RIP NY Jets overall #1 Draft Pick | The Boneyard

RIP NY Jets overall #1 Draft Pick

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Well, leave it to the Jets to win and lose the overall #1 Draft Pick 23-20 over the Rams in LA

There goes Trevor Lawrence :mad::mad::mad:

At last, an LA team will feel a little embarrassment and pain :oops::oops::oops:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
jag.png

Reaction Score
What the heck!!? Now the Jets gotta hope the Jags score a win; The Bears and the Colts.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Better not take Villanova for granted. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Reaction Score
The Jets are such a complete disaster of an organization that even when all they have to do is lose they still mess it up by winning. So much for #tankfortrevor.

Last edited:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
The Jets never needed Trevor Lawrence. They don't need another talented young quarterback that they'd ruin forever. What they need is to build a team around a young QB. Every team I've seen that drafts a talented young arm then drafts offensive linemen, receivers, running backs etc. Every team I've seen protects that QB. Not the Jets. They draft defense, and with their poor ability to recognize talent, they've failed even in that. Every year. That is except during the Parcells and Rex Ryan years. But even Sanchez was ultimately ruined by a poor offensive line and mediocre receivers. The problem with the Jets is the same problem with the Knicks: Eye crossingly poor management and remarkably poor organizational skills. Only the Jets were lined up to hire Adam Gase, a coach with a lifetime record below .500 before he was hired. No one but the Jets thought this guy was an NFL level coach. Whoever coaches this team next year, and it won't be Gase, is walking into an organization with ownership that wouldn't know a coach from used toilet tissue and talent from an open, seeping wound.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Didn't Trevor Lawrence say he would stay for his 4th year if the Jets had the # 1 pick?

Reaction Score
He stated that he'd have played for the Jets. Go Sam Darnold!

Reaction Score
The Jets never needed Trevor Lawrence. They don't need another talented young quarterback that they'd ruin forever. What they need, is to build a team around a young QB. Every team I've seen that drafts a talented young arm then drafts offensive linemen, receivers, running backs etc. Every team I've seen protects that QB. Not the Jets. They draft defense, and with their poor ability to recognize talent, they've failed even in that. Every year. That is except during the Parcells and Rex Ryan years. But even Sanchez was ultimately ruined by a poor offensive line and mediocre receivers. The problem with the Jets is the same problem with the Knicks: Eye crossingly poor management and remarkably poor organizational skills. Only the Jets were lined up to hire Adam Gase, a coach with a lifetime record below .500 before he was hired. No one but the Jets thought this guy was an NFL level coach. Whoever coaches this team next year, and it won't be Gase, is walking into an organization with ownership that wouldn't know a coach from used toilet tissue and talent from an open, seeping wound.

actually while it would have been exciting to get such a talented guy, I probably would have traded his rights for a huge haul of draft choices..........I think the Jets already have a bunch but they could package a few to move up into the earlier rounds and pick up three or four top picks all of which are desperately needed.....with the second choice they still might consider that idea unless they are in love with a particular player..........I don't think I would go for the Ohio State QB even though he is the new prototype for a QB these days.....

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
actually while it would have been exciting to get such a talented guy, I probably would have traded his rights for a huge haul of draft choices..........I think the Jets already have a bunch but they could package a few to move up into the earlier rounds and pick up three or four top picks all of which are desperately needed.....with the second choice they still might consider that idea unless they are in love with a particular player..........I don't think I would go for the Ohio State QB even though he is the new prototype for a QB these days.....
You're thinking too rationally and perceptively. We're talking the Jets here. They're notorious for drafting a QB first then drafting defense for years after.

Reaction Score
If the Jags and the Jets each have one win, is there a tie breaker that gives it to the Jags. I know Trevor is great, but it seems like with Trask, Jones, etc. there are a lot of really top, top qb's this season. And gb's can be such a gamble as to how they work out. See, Tom Brady, something like a 5th or 6th rounder, versus a lot of first rounders who never make the grade. If I had first pick I would trade down to someone who really loves Trevor, and if I need a qb takes Trask or Jones. Trask seems big, strong and a good runner just like Trevor.

Reaction Score
You're thinking too rationally and perceptively. We're talking the Jets here. They're notorious for drafting a QB first then drafting defense for years after.

ohhh you're right............ I forgot what team I was dealing with......:eek:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom