Rocket Man plans to send critically-panned thrash band into space | The Boneyard

Rocket Man plans to send critically-panned thrash band into space

Reaction Score
I take great offense to the title of your thread.

Anthrax was one of the greatest thrash/speed metal bands of the 80's/90's. A number of amazing albums. "Among the Living" shows up and just about every music critics list of top 10 thrash/speed metal albums of all time.

They went downhill after their lead singer left the band in 1993.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I take great offense to the title of your thread.

Anthrax was one of the greatest thrash/speed metal bands of the 80's/90's. A number of amazing albums. "Among the Living" shows up and just about every music critics list of top 10 thrash/speed metal albums of all time.

They went downhill after their lead singer left the band in 1993.

"Amazing" just doesn't mean what it used to.

Reaction Score
Anthrax and Public Enemy played Gampel Pavilion in I think 1991 - they played a show on like a Tuesday morning or something if memory serves - (I was there). The show was essentially the dress rehearsal for the tour, and they played I think on Letterman later that day in NYC.

Joey Belladonna walked out on stage and said something to the effect (there was a big crowd): "Holy [redacted]! I thought nobody would be here, when I was in college I would have been in my dorm room doing bong hits."

Ha! Funny Stuff.

I saw them at Gampel with Primus as the opener. I think it was 1990. Great show.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom