RIP Queen Elizabeth | The Boneyard

RIP Queen Elizabeth

Reaction Score
Most already know about the Death of the Longest Reigning Monarch in English History
But I have a little different take on the Royal Family than you will hear in any comments
We had a sister company in the UK that I was in constant contact
I also had a few opportunities visit .
The Director of Logistics was a friend
I once asked him what he thought of the Royal Family and his reply was
“ The Royal Family and the accompanying pomp is a source of interest not only in the UK but in Europe and even Asia . . The fact that it exists is a billions of dollar boon to the our Economy Think of them as our Disney World .”
She played her role perfectly but seemed to die when her husband passed .
Probably the only human who thought of her as a person rather than the symbol. RIP

Reaction Score
Eh, 70 years of reign and I can't name a single thing she's responsible for accomplishing other than wearing funny hats and waving to the crowd. RIP, I guess....

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Eh, 70 years of reign and I can't name a single thing she's responsible for accomplishing other than wearing funny hats and waving to the crowd. RIP, I guess....
Personally, I blame her for crime in Hartford, but that aside, one could argue that by doing nothing memorable she fulfilled her role flawlessly.

What is the role of the constitutional monarch in England? Basically, her role is ceremonial and she does what the government tells her to do.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Most already know about the Death of the Longest Reigning Monarch in English History
But I have a little different take on the Royal Family than you will hear in any comments
“ The Royal Family and the accompanying pomp is a source of interest not only in the UK but in Europe and even Asia . . The fact that it exists is a billions of dollar boon to the our Economy Think of them as our Disney World .”
Probably the only human who thought of her as a person rather than the symbol. RIP
I’ve been to Buckingham Palace and to Disney World. I’ll take Disney World.

She seemed to be a good human and a class act though, especially given what history tells us about the types of monsters people can become in these positions.

Reaction Score
There was a documentary that depicted her driving on her property (one of them) in a Range Rover type vehicle going hunting. The hunting lodge showed all of the guns and equipment just looked unbelievable but she seemed to be driving forever and was still on just her property. Living on slightly more than an acre that’s a hard thing for me to wrap my mind around. My drive across my lot is maybe 5 seconds. Castles, estates, servants, game managers, and their own gardens, fishing streams and livestock for their food raised organically. I picture myself asking “Malcolm, are the dogs ready for the hunt?”

Reaction Score
Who cares

JCSuperstar

Garbage Time All Star
Reaction Score
The queen dying really brought out the edgelords.

Reaction Score
Who cares
Look at cable networks ratings for the funeral and inevitable coronation
If you want an actual answer to that question.
It will be among the highest of the year , their Super Bowl . In Pop Culture World which I despise as a distraction from reality, the Royals are huge. But then again we’re on a BB forum which would make the average person yawn.

Reaction Score
Watching the news, I think it’s interesting that 100% of the content I’ve seen doesn’t have audio of her speaking. I don’t even think I know what her voice sounds like.

Reaction Score
I have nothing against her personally but the current British monarchy is nothing but a reality TV show with extreme wealth and famous ancestors. Famous for being wealthy and famous. Unless of course they are secretly running the world.

I did love her in the Naked Gun.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
There was a documentary that depicted her driving on her property (one of them) in a Range Rover type vehicle going hunting. The hunting lodge showed all of the guns and equipment just looked unbelievable but she seemed to be driving forever and was still on just her property. Living on slightly more than an acre that’s a hard thing for me to wrap my mind around. My drive across my lot is maybe 5 seconds. Castles, estates, servants, game managers, and their own gardens, fishing streams and livestock for their food raised organically. I picture myself asking “Malcolm, are the dogs ready for the hunt?”

Her property at Sandringham is impressive and there is a room in the main residence with with well over 100 rifles and shotguns given to monarchs over the years as gifts. It was pretty cool to see.

Reaction Score
Watching the news, I think it’s interesting that 100% of the content I’ve seen doesn’t have audio of her speaking. I don’t even think I know what her voice sounds like.
In this 2022 You Tube clip, at 1:16 , you can see her speaking. She seemed alert and cheerful.

Reaction Score
Netflix The Queen is probably pretty close as to their lifestyle and family drama but The Windsors is not to be missed for a send up comedy on them.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I’ve been to Buckingham Palace and to Disney World. I’ll take Disney World.

She seemed to be a good human and a class act though, especially given what history tells us about the types of monsters people can become in these positions.
This is the point. She has a job, even if we don't think of it as difficult. She did it capably and with dignity and grace for 70 years. For someone on the cover of Time as an toddler, her life was one of duty from the start. Never free to do her own thing. RIP.

Reaction Score
Here life was one of privilege from the start. While we're honoring her past, let's not overlook these facts...

She lived a life of privilege based on a system built on colonization, oppression, and nepotism. And she was racist.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom