Rip on this year's team | The Boneyard

Rip on this year's team

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Was it the nets at the BET that they didn’t cut in 99? I always thought that was bad ass

And the shaved heads in the tourney in 98

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Was it the nets at the BET that they didn’t cut in 99? I always thought that was bad ass

I could be wrong but I thought it was both the BET and the west regionals.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score

No. 1996 BET. Calhoun now says he regrets it.

Reaction Score
You really have to love how excited all the former players are about this. They are really rallying around this group of guys worthy heirs to the UConn legacy.
Everybody likes to see what they built succeed and thrive. The Ray/Rip generation are like grandparents. They get to come in and say how awesome everything is. They're all retired so they're watching every game, etc. Yeah their kids had some rough years in their late teens, got dumped, but they pulled it together, got their life together, got back with their partner, and had some sweet UConn Big East babies.

Reaction Score
Love that he says "We still have two more games!" It's a family.
Rip's comments remind me of Ray joining the celebration in 1999. He asked permission of George Karl to attend the championship game. Karl understood since he played for North Carolina.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

I knew he had spent time with Hawkins, but hearing how he went around the floor, finding his sweet spots, and then worked with him to show him how to get free is pretty cool. A few of us commented during the season how Jordan’s game started to look like Rip’s with the constant motion during the season.

I also like how Rip said that he showed Jordan things that Ray Allen showed Rip. What a cool lineage.

Reaction Score
I knew he had spent time with Hawkins, but hearing how he went around the floor, finding his sweet spots, and then worked with him to show him how to get free is pretty cool. A few of us commented during the season how Jordan’s game started to look like Rip’s with the constant motion during the season.

I also like how Rip said that he showed Jordan things that Ray Allen showed Rip. What a cool lineage.
I also liked how he referenced good shooters which obviously includes Ray and Rip without actually referring to himself.

Reaction Score

What Hawkins is doing now is a vision of what Rip likely would have been if he came through college 20 years later. Amazing that he was taught a lot of this by Rip himself.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom