RIP Yags | Page 2 | The Boneyard

RIP Yags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I work in law enforcement for past 10 years for the state. The transition from heroin to fentanyl was rapid. Where I’m located now in New London, we have seen the transition to seeing marijuana and cocaine being laced with fentanyl.

Tranc is emerging down here now which is highly concerning. No way to detox from that.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Fortunately my drug days are behind me but this is far and away the scariest part - if you are not absolutely sure of the provenance of something you are ingesting these days you're taking your life in your hands.

So , and this started in my environment , as a Molly test site, Im on the board, and it has the the best of everything now (not drugs, testing!), and I post this all the time on other sites, but now it's time to post it here, for everyone, it's non profit, or free in so many cases or minimal charge, but every drug you buy you can test now. This is the forefront of it. Has been , will be. I don't do powders any longer, I gave up when my little brother died in '97, and weed makes me tweak out, I just like a good scotch these days but there ARE tests that are cheap OR free for this stuff, and in the spirit of Yags ( who I met a couple times) I will say, if you're gonna? BE SAFE!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Fortunately my drug days are behind me but this is far and away the scariest part - if you are not absolutely sure of the provenance of something you are ingesting these days you're taking your life in your hands.
A slippery slope once you start.. Usually a one-way street.. You are absolutely right about provenance if you're indulging.. Abusing pills ..No winners.

Reaction Score
Where I’m located now in New London, we have seen the transition to seeing marijuana and cocaine being laced with fentanyl.

I can't imagine buying weed on the street these days because of the risk of fent. So glad we legalized it here to minimize that risk.

August_West

Reaction Score
I can't imagine buying weed on the street these days because of the risk of fent. So glad we legalized it here to minimize that risk.
Why would you? Its LEGAL!!!!!! go to the store! no one has to worry about weed in CT.

Reaction Score
Why would you? Its LEGAL!!!!!! go to the store! no one has to worry about

Significantly more expensive for a lot of the people I deal with on a daily basis. That and closest location in 20 mins or more. Easier to get it from neighborhood dealer at a fraction of the cost

Reaction Score
Why would you? Its LEGAL!!!!!! go to the store! no one has to worry about weed in CT.

We're lucky. Lots of folks still buying from dealers to save money though. I worry about my friends down south. Luckily, my friends seem to buy from friends/relatives that home grow.

Reaction Score
Will limit my comments to the following.. Weed has been getting laced for years.. Pre-legalization days.. West Coast coming East

Reaction Score
This is why I'm so pro-legal weed. I tried it again (hadn't in 20+ years) when it was legalized, but didn't really like it. There are still risks with any drug (or food, or cleaning product, or crap in our water....), but at least you know the weed isn't laced. Kids are vaping and eating gummies in my kids high school. Maybe a few more are doing it than would've if the weed was illegal. There are studies that say some of them may be doing damage to their brains. But they're alive. Is weed a gateway drug? Maybe, but let's at least keep it relatively clean up to that gate. I guess the legal stuff is a bit more expensive, but that seems like money well spent.

Reaction Score
I'm not a weed smoker, never smoked it in my life but it sure seemed like a good idea to legalize. I do wonder how it's regulated especially in terms of driving. It's not like alcohol but it certainly impairs you. What's really strange to me is how we've gone full circle on weed but we're now sending people to the black market for vapes when it's the greatest way to quit cigarettes that we've ever had. I quit 4 years ago because of vapes, got my brother to quit through vapes, and at least half a dozen other friends. They've since banned flavored vape juice (flavors are the only thing people vape) in my city and the entire county.

It's weird we've done the intelligent thing on weed and the dumber than dirt thing on vaping.

August_West

Reaction Score
This is why I'm so pro-legal weed. I tried it again (hadn't in 20+ years) when it was legalized, but didn't really like it. There are still risks with any drug (or food, or cleaning product, or crap in our water....), but at least you know the weed isn't laced. Kids are vaping and eating gummies in my kids high school. Maybe a few more are doing it than would've if the weed was illegal. There are studies that say some of them may be doing damage to their brains. But they're alive. Is weed a gateway drug? Maybe, but let's at least keep it relatively clean up to that gate. I guess the legal stuff is a bit more expensive, but that seems like money well spent.

I mean I get why people dont want government control on personal choice, but hell, we aint all dying of trichinosis now either are we? FDA is a good thing for that.

Reaction Score
So , and this started in my environment , as a Molly test site, Im on the board, and it has the the best of everything now (not drugs, testing!), and I post this all the time on other sites, but now it's time to post it here, for everyone, it's non profit, or free in so many cases or minimal charge, but every drug you buy you can test now. This is the forefront of it. Has been , will be. I don't do powders any longer, I gave up when my little brother died in '97, and weed makes me tweak out, I just like a good scotch these days but there ARE tests that are cheap OR free for this stuff, and in the spirit of Yags ( who I met a couple times) I will say, if you're gonna? BE SAFE!

Sorry about your brother, what an awful thing for you and your family.

August_West

Reaction Score
Sorry about your brother, what an awful thing for you and your family.

Thank you. It still hurts,but not unique, unfortunately we've all lost people close to us too early because of this stuff, Im sure too many boneyarders have experienced loss, extended family and friends included. Lets try to minimize that !

Reaction Score
Significantly more expensive for a lot of the people I deal with on a daily basis. That and closest location in 20 mins or more. Easier to get it from neighborhood dealer at a fraction of the cost
Easthampton, MA was selling ounces for $130 last week. Cheapest I’ve seen anywhere, legal or not.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
I was watching Vice last night and there is a new super meth called p2p. Super scary.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Test strips are illegal in some states, and the kits they sell at pharmacies in CT don't test for Fent--or at least they didn't last year when I checked. I think 211 provided them for free.

Everyone should carry Narcan of some kind in their car or purse. I saved a stranger's life 2 years ago because I had it. Takes absolutely 0 medical knowledge fo use and nothing goes wrong if you use it when they have some other issue and didn't need the dose.
You carry Narcan in your car? Why? I mean, I guess an answer is "to save lives" but are you carrying other medical supplies and counter agents as well? I'm not mocking you, or questioning you, I just want to understand the mindset.

August_West

Reaction Score
You carry Narcan in your car? Why? I mean, I guess an answer is "to save lives" but are you carrying other medical supplies and counter agents as well? I'm not mocking you, or questioning you, I just want to understand the mindset.

I do. But I play gigs, and run across crap all the time, but its free, everyone should. You could be at a restaurant or having drinks with friends, and someone falls out, even if you're wrong for the reason, narcan wont hurt them as a solution, at worst its nothing (ZERO HARM! I could spray Narcan up your nose right now and it would do less to you than a saline nasal spray but at best you just saved a life if it was an OD) , Its free why wouldn't you have it?

CL82

Reaction Score

Wow August I'm really sorry to hear about your brother.

August, do you know what's the purpose behind leasing stuff with fentanyl? Is it just a create a product that gives a different or stronger high? Is it to create a product that is more addictive? Is it just being used to stretch other drugs? I don't see the logic behind it, but there must be some because it is endemic.

CL82

Reaction Score
I do. But I play gigs, and run across crap all the time, but its free, everyone should. You could be at a restaurant or having drinks with friends, and someone falls out, even if you're wrong for the reason, narcan wont hurt them as a solution, at worst its nothing (ZERO HARM! I could spray Narcan up your nose right now and it would do less to you than a saline nasal spray but at best you just saved a life if it was an OD) , Its free why wouldn't you have it?
Because it never occurred to me to do it. I do carry a first aid kit and a CPR mask and am CPR trained.

I know how Narcan works, or at least I think I do. Essentially it just blocks receptor points for barbiturates. I'd want to look into whether there's any possibility of side effects, but everything you are saying makes sense. I will think about it.

Where do you get it? How long does it last? Is it vulnerable it all to the temperature variations you find in cars?

Reaction Score
I know how Narcan works, or at least I think I do. Essentially it just blocks receptor points for barbiturates.
Opioids not barbs… you need an benzodiazepine antagonist for barbiturates.

CL82

Reaction Score
Opioids not barbs… you need an benzodiazepine antagonist for barbiturates.
Yeah, I actually think I knew that once upon a time. To be honest, though, I really don't know the difference. This stuff is so far out of my experience and training I don't feel confident engaging in it maybe other than checking the airway, checking the pulse and putting someone in the recovery position.

Reaction Score
My town has Narcan stations outside buildings where young people would frequent like the town library.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I actually think I knew that once upon a time. To be honest, though, I really don't know the difference. This stuff is so far out of my experience and training I don't feel confident engaging in it maybe other than checking the airway, checking the pulse and putting someone in the recovery position.
Willingness to help is the biggest first step.

Reaction Score
I'm not a weed smoker, never smoked it in my life but it sure seemed like a good idea to legalize. I do wonder how it's regulated especially in terms of driving. It's not like alcohol but it certainly impairs you. What's really strange to me is how we've gone full circle on weed but we're now sending people to the black market for vapes when it's the greatest way to quit cigarettes that we've ever had. I quit 4 years ago because of vapes, got my brother to quit through vapes, and at least half a dozen other friends. They've since banned flavored vape juice (flavors are the only thing people vape) in my city and the entire county.

It's weird we've done the intelligent thing on weed and the dumber than dirt thing on vaping.
Cigarette lobby is much more powerful than the weed lobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom