RIP Eric Carmen | The Boneyard

RIP Eric Carmen

Reaction Score
RIP Eric. Geez, I remember when this song first hit the radio. I was still in high school.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
In recent years, I've heard good and bad faithful versions of power pop classics decades after their original appearance. Thanks for choosing this one.

I'm pretty good at staying out of social media threads that grouse about who is unfairly included in or excluded from The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, but I'm amused to look & see today that The Raspberries have not been inducted. They'd be the perfect aggravating 'homer' choice for an institution located in Cleveland. It's almost as though they've been held at bay as a show of integrity by the nominating committee & voters. As if.

Maybe they're waiting for Eric Clapton to be inducted as a member of Blind Faith and Derek & the Dominoes, before they'd consider admitting another Eric C.

On balance, I wouldn't vote in The Raspberries, but I'll take this opportunity to digress into offering that not much by Clapton post-"Derek & the Dominoes Live" has made much of an impact on me, even though his tasteful, thoughtful, and seemingly sincere work emulating & playing with JJ Cale has confirmed my impression that he's been personally more fulfilled by dropping back from God status over the past half century, which has been his perfect right. And his early featured work with John Mayall, Delaney & Bonnie, and others, along with his eponymous solo album and his guitar solo on Stephen Stills's debut solo album still work for me, foundationally so.

And so, RIP Eric Carmen, and a couple of raspberries lightly tossed toward RnRHoF and Slowhand.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
In recent years, I've heard good and bad faithful versions of power pop classics decades after their original appearance. Thanks for choosing this one.

I'm pretty good at staying out of social media threads that grouse about who is unfairly included in or excluded from The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, but I'm amused to look & see today that The Raspberries have not been inducted. They'd be the perfect aggravating 'homer' choice for an institution located in Cleveland. It's almost as though they've been held at bay as a show of integrity by the nominating committee & voters. As if.

Maybe they're waiting for Eric Clapton to be inducted as a member of Blind Faith and Derek & the Dominoes, before they'd consider admitting another Eric C.

On balance, I wouldn't vote in The Raspberries, but I'll take this opportunity to digress into offering that not much by Clapton post-"Derek & the Dominoes Live" has made much of an impact on me, even though his tasteful, thoughtful, and seemingly sincere work emulating & playing with JJ Cale has confirmed my impression that he's been personally more fulfilled by dropping back from God status over the past half century, which has been his perfect right. And his early featured work with John Mayall, Delaney & Bonnie, and others, along with his eponymous solo album and his guitar solo on Stephen Stills's debut solo album still work for me, foundationally so.

And so, RIP Eric Carmen, and a couple of raspberries lightly tossed toward RnRHoF and Slowhand.
Interesting article. I'd never really listened past the first two albums, but the author makes a case that at the very least, Raspberries should be given the same consideration as a band like Big Star, based on influence more than hits.

As to Eric Clapton, I think this sums up his late career:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom