Return of the mask | The Boneyard

Return of the mask

Reaction Score
1000001842.jpg

Reaction Score
Liya has missed only 1 game in her career. Last year, I believe that she broke her nose, wore the mask, and didn't miss any games. I hope she is feeling ok and can play tomorrow.
Last year she broke her nose pre-season, and we don't know how many days she may have been held back from practice while any swelling went down and the mask was made. For that matter, there may be some swelling now that prevents her from wearing the mask without undue discomfort.

I'm guessing the team has known since last night whether she can play today, and the rest of us (including our opponents) will find out shortly before the game.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Last year she broke her nose pre-season, and we don't know how many days she may have been held back from practice while any swelling went down and the mask was made. For that matter, there may be some swelling now that prevents her from wearing the mask without undue discomfort.

I'm guessing the team has known since last night whether she can play today, and the rest of us (including our opponents) will find out shortly before the game.
Your point is well taken. The other concern is whether or not Aaliyah shows any concussive symptoms. I know she’s tough as nails, but when she returned to the bench yesterday, she did not look well.

Reaction Score
Edwards has established herself as a "true fighter". You may recall in the original "Rocky" that Mickey was telling Rocky that he was a bum with one of the reasons being that he never had his nose broken (which changed when he fought Creed).
So now Edwards is a true fighter x 2.

Reaction Score
... plus there was a pool of blood left on the court when they picked her up as much as a small Apple Keyboard, she must have had an interesting overnight with her nose stuffed with cotton doubt if she slept that well

Reaction Score
When Aaliyah came back in, you could see that the facial swelling was already starting which would be typical for a nasal fracture. If she has slits for eyes today, I'm guessing she won't be playing in the rest of the tournament. As other posters have said, a mask won't be practical until the swelling goes down.

Remember the days when "emptying the bench" in the final minutes meant more than subbing in Q and Ines?

Reaction Score
When Aaliyah came back in, you could see that the facial swelling was already starting which would be typical for a nasal fracture. If she has slits for eyes today, I'm guessing she won't be playing in the rest of the tournament. As other posters have said, a mask won't be practical until the swelling goes down.

Remember the days when "emptying the bench" in the final minutes meant more than subbing in Q and Ines?
Hey @Linart, where have you been? I’ve missed you. Hope you’re well.

Reaction Score

Broken nose - 2 weeks no contact
Concur - hard to imagine with that kind of swelling that her nose is not broken.
Maybe for once with these injuries, will get right news

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Broken nose - 2 weeks no contact
That's definitely not a hard-and-fast rule. Sue Bird didn't miss any games in the 2018 playoff series against Phoenix, which featured the famous mask game. She said the only reason she didn't go back in after the injury was that they couldn't stop the bleeding.

Reaction Score
May not mean anything, or may be a note of optimism, but the FS1 cameras showed her parents smiling and laughing toward the end of the game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom