OT: - Romero v Davis--who you got? | The Boneyard

OT: Romero v Davis--who you got?

Reaction Score
My bold claim: Davis's streak of KOs will be broken tonight. He wins by UD.

Feels like Romero shoukd have waited a few years for this one. He's really only had one big-time fight and is now talking a big game about Tank.

I can't imagine Davis loses. I would love to see him lose though. Kid rubs me the wrong way.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
Actually I do think there is some danger here for Tank. We don’t really know how good his chin is and he hasn’t always looked great against young fresh guys like Cruz and Barrios. The betting odds tightened significantly today

All that said I still strongly favor Tank, he’s a far, far better boxer. A KO seems likely but to your point I could see a UD and you can get Tank by decision at +470

BoukofJames

Reaction Score
By the way, Tank doesn’t have a knockout streak going. Isaac Cruz took him 12 rounds in a highly competitive fight

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Tank wins… someday he’ll fight a real fighter (not accidentally like he did Cruz)

Reaction Score
By the way, Tank doesn’t have a knockout streak going. Isaac Cruz took him 12 rounds in a highly competitive fight

Good call. Forgot about that fight because I was away and couldn't watch it.

Reaction Score
Tank wins… someday he’ll fight a real fighter (not accidentally like he did Cruz)

He even admitted to dodging guys in an interview yesterday or today. His 26-0 feels super soft to me. I think Kambosos would put on a clinic vs Tank

Reaction Score
I got Tank. But should be interesting. Romero has a chance if he can withstand the heat throughout. Tank brings the power all rounds.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Did not get to watch the fight due to location time differences, but saw highlights. I was not impressed by Romero in the slightest going in to the fight, his style is awkward and his punches are always wide which leaves so many openings for counters which is exactly what Tank is good at. Tank on the other hand really needs to get in there with a real fighter. 26-0 with a handful of fights against real guys. The time for him has to be now. He has the skills but needs to be tested for real or he will just be written off.

Reaction Score
I didn't see it either.i couldn't stay up as i had an early am appt..everyone with knowledge was calling for a ko by davis.the results were as expected.i would rather have the fights telecast from Europe so I can watch sat afternoon while having dinner lol.surprised at the cost for those who go that route

Reaction Score
Watched it and Romero was doing well by jabbing constantly. But he was leaning too much on them and got caught BAD. Romero will be good but I hadn’t watched the pressers leading into last night and he really is a clown. After the fight he was talking about a rematch too. He was saying he only got caught with one bad punch. No , Tank said he isn’t awkward, he’s just a stupid fighter and I kinda see what he meant .

Reaction Score
He even admitted to dodging guys in an interview yesterday or today. His 26-0 feels super soft to me. I think Kambosos would put on a clinic vs Tank
Kambosos needs to worry about Haney, because he is lightning fast and can box. Haney is the kind of fighter that can give Tank problems because he won’t engage too much, he will jab you to death. Kambosos is a tough guy who likes to engage and that’s where Tank wins because he’s not all that skilled yet. He is getting better though. Kind of like how Bivol beat Camelot, your gonna have to survive some pressure moments but just box them and keep them away with the jab and counter. Haney is a master at this.

Reaction Score
Kambosos needs to worry about Haney, because he is lightning fast and can box. Haney is the kind of fighter that can give Tank problems because he won’t engage too much, he will jab you to death. Kambosos is a tough guy who likes to engage and that’s where Tank wins because he’s not all that skilled yet. He is getting better though. Kind of like how Bivol beat Camelot, your gonna have to survive some pressure moments but just box them and keep them away with the jab and counter. Haney is a master at this.

I agree. IMO Haney is the best in the division. I think he beats Kambosos. Tank probably won't fight him but I think he'd outbox him and get the UD. Moat technically sound of the undefeated lightweights.

Reaction Score
No one in this general weight class will be able to deal with Shakur Stevenson. That kid is going to be special.

BoukofJames

Reaction Score
Firing up the main event now. I fell asleep as they were making their ring walks and woke up in a daze to Leonard Ellerbe ranting at the post fight presser. Thank god I found a stream - it’s so lame that Showtime doesn’t make a replay available to those who purchased the fight

Reaction Score
Yeah he's just starting to grow. Frame wise, he was much bigger than Valdez. He could fight 135 right now.

Reaction Score
No one in this general weight class will be able to deal with Shakur Stevenson. That kid is going to be special.
Interviewed him last night after the fight and they asked him what he would do to beat Tank and he said he didn’t want to say because he believes they are gonna fight down the road. He did say he can beat Tank though. As far as who is the best in that division, it’s hard to say. They have so many good fighters and I think it’s like the big east and they will beat each other. There’s six of them, Kambosos, Garcia, Tank, Lopez and Haney And Loma. My favorite is Tank but forced to pick with my life on the line, I would pick Loma. I know Lopez beat him but I think Loma wins in a rematch. It’s a very interesting division. Tank can beat anyone but he relies to much on his power. It’s just so hard to say. Then there’s Stevenson who’s coming. I can’t wait to see this all play out.

Reaction Score
Loma only lost because he fought with a detached shoulder tendon and decided to fight through it then having surgery after the loss.maybe Loma is training as he is located outside the war zone in the west of ukraine

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom