Rest in Peace Rakim Lubin | The Boneyard

Rest in Peace Rakim Lubin

Reaction Score
Dang

Back in the dark days of the KO era, we were excited about this kid and he was jokingly the namesake of my handle. Kinda feel like I have to change it now.

Terrible news. RIP

Reaction Score
That's terrible, haven't seen cause of death confirmed so not gonna speculate. But if what's out there is true then that's a horrible way to go. RIP

Reaction Score
Very sad to see. Had some legal trouble the last handful of years as well.

His nice game against Cincy in that W was a bright spot in some of the darkest KO days

Reaction Score
Dang

Back in the dark days of the KO era, we were excited about this kid and he was jokingly the namesake of my handle. Kinda feel like I have to change it now.

Terrible news. RIP
Why change it? It’s a memorial. Kid had a rough life and resorted to crime. I’m not sure how he died, but it’s really too bad that he’s gone so soon. I just wish basketball could have led him out of a bad environment and given him a better life.

Reaction Score
Wtf?? This is terrible. Rest in Peace. Once a Husky always a Husky

Rakim sounded so positive in that interview and that is the real tragedy. How do you go from that interview about ten years ago to where he ended up five or six years later?

The work DH has done on behalf of his players, from the speakers he's brought in to the setting of goals and the honesty with which the coaches reportedly address issues with the players will help them see the reality of their situations both on and off the court and hopefully keep them focused on what's important in life.

Reaction Score
Horrible news. I used to think of him with a bit of a laugh every time someone would mention Mrs Butterworth's. I never really knew much about what became of him after he transferred out, but I assumed he was playing somewhere internationally. The true story is a starkly tragic one

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Very sad to read this. Rest in Peace, kid.

Reaction Score
Were he and Sticks the only Alabama guys we've had? Both troubled souls who died way too young.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
His mom was very sweet - I feel badly for her.

No one should outlive their children.

He had an awful go of it here. UConn had a ton of scholarships open and Ollie barely knew who he was when we offered. He got here just as things got very chaotic and he had some off the court issues that made him easy to scapegoat. He was run off at the end of the year.

Thought he did well at CSUN before getting injured. Not sure why he left there, but when he was a senior at LSUS, he was honorable mention all-conference. I guess it went off the rails after college.

As with Chad and Stanley, I’m sorry to see someone go so young.

Reaction Score
Just terrible news. Insanely young. May he find the peace he didnt find in life. RIP Rock.

Reaction Score
His mom was very sweet - I feel badly for her.

No one should outlive their children.

He had an awful go of it here. UConn had a ton of scholarships open and Ollie barely knew who he was when we offered. He got here just as things got very chaotic and he had some off the court issues that made him easy to scapegoat. He was run off at the end of the year.

Thought he did well at CSUN before getting injured. Not sure why he left there, but when he was a senior at LSUS, he was honorable mention all-conference. I guess it went off the rails after college.

As with Chad and Stanley, I’m sorry to see someone go so young.
I recall an interview with Rakim when he first got to Storrs. He was asked about what he'll bring to the floor and who he'd compare himself to and he responded, "Charles Barkley".

Ollie was asked about it and sort of politely said he's no Charles Barkley. It made no sense for a coach to recruit a player and then make a negative remark about the kid's aspirations.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom