accounts and decided that your lack of basic civility and astonishing sense of self importance borders on being psychotic. They figured they could play into your ego and get you to do what they really hope for - go away.

I am convinced that you believe you are powerful and impactful when it comes to recruiting and that your twitter account, or is it a fake twitter account, really means something. I would surmise that Uconn was concerned that you were a potential walking, talking, posting and tweeting violation that they really do not need. Of course your lack of financial commitment to the school or program technically disqualifies you as a booster. Maybe they surmised that the next step you might take (because you "get" it so well) might be an embarrassment to the program. I don't think you possibly make enough money to bribe any recruit, but I can think of plenty of really embarrassing things that you might consider doing to sway a recruit because you believe "other" schools get it and do it.

you about 99.9% wrong. not even sure where to start. look my name up? they would find my name 6 times in their system. and they prob did. my family buys tickets just like u guys do to fball and bball games. your barking up the wrong tree. the twitter was born after for a while i watched other schools run circles and when RE left i had a nice talk with a buddy of mine who thought it was also time uconn stepped its game up on the recruit trail after watching what other schools did. then it evolved and the coaches got clearance from the ad to also get in on the social networking. things took off. im leaving a lot out on here in this story. lets just say perception was different in kids minds when they saw 247 uconn tweets by multiple fans and students and also lets say that my seats the past couple years while i was never able to attend more than half a season with school were always filled.

i tried hard to wake this board and fanbase up. you guys have no clue the things that really go on. now your all acting like good old private school boys sitting in your seats and not doing something. dont come after me for giving a dam.

Reaction Score
Well the sad thing is that despite your athletic success the sport driving the bus so to speak has very little excitement surrounding it. If the Fiesta was parlayed into creating buzz as was our 2006 season, who knows what we're talking about now.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Well the sad thing is that despite your athletic success the sport driving the bus so to speak has very little excitement surrounding it. If the Fiesta was parlayed into creating buzz as was our 2006 season, who knows what we're talking about now.

It didn't help that UConn's head coach jumped ship mere hours later, like the Mayflower trucks leaving Memorial Stadium in Baltimore.

Reaction Score
Nice tie in with Baltimore to Indianapolis move!

It is absolutely true though, that UCONN dropped the ball incredibly hard on the Fiesta Bowl appearance. The biggest story in the lazy local media, who IMNSHO, get most of their material right here from this website, was the ticket sales. And it was only a debacle, because the athletic department was apparently caught completely by surprise that they would have 17,000 tickets to sell at full price, the moment that final whistle blew in Tampa. We put plenty of people in that stadium in Arizona.

Couple the fact that we had an Athletic Director, and athletic department that was completely rutted in a bad way, when it came to understanding and acting on anything football related, and a head coach, that in hindsight, was clearly out the door, well before the game ever started, it's no wonder that instead of turning our BCS appearance into a huge springboard, it essentially turned into a swim up sh&ts creek without a paddle. I contacted people in our athletic department, about organizing some kind of group effort at sales and travel and basically hit a wall. They had no idea what I was talking about, and thought I was nuts.

We got another shot at a BCS game this year though.

I want to be there for the last appearance more than anything. Oh holy cripes do I want to go back to the BCS again, this time, the last time it will ever exist, with an athletic department that knows WTF they are doing when it comes to football, and a team that can actually win.

We need that AAC title this year in football. NEED it.

Reaction Score
i tried hard to wake this board and fanbase up. you guys have no clue the things that really go on. now your all acting like good old private school boys sitting in your seats and not doing something. dont come after me for giving a dam.
You assume everyone else does not give a damn. Bad assumption. People by and large on this board do give a damn, want to win and win big and know how to communicate with the powers that be to show they care and how to be effective about it. Just because people choose not to act like a 2 year old does not mean they do not care.

You assume that only you know what is going on and that most of us have no clue. Bad assumption. Maybe it is that I am older that I understand there are many different ways to achieve change but I do not think that my age has anything to do with knowing that having a tantrum and repeating the same things over an over again and telling the world how right I am and how stupid they are is not an effective way to achieve anything. Ever.

You assume that anyone over age 30(?) is clueless about what the recruits want. Bad assumption. Some of us have kids that have been recruited to play ball at many different levels in college. Winning is #1 for the best kids. Fans tweeting to them is way outside of the top 10. If it is one of their top reasons to choose a school, I am not sure that recruit is the type of player that will succeed.

You have become a parody. You believe that somehow you have influenced the recruiting trend for Uconn. You know, I can influence the entire stock market. When I bought 10 shares of Apple the market rose and the day after I sold them, it went down.

You have stated you are not going to any games or buying season tickets this year because you know that is the way to show the school how clueless they are. Good plan, because we all know just how much recruits love to see empty seats at games. And some of your actions that you brag about on this board are borderline violations.

I am grounded in reality. The reality is that PP is Uconn's coach this year. In my perfect world, he would have been let go right after Manuel took over. But he wasn't. Hopefully, the new OC will make a difference but I do not see it being so, so maybe at the end of the season a new coach becomes a reality. The conference situation sucks but it is not a direct result of any action/inaction by Uconn. They worked hard for an invite to other conferences. They continue to work hard. Real hard. But because they do not talk to you about it personally, they are failing.

Yeah, only you "get" it.

Reaction Score
You assume everyone else does not give a damn. Bad assumption. People by and large on this board do give a damn, want to win and win big and know how to communicate with the powers that be to show they care and how to be effective about it. Just because people choose not to act like a 2 year old does not mean they do not care.

You assume that only you know what is going on and that most of us have no clue. Bad assumption. Maybe it is that I am older that I understand there are many different ways to achieve change but I do not think that my age has anything to do with knowing that having a tantrum and repeating the same things over an over again and telling the world how right I am and how stupid they are is not an effective way to achieve anything. Ever.

You assume that anyone over age 30(?) is clueless about what the recruits want. Bad assumption. Some of us have kids that have been recruited to play ball at many different levels in college. Winning is #1 for the best kids. Fans tweeting to them is way outside of the top 10. If it is one of their top reasons to choose a school, I am not sure that recruit is the type of player that will succeed.

You have become a parody. You believe that somehow you have influenced the recruiting trend for Uconn. You know, I can influence the entire stock market. When I bought 10 shares of Apple the market rose and the day after I sold them, it went down.

You have stated you are not going to any games or buying season tickets this year because you know that is the way to show the school how clueless they are. Good plan, because we all know just how much recruits love to see empty seats at games. And some of your actions that you brag about on this board are borderline violations.

I am grounded in reality. The reality is that PP is Uconn's coach this year. In my perfect world, he would have been let go right after Manuel took over. But he wasn't. Hopefully, the new OC will make a difference but I do not see it being so, so maybe at the end of the season a new coach becomes a reality. The conference situation sucks but it is not a direct result of any action/inaction by Uconn. They worked hard for an invite to other conferences. They continue to work hard. Real hard. But because they do not talk to you about it personally, they are failing.

Yeah, only you "get" it.

Fair post.

Reaction Score
What do you do at night to be posting on an opposing team's message board at such hours? Is the weight of the world preventing you from getting restful sleep? Lighten up. Life's too short...

Not that i feel an overwhelming need to justify my fandom, but since you asked, I bring a level of reality to the board. I do not think anyone begrudges Dan his passion, least of all me, and I've told him as much on multiple occasions. I do believe it is misguided, which I've also told him.

You do have one thing correct, Nick. This is a fan blog, you can come and go as you see fit.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Opposing team?I only come here out of concern for a school I feel got a crummy deal in CR!!If 1000 more like me done some small thing or were as concerned as me maybe we could remedy this miscarriage of CR!While I worry about your team you SLEEP!..... as to your last sentence as you can see in YOUR CONCERN for my restless well being, I do!! Thank's for your contribution's to your board...I really enjoy them!

Reaction Score
Opposing team?I only come here out of concern for a school I feel got a crummy deal in CR!!If 1000 more like me done some small thing or were as concerned as me maybe we could remedy this miscarriage of CR!W
You and HFD need a showdown to see who has the most power. He can cause recruiting to dry up and you can change conference presidents' minds if only you had 999 like minded people.

The powerful people that post here never ceases to amaze me.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Opposing team?I only come here out of concern for a school I feel got a crummy deal in CR!!If 1000 more like me done some small thing or were as concerned as me maybe we could remedy this miscarriage of CR!While I worry about your team you SLEEP!The only REAL thing about you is NEGATIVITY!!..... as to your last sentence as you can see in YOUR CONCERN for my restless well being, I do!! Thank's for your contribution's to your board...I really enjoy them!

Did you happen to father an illegitimate child in Connecticut? And his name Dan?

On a serious note, this guy is what happens when you buy your aging dad an iPad. He gets on the internets and just goes batty.

Reaction Score
Did you happen to father an illegitimate child in Connecticut? And his name Dan?

On a serious note, this guy is what happens when you buy your aging dad an iPad. He gets on the internets and just goes batty.

Levity trump's sarcasm in my book Fishy!!LOL!!Good call..I was a teletype operator in the Corps in the late 60's and early 70's but never bothered with the internet till about 16 month's ago in my retirement!!

Husky25

Reaction Score
Opposing team?I only come here out of concern for a school I feel got a crummy deal in CR!!If 1000 more like me done some small thing or were as concerned as me maybe we could remedy this miscarriage of CR!While I worry about your team you SLEEP!..... as to your last sentence as you can see in YOUR CONCERN for my restless well being, I do!! Thank's for your contribution's to your board...I really enjoy them!

I sleep because I have a job to be at in the morning and a 10 month old that is liable to wake up crying for a bottle at any given moment. As I have gotten older, some things do indeed take precedent over UConn football...Not many...but they do exist...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom