Rellah Booth-where forth art thou? | The Boneyard

Rellah Booth-where forth art thou?

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
While most of us are aware of the bravado and subsequent travails of Ms.Booth from IMG to Texas to Juco to Middle Tennessee, something along the way has further derailed her "stardom". I know she hurt her knee (?) last year and missed considerable time. This year, for a MTS team predicted to win C-USA, she started the 1st game but only played 15 min against a loss to Belmont and did not play at all last night in a loss to Tulane. Anyone know what's going on?

Talk about a land of misfit toys, this MTSU team has the LaVarr Ball family of Women's hoop on it, the Hayes sisters, plus 3 other transfers including Booth and a Soviet Union transplant. I am curious to see this team play. Any insight from anyone?

Last edited:

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score
Wish I knew more about her, as well. She was a decent player until her ACL injury, and I enjoyed watching her play. Seems she hasn't recovered since. I know she had "grade" issues at Texas, so maybe that's part of the struggle. Wish her well, of course.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Wherefore, too. I really liked her as a freshman. She has loads of talent, but something went awry, I know not wherefore. It’s like no matter where she goes, it’s not quite a good fit. I’m still rooting for her.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Thanks to Plebe and his weekly posting of games, of interest to me and maybe a few other is Middle Tennessee playing TCU on Sunday and my question may actually get answered by watching that game..

Sunday, Dec 13
Middle Tennessee at TCU (2p, ESPN+)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Wherefore, too. I really liked her as a freshman. She has loads of talent, but something went awry, I know not wherefore. It’s like no matter where she goes, it’s not quite a good fit. I’m still rooting for her.
Rellah was immensely popular with the fans at Texas her freshman year. They would cheer even just from seeing her approach the scorer's table to check in, and she played the game with a boundless enthusiasm.

Unfortunately, "boundless" also meant she was not one to be bounded by any kind of system on offense, nor could she ever be accused of being disciplined on defense or of being fit enough to get up and down the floor while competing at a high level for any length of time.

Rehabbing from an ACL tear requires a lot of an athlete, mentally and physically, and from what little scraps of evidence I've been able to glean, it seems that Rellah's rehab didn't go greatly, for whatever reason. She ended up playing in just 7 games last season, with her most significant outing in a 14-minute appearance against Rice. (In fact I attended that game and posted on this thread about it: Games Feb. 3-9)

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
So I am watching the MTSU and TCU game and Booth did not start but has played a bit. She is woefully out of shape and not moving particularly well. You can see flashes of skill as she shoots the 3 pretty well. She is now reminding me of Chantel Osahor.

BTW, there are 3 Hayes sisters playing right now-2 on MTSU Sr-Anastasia; So-Aislynn, 1 on ND Fr-Alasia

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom