RIP Robbie Robertson | The Boneyard

RIP Robbie Robertson

Reaction Score
Only Garth left from my favorite band of all time.

Robbie definitely rubbed people the wrong way towards the end of the group being together, but he was a great songwriter and contributed mightily to the success. Rest in Peace to a legend!

Reaction Score
Sad.
So many great songs he wrote for The Band that others sang.
I loved his early solo albums too.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Sad.
So many great songs he wrote for The Band that others sang.
I loved his early solo albums too.

He was a true asset to The Band
His first self titled LP was overproduced.
Storyville was better and I stopped listening after that LP
RIP RR

Reaction Score
The Last Waltz - a classic
I watched it on Pluto TV last night. I always found it interesting how the very first song they show in the film, RR announces to the crowd that it's their last song for the night. (Don't Do It).

Reaction Score
Only Garth left from my favorite band of all time.

Robbie definitely rubbed people the wrong way towards the end of the group being together, but he was a great songwriter and contributed mightily to the success. Rest in Peace to a legend!
My favorite band as well. RIP

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I watched it on Pluto TV last night. I always found it interesting how the very first song they show in the film, RR announces to the crowd that it's their last song for the night. (Don't Do It).

The film isn't a recording of the concert it's a documentary and it's a common technique to start with the end and then document how they got to that place.

"The film begins with The Band performing the last song of the evening, their cover version of the Marvin Gaye hit "Don't Do It", as an encore. The film then flashes back to the beginning of the concert, and follows it more or less chronologically. The Band is backed by a large horn section and performs many of its hit songs, including "Up on Cripple Creek", "Stage Fright", and "The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down"."

Reaction Score
One of my all-time favorite performances, there was nobody like Levon.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom