Roumoglou | The Boneyard

Roumoglou

Reaction Score
Yeah, I know it was during garbage minutes in a blowout, but I'm still excited over what he did out there. Career high of 5 pts along with a block, rebound, assist, steal, and almost a 2nd steal. He's one of the most active guys we have defensively. He's a bit slow on the switches sometimes, but nearly always finds a way to recover.

He's also a guy who has the size and handle to play several positions. I'm not getting carried away here and saying the guy has star potential, but I do think he's shown enough in limited playing time to earn a few more minutes.

Reaction Score
A guy of that ability is what our 9th/10th option? That's a star on the recruiting job of our coaches.
And despite it being garbage time, he showed composure as if he plays normal minutes to keep the ball in play and throw that down, and the three was nice too

Reaction Score
posted this in the other thread, but i would absolutely love to see him come back next year and have a samson johnson-like breakout season.

has a really unique offensive game for cbb and he is clearly putting in effort on defense. plus, his teammates (and his coach's wife, haha) seem to love him.

Reaction Score
A guy of that ability is what our 9th/10th option? That's a star on the recruiting job of our coaches.
And despite it being garbage time, he showed composure as if he plays normal minutes to keep the ball in play and throw that down, and the three was nice too
He’d be a rotation player in most of the other BE teams
Kid can play

Reaction Score
I like what I saw, but Hurley can only only go so deep in the more competitive games.

He's listed as a guard even though he's 6-8. I like how he looked good on D as well as on the offense end.

I hope he sticks around next season and puts on a little more weight. The portal and programs promising playing time and money will be a temptation. Not saying a program will throw a lot of money at him. He's shown some offensive promise, but proving he can defend is what will earn him minutes. I'm sure it's no easy task showing he can defend in practice since it's arguably tougher to defend our rotation players than most teams they face.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
posted this in the other thread, but i would absolutely love to see him come back next year and have a samson johnson-like breakout season.

has a really unique offensive game for cbb and he is clearly putting in effort on defense. plus, his teammates (and his coach's wife, haha) seem to love him.
He needs a physical transformation to break into Hurley's lineup. You would think it would be easy enough given the stakes, but being that tall, thin framed and with that metabolism , its a tall order.

Hope he can do it though. He would thrive if he can match the physical intensity required on D.

Reaction Score
The steal on the sideline was really special. Just fundamentally perfect even while he was being held after making the first contact with the ball.
Totally- in real-time it sure seemed like he got held and the reply definitely agrees - glad it wasn't called because it let a highlight dunk occur!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I had a perfect view of that play real time. He was on it. I was stung by how good it was from the last guy off the bench.

Reaction Score
He needs a physical transformation to break into Hurley's lineup. You would think it would be easy enough given the stakes, but being that tall, thin framed and with that metabolism , its a tall order.

Hope he can do it though. He would thrive if he can match the physical intensity required on D.
i actually thought he looked decent today! he has some thickness in his legs and lower body. plus, he was guarding their best player at the end of the game and doing so relatively effectively.

we'll see though, of course. obviously he's at the end of the bench right now for a reason.

Reaction Score
i actually thought he looked decent today! he has some thickness in his legs and lower body. plus, he was guarding their best player at the end of the game and doing so relatively effectively.

we'll see though, of course. obviously he's at the end of the bench right now for a reason.
I thought he’d be a breakthrough guy this year. Didn’t see Cam coming in or Hass playing so well. He’s probably slower than Solo, but he’s 6’8”! Playing SG! Good stroke from 3.

Reaction Score
He was a total chucker last year. This year he looks legit when out there and unselfish. Great to see from
The 9th guy off bench.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I’m gonna be that guy.

In 10 games this season, he’s averaging .3 ppg, on 20% FG, and 25% from 3.

He’s not a rotation player for a team with championship aspirations, and that’s ok. I respect him coming back to compete for a rotation spot, and I’m sure he’s a good teammate.

This also isn’t a Samson Johnson situation. There’s no injury or depth problems keeping him off the floor. I’m sure Hurley would’ve tried him when Solo and Stewart were struggling, if there was any chance he’d be an upgrade.

Reaction Score
11th option: Samson, Hassan, Solo, Stewart, Ross, then Roumoglou. Maybe even 12th if you think about Singare.

Reaction Score
I’m gonna be that guy.

He’s not a rotation player for a team with championship aspirations, and that’s ok. I respect him coming back to compete for a rotation spot, and I’m sure he’s a good teammate.

This also isn’t a Samson Johnson situation. There’s no injury or depth problems keeping him off the floor. I’m sure Hurley would’ve tried him when Solo and Stewart were struggling, if there was any chance he’d be an upgrade.
I don’t know how much we can look into garbage time stats. He’s in when UConn is running down the clock and then throwing up whatever look they have with a few seconds left. I’m not necessarily disagreeing with you, though my guess is it’s defense more than offense keeping him from getting any PT, but those stats are somewhat meaningless.

Reaction Score
I don’t know how much we can look into garbage time stats. He’s in when UConn is running down the clock and then throwing up whatever look they have with a few seconds left. I’m not necessarily disagreeing with you, though my guess is it’s defense more than offense keeping him from getting any PT, but those stats are somewhat meaningless.
He made a nice defensive play to steal ball on perimeter and dunk. I think it’s just so many talented players in front of him that keeps him out. The 8th and 9th guys Ball and Stewart look pretty good. Ross looks pretty good too. Next year we will need all these guys, so hope the6 are patient and stay.

Reaction Score
I’m gonna be that guy.

After this game, he's 40% from 3 and 43% FG overall. When half the time you're playing is a hold-the-ball-until-the-game-ends scenario, stats are hard to come by.

Reaction Score
I think for Roumoglou to play next year, He'll have to be able to play like Karaban--stretch the zones on offense while being able to guard the physical 4s on defense. He's too much of a tweener for elite B.E. play. Not a knock, as he could probably perform well in the A10 given the opportunity.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom