Rudy Ext - UConn top NBA scorers | The Boneyard

Rudy Ext - UConn top NBA scorers

Reaction Score
Rudy just inked a 2yr deal with Utah. That'll be 16 & 17yrs in NBA trailing only Ray and Uncle Cliffy & similarly Rudy is 3rd on all-time UConn scorers in NBA (don't think he'll catch Cliff who'd remain as #2 most successful NBA career post-UConn).
Scoring totals #1 - 6 are pretty predictable but gets surprising after that (Marshall examples: Ben Gordon more NBA points than Donyell, way further down Thabeet more points than Donny!?).

Kudos to Rudy for a very long NBA career at a consistently high level.

Reaction Score
Rudy just inked a 2yr deal with Utah. That'll be 16 & 17yrs in NBA trailing only Ray and Uncle Cliffy & similarly Rudy is 3rd on all-time UConn scorers in NBA (don't think he'll catch Cliff who'd remain as #2 most successful NBA career post-UConn).
Scoring totals #1 - 6 are pretty predictable but gets surprising after that (Marshall examples: Ben Gordon more NBA points than Donyell, way further down Thabeet more points than Donny!?).

Scoring wise, where does he rank with Rutgers alumni

Reaction Score
Scoring wise, where does he rank with Rutgers alumni
Can’t wait for the Rutgers social media team to congratulate Rudy Gay on the extension. Rudy must be high on the list of the best Rutgers coached players

Reaction Score

Who are the top 10 from UConn in career points scored in the NBA? I'm guessing RIP is 4th after Ray, Cliff, and Rudy.

Reaction Score
Do we even get to claim Rudy as part of the UCONN fam?
I thought that claim had already been made by the good folks at Rutgers.

Reaction Score
Who are the top 10 from UConn in career points scored in the NBA? I'm guessing RIP is 4th after Ray, Cliff, and Rudy.
Here’s the top 20:
5B0568BC-DDEC-485C-8B68-2BA976E05C7C.jpeg

Reaction Score
Enjoyed that top 20 list. Any chance of going further?
curious about Alexsihas, corny, Chris Smith, Donny Marshall, thabeet, Marcus Williams, Tate, etc.
are ABA stats included now with NBA stats?
Bialosuknia and jimmy Foster would be there

Reaction Score
i’ve always loved rudy, but the jazz didn’t get the memo that he’s a playoff curse?

Reaction Score
Quite surprised by Rudy's NBA longevity. I never would've predicted that. FYI, I worked with his Aunt. 6 degrees of separation.

Reaction Score
Unrelated, but I was looking at teams salary cap spaces, and for this past season 27/30 teams were over the cap. How is that possible? Do drafted players not count against the salary cap so teams are just able to blow over it?

Reaction Score
Unrelated, but I was looking at teams salary cap spaces, and for this past season 27/30 teams were over the cap. How is that possible? Do drafted players not count against the salary cap so teams are just able to blow over it?
Yes, one way teams are able to go over the cap is by signing a player through Bird Rights. Teams generally have a player's Bird Rights if they drafted that player, but there are other ways too.

Teams can also go over the cap through minimum contracts and a couple other salary cap exceptions (the "mid-level exception," for example, which every team is able to use once per season).

Reaction Score
Yes, one way teams are able to go over the cap is by signing a player through Bird Rights. Teams generally have a player's Bird Rights if they drafted that player, but there are other ways too.

Teams can also go over the cap through minimum contracts and a couple other salary cap exceptions (the "mid-level exception," for example, which every team is able to use once per season).
Yep and obviously there are penalties rather than strict 'hard cap' rules. It is something convoluted and easy to avoid like if >20% over for multiple years then you pay a big tax (50% of overage I think).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom