Rutgers at LSU 11/24 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Rutgers at LSU 11/24

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Mitchell is such a workhorse. Say what you will about LSU's lack of offense but I'll put her effort and workrate up against anyone's.
They better League her

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
So without looking up anything it just hit me why I recognize the name Maori Davenport. She's the victim of the ridiculous Alabama ruling, correct?

Reaction Score
Mitchell is such a workhorse. Say what you will about LSU's lack of offense but I'll put her effort and workrate up against anyone's.
I hate that her career has been on such unproductive teams. I’m surprised she didn’t grad transfer to a contender.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Mitchell has banked in 3 of her free throws. Is she doing that on purpose?

Reaction Score
Mitchell has banked in 3 of her free throws. Is she doing that on purpose?

No

she is an awful free throw shooter in general. I'm just happy she makes 1-2

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
I hate that her career has been on such unproductive teams. I’m surprised she didn’t grad transfer to a contender.
I agree, but was just thinking she's a hard fit on top teams. For example, at MSU who does she supplant for minutes. Not Carter, a true post, or Bibby, better all around, or Jackson, a developing stud. Just not enough minutes vs LSU.

Plebe

Reaction Score
LSU is a horrible free throw shooting team. Maybe Vivian told her team to get in the bonus right away because they're barely making 50%.

Reaction Score
I agree, but was just thinking she's a hard fit on top teams. For example, at MSU who does she supplant for minutes. Not Carter, a true post, or Bibby, better all around, or Jackson, a developing stud. Just not enough minutes vs LSU.
I think she would be starting at the four next to J Carter with C Bibby at the three. MSU needs another solid rebounder and energy player.

Reaction Score
LSU is a horrible free throw shooting team. Maybe Vivian told her team to get in the bonus right away because they're barely making 50%.

Brilliant

Except that half their starters had to ride the bench most the game.

The turnovers for Rutgers is the big issue and not having any answers in the post.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Finally we're getting some calls.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
I think she would be starting at the four next to J Carter with C Bibby at the three. MSU needs another solid rebounder and energy player.

Maybe, it's reasonable.

I just think Vic wants minutes for Rickea now, knowing she is a future AA.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Finally we're getting some calls.
Please don't act like it's the refs' fault. Rutgers has been playing rugby this game.

Plebe

Reaction Score
LSU is completely falling apart now. Mitchell went to the bench with 4 fouls and they lost all semblance of rhythm. Aifuwa started floating out at the perimeter where she has no business being.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I agree with Sunderland. Why didn't Rutgers just start fouling down 5. LSU has only made about a third of its FTs in the 2nd half.

Reaction Score
Coach V did an awful job coaching down the stretch

LSU is missing literally most of their free throws but then allow us to run out the clock instead of fouling

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Sigh. It's going to be a long year.

Reaction Score
Rutgers takes like ten minutes to get an offense going
Why did Rutgers waste all that time at the end instead of immediately fouling LSU? With the way they are missing free throws it should be obvious.

Reaction Score
Ill take the win. We desperately needed this. We are going to have to start hitting outside shots. Playing teams with solid post play can be a big problem down the road.

Also free throws. Not making them will come back to bite later on. Left too many points on the board. I honestly don't expect it to change, we have had this issue every year and it remains about. the same.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Well, it wasn't exactly an aesthetic feast, but I could appreciate the effort and drama. Rutgers isn't a bad team, they just dug themselves a hole with the foul trouble and could never really recover. They pulled to within 1 point in the 4th quarter but couldn't get over the hump.

Pointer, Mitchell and Aifuwa really carry LSU but Mercedes Brooks got some clutch buckets to keep the lead.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Not having Mack in the first half was the difference. Also fouls and turnovers.

Morris can't play soon enough.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Not having Mack in the first half was the difference. Also fouls and turnovers.

Morris can't play soon enough.
Are Morris and Sanders gonna share the court together? Who will be PG?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom