Report: Cooper Flagg cancels visit to Kansas, meaning decision could come down to UConn and Duke | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Report: Cooper Flagg cancels visit to Kansas, meaning decision could come down to UConn and Duke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I posted something similar a while back. I'm surprised we haven't seen this happen already. FOX could be a ratings monster if they steered Flagg to UConn. Same thing with star QB's in college football...

This method already has legs.
We also know how quick the NCAA is to adjust policies for their student athletes' benefits....

The TV companies are going to pay pennies on the dollar, or extract rights to the player's future earnings, and then over expose certain schools to fit their narrative. If you thought Sportscenter is difficult to watch now, just wait 5 years...

I foresee this to be the biggest bargaining chip in future TV rights deals with conferences. And I am super thankful we are having success as an individual program, because these media companies are knocking on other doors before they come to the Big East

Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 4.00.30 PM.png

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I posted something similar a while back. I'm surprised we haven't seen this happen already. FOX could be a ratings monster if they steered Flagg to UConn. Same thing with star QB's in college football...
I agree it is time for Fox to start doing what ESPN does.

Reaction Score
I don't know Cooper but if he's one and done, why not play in front of your folks and friends for that year?
I don't think that really matters anymore, especially with NIL. With the extra money Duke can probably fork out, he can just fly his family business class/1st class to several games @Duke, maybe they'll enjoy the short trip/mini vacation.

Reaction Score
I don't think that really matters anymore, especially with NIL. With the extra money Duke can probably fork out, he can just fly his family business class/1st class to several games @Duke, maybe they'll enjoy the short trip/mini vacation.
I feel with such a unique talent like Flagg, that NIL won‘t be the deciding factor. We many not be able to compete day in day out for players but the money is going to be there for Cooper.

Reaction Score
I feel with such a unique talent like Flagg, that NIL won‘t be the deciding factor. We many not be able to compete day in day out for players but the money is going to be there for Cooper.
If Hurley reels this kid in, so to speak, and if he has a solid season this year, not even just a FF, mind you, but just a solid overall season, DB needs to lock this guy down and do everything to keep him because I have to figure if Hurley continues to be doing this well, nba will come calling and I am sure they have already taken notice.

Reaction Score
Found @cohenzone's day job
Article is clickbait, but you’re making a false dichotomy also. Would a sane person, with a simple choice of get Flagg or don’t get Flagg, want him? Of course they would. But the point remains that the better path to winning a national championship is to build a core with some level of experience rather than rely on a one and done freshman to carry you to one.

Reaction Score
Enroll in college for spring semester and practice with the big boys? Similar to Karaban.

I wonder if that was part of Hurleys pitch?

He's at Montverde. I doubt it.

pj

Reaction Score
Article is clickbait, but you’re making a false dichotomy also. Would a sane person, with a simple choice of get Flagg or don’t get Flagg, want him? Of course they would. But the point remains that the better path to winning a national championship is to build a core with some level of experience rather than rely on a one and done freshman to carry you to one.

I think that's why Hurley is trying to get Ahmad Nowell, Isaiah Abraham, and Patrick Ngongba to join Flagg, on top of the existing core. Why not rely on two one-and-done freshmen, plus an experienced core, to carry you to one?

Reaction Score
Where do the Flaggs now live? Thought I trolled them on FB and they sold their ME home and perhaps moved to FL

Reaction Score
My current sense is, it will be much sooner than Spring. There may be a very practical reason to do it in the next couple of months?
There’s a very good chance we might hear something in the next 7 to 10 days. Then again we might not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom