Report: Notre Dame in Talks to Join ACC as Full Member | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Report: Notre Dame in Talks to Join ACC as Full Member

Reaction Score
I really wish everyone would put to rest the ND to ACC as full member talk. It is not happening. To those who are jealous of ND, too bad. They hit the jackpot years ago and it is not going to change anytime soon. Just like Rutgers hit the jackpot. It is a sad state of affairs, but it will not be changed anytime soon.
You don't have a clue.

Reaction Score
Our (UConn's) destiny is in the AAC. At some point, we as UConn fans, need to face reality. The P5 will become the P4 in the near future and UConn is not getting invited to the ACC or BIG10. We as fans need to continue to support UConn and try to make the AAC the best Of the non-power conferences. The AAC will have an opportunity to pick up some of the B12 left overs that don't get an invite to one of the Big Boy P4. At the end of the day, the AAC will end up being a decent conference. We just need to make the best of it.

Reaction Score
Our (UConn's) destiny is in the AAC. At some point, we as UConn fans, need to face reality. The P5 will become the P4 in the near future and UConn is not getting invited to the ACC or BIG10. We as fans need to continue to support UConn and try to make the AAC the best Of the non-power conferences. The AAC will have an opportunity to pick up some of the B12 left overs that don't get an invite to one of the Big Boy P4. At the end of the day, the AAC will end up being a decent conference. We just need to make the best of it.
I guess 22 national championships in major college sports over 20 years don't count? Right? 11 national championships in women's basketball, four in men's basketball, and a few in baseball and soccer. UCONN'S not staying in the AAC, and who knows maybe football will finally get rolling.

Reaction Score
I guess 22 national championships in major college sports over 20 years don't count? Right? 11 national championships in women's basketball, four in men's basketball, and a few in baseball and soccer. UConn'S not staying in the AAC, and who knows maybe football will finally get rolling.
Nobody is saying UCONN's National Championships do not count. They are a tremendous accomplishment for the University. Unfortunately, there is no way BC, Syracuse, FSU, Pitt, or Clemson want UConn in the ACC. Also, our odds of being invited to the BIG10 are even less. Sometime you just need to accept reality and move on.

Reaction Score
Why??? State your case.
BC and Syracuse don't want to have to recruit against UConn on a level playing field. FSU and Clemson don't want another weak sister football program in the conference. Pitt, see BC and the Cuse. But the biggest reasons is that we won't bring enough $$$ where we could be added without the other schools having to take a pay cut. I just don't see the BIG10 as a viable option for UConn. We're just not a fit. Plus no AAU membership.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Why??? Again, state your case. Did Michigan, Wisconsin and Ohio State want lousy Rutgers in the league? Or Maryland?

The administration at Michigan did. Games against Rutgers and a Maryland put the Block M squarely in front of millions of prospective students and their families.

Reaction Score
BC and Syracuse don't want to have to recruit against UConn on a level playing field. FSU and Clemson don't want another weak sister football program in the conference. Pitt, see BC and the Cuse. But the biggest reasons is that we won't bring enough $$$ where we could be added without the other schools having to take a pay cut. I just don't see the BIG10 as a viable option for UConn. We're just not a fit. Plus no AAU membership.
Don't you think we could get an ACC invite for the same reason Rutgers got invited to the Big Ten? Uconn in the ACC brings the NYC to Boston corridor market on a silver platter. And what about renewing the Big East rivalries we had with Syracuse, Pitt, and BC? If BC hates us so much why are we playing them again in Football? Football and Basketball is dieing at those schools, you don't see how adding UCONN to the mix would actually help recruiting in terms of increased interest in these rivalries? And lastly, what if HCRE and staff succeed and the football program takes off? I think there's a very good chance they will. If you don't then you're not much of a UCONN fan, or maybe you're just pretending to be one. Add to that 22 national championships in major sports, and growing, and excellent academics.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The administration at Michigan did. Games against Rutgers and a Maryland put the Block M squarely in front of millions of prospective students and their families.
I know that. That's my point, they got invited anyway.

Reaction Score
Nobody is saying UConn's National Championships do not count. They are a tremendous accomplishment for the University. Unfortunately, there is no way BC, Syracuse, FSU, Pitt, or Clemson want UConn in the ACC. Also, our odds of being invited to the BIG10 are even less. Sometime you just need to accept reality and move on.
And then we got ACC posters coming here saying we'd be the only viable #16. And no one said expansion is done. 1+1=2?

The Big Ten is looking at us even without the AAU affiliation. I know that for a fact. And here we have you saying we're staying in the AAC. Some of you are way out there.

Reaction Score
Also, our odds of being invited to the BIG10 are even less. Sometime you just need to accept reality and move on.

UConn needs the earth to move and pieces to fall back to earth in a favorable way. It could happen if the Big 12 falls apart.

Connecticut's economy worries me in that regard, but right now New England has plenty of bright students with parents that can afford to send their kids places like the University of Michigan. And there seems to be a gap there with no Big Ten schools in it. So, you never know.

Reaction Score
Why??? Again, state your case. Did Michigan, Wisconsin and Ohio State want lousy Rutgers in the league? Or Maryland?

Rutgers and Maryland are doing so terrible in the Big 10 that we'd better off hoping one of them gets kicked out and we replace them. Rutgers should be a prime example of a team that deserves a boot - lousy in football and basketball!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I can't help but think UConn to the ACC still has a chance, mostly due to the ACC Network. The north east is where the eyeballs are.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Nobody is saying UConn's National Championships do not count. They are a tremendous accomplishment for the University. Unfortunately, there is no way BC, Syracuse, FSU, Pitt, or Clemson want UConn in the ACC. Also, our odds of being invited to the BIG10 are even less. Sometime you just need to accept reality and move on.
No, no you don't.

It's like you don't know us at all.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
UConn needs the earth to move and pieces to fall back to earth in a favorable way. It could happen if the Big 12 falls apart.

Connecticut's economy worries me in that regard, but right now New England has plenty of bright students with parents that can afford to send their kids places like the University of Michigan. And there seems to be a gap there with no Big Ten schools in it. So, you never know.
There are a couple of scenarios that have UConn in the Big10.
  1. Let's just assume for a second that Flugs knows something about this (It's a stretch, I know). He claims that the Big10 wants Oklahoma and Kansas independent of each other. If Oklahoma goes to the SEC, he says the Big10 will pick up Kansas. That leaves an open spot to get to 16 (15 won't work). UConn would slide right in.
  2. The Big10 is able to reel in the big one, Texas to go along with Oklahoma and Kansas. If they decide to go to 20, they would need one more in the west and two in the east. UConn would be a great fit there too.
I think that the Big10 would like to add another NE school, but their priority right now getting another brand for football in the west. Oklahoma fits the bill there.

Reaction Score
9 million cable boxes in New Jersey alone plus NYC area. That's why.
Lol, Rutgers has as much a stranglehold on the NYC area as does Boise State. Uconn women's basketball out draws Rutgers football in NYC every time. Lol
Also all those Jersey cable boxes will be worthless once streaming games from other vendors happens.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Lol, Rutgers has as much a stranglehold on the NYC area as does Boise State. UConn women's basketball out draws Rutgers football in NYC every time. Lol

Rutgers football is not a real sport. It's like watching a group of mentally challenged high school dropouts embarrass themselves on the field.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom