2020 Recruiting: - Rich Kelly - QU Grad Transfer | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Rich Kelly - QU Grad Transfer

Reaction Score

This is the second Quinnipiac kid we’ve reached out to, after Kevin Marfo. Both players were second team All-MAAC this season.

This kid is definitely skilled offensively (lots of points, great shooter) but I don’t know if I really see the fit. He’s small and not much of a defender to my knowledge. I saw him drop 36 on UNH early this season at one of the two QU games I went to this year though and was pretty impressed.

Reaction Score
Looks like the ESPN reporter in this same article has yet to hear we're no longer in the AAC.

Sit-out transfers eligible for the 2020-21 season
12. R.J. Cole, 6-foot-1, 185 pounds, PG, redshirt sophomore, UConn (from Howard)
One of the most productive players in college basketball last season, Cole will look to translate his numbers at a higher level in the AAC. He averaged 21.4 points, 4.1 rebounds and 6.4 assists.

Reaction Score
Looks like the ESPN reporter in this same article has yet to hear we're no longer in the AAC.

Sit-out transfers eligible for the 2020-21 season
12. R.J. Cole, 6-foot-1, 185 pounds, PG, redshirt sophomore, UConn (from Howard)
One of the most productive players in college basketball last season, Cole will look to translate his numbers at a higher level in the AAC. He averaged 21.4 points, 4.1 rebounds and 6.4 assists.

Or that Cole didn't play last season.

C

Chief00

Heard Pitino got a Juco. Are strip clubs considered essential or non-essential? Perhaps Pitino used a delivery or takeout exception for the stripper?

Reaction Score
Shelton kid who shot at or over 40% from 3 the past 2 seasons? What could go wrong here?

Reaction Score
Fairfield Prep kid ... he's one of those players that looks like he cannot ball to the degree he does. Heady with a knack for the rim. Cannot look away from shooters.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Fairfield Prep kid ... he's one of those players that looks like he cannot ball to the degree he does. Heady with a knack for the rim. Cannot look away from shooters.
But is he a coach’s son? Gym rat? Sneaky athlete?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Rich Kelly to BC.

Fit makes sense. Outside of Jay Heath, BC has good, but unproven guard talent.

How will Wynston Tabbs play after his season-ending knee injury? How will Makai Ashton-Langford adjust with BC? How will Rich Kelly play against the speed and competition of the ACC? Can Langford contribute in his freshman season?

If it all clicks, they have a heck of a backcourt.

Wish both Kelly and Marfo best of luck in their respective schools.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom