RIP Alan Arkin | The Boneyard

RIP Alan Arkin

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
A legendary talent. So many great roles from "The Russians Are Coming" thru "The Kominsky Method", including my favorite, "The In-Laws". Of course a great dramatic actor as well, evidenced by "Glengarry Glen Ross". And even in small parts, he could steal the show, like in "So I Married An Axe Murderer". He'll be missed.

Reaction Score
I met him on a photo shoot while he was living in Westport. Spent about an hour with him. He was personable, humble, curious and pretty good on guitar while I worked. Ask me questions as well as provided anecdotes from his life. Down to earth good guy off camera. Not many celebs I’ve met are all that.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
If you haven't streamed it yet, The Kominsky Method is definitely worth the time (if you enjoy watching old guys trade barbs). I had a hard time forgiving Michael Douglas for rebooting The In-Laws (and I hope it killed Albert Brooks' career). But he does great work here and his playing off Arkin (and vice versa) is stellar comedy. So given he did it with Arkin, I suppose he's done his penance and all is forgiven.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
He had a small role (John Cusack's psychiatrist) in a run of the mill movie (Grosse Point Blank) and was exceptional. He was one hell of an actor and not just in comedic roles.

A side note - his father wrote the lyrics to the song Black and White in response to Brown v Board of education which became a hit a decade and a half later by Three Dog Night.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Wasn't his son Adam a Glastonbury resident for a time?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
He had a small role (John Cusack's psychiatrist) in a run of the mill movie (Grosse Point Blank) and was exceptional. He was one hell of an actor and not just in comedic roles.
"Run of the mill"? You philistine. That's a classic.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
That never gets old!:D
There are very few movies you can identify with just one word that's not a title or character. Serpentine is one of those.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I think I was wrong about Casevettes but Libertine doesn't sound right dither

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member