Rich Get Richer. Baylor Gets Transfer | The Boneyard

Rich Get Richer. Baylor Gets Transfer

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score

Chrislyn Carr is a good pickup for Baylor.

This will continue to happen with immediate eligibility as Top 10 Teams will get the players they need to fill out rosters.

Reaction Score
I don't like these "late season trades."

I don't mind the transfer, but the immediate eligibility concerns me when a team can improve its rsoter for the second half of the season. Starting to look like MLB.

Hopefully, such instances will be rare.

What if Ryne Howard decided to transfer to Scar today because she wants to pad her pro draft resume with a deep run in the tournament ? Everybody would be raising heck.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
They'll have to clean up the leaving midseason transfer rule if it's feasible you could play for two teams in the same year.

Isn't this a COVID one time situation?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

This will continue to happen with immediate eligibility as Top 10 Teams will get the players they need to fill out rosters.
1611168354954.png

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score
I don't think she will be eligible to play this year as she has played in several games with TTech. My understanding of the "covid" rule is that a player needed to be with the team at the beginning of the season to be eligible. I think Carr sits until next year.

Reaction Score
I have never been a fan of the immediate elegibility of the grad transfer, although I can see the reason for it. It was not really a problem in the past because it was not common place as it is now. The problem began when it became a means for players to jump teams rather than for academic reasons. It really opened a can of worms. It messed up recruits out of high school choices in respect to when they could expect to get playing time. Sophs, Juniors found themseves knocked down on the depth charts by more experienced grad transfers. Grad transfers threw a monkey wrench in to the choices of high school players who used to have some inkling of their future roles on the teams they committed too. Now that could change over night. I suspect that the number of transfers over all of under graduates increased as a reaction to mitigate the insecurity for playing time.

Reaction Score

The last line of the article says this.
Carr's eligibility and availability to join the Lady Bears on the floor is to be determined.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom