OT: - Roger Bannister, first to run sub 4-minute mile, dies at 88 | The Boneyard

OT: Roger Bannister, first to run sub 4-minute mile, dies at 88

Reaction Score
This is a really awesome story about one of the most famous, if not the most famous runner ever.

It is a good read and has inspired me to go for a run today, as I have slowed down in my training as of late. I am an avid distance runner, so these types of stories always warm my heart! Even if you do not run, it is a very good read and super interesting.

May he rest in peace.

Roger Bannister, first to run sub 4-minute mile, dies at 88

Thoughts on the story?

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting this. When I was a kid I loved to read biographies and would take one out a week from Norwalk Library. Loved the Roger Bannister story and remember going for a run around the block at some point after reading it. Lucky for me that first run didn't end there and I too have been an avid runner. At 67 though runs became jogs became slogs (slow jogs) became wogs (walk jogs) which is what I do now to hopefully hold back from double knee replacement.

Reaction Score
Dr Bannister was a true scholar athlete. He was a great physician and publish over 30 papers in the field of neurological disease

Reaction Score
I remember watching one of those old espn films - pre 30 for 30 on him. I think it was called Four or something like that. Very interesting guy. Both an athlete and a surgeon.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom