Refs were horrific tonight | The Boneyard

Refs were horrific tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I usually don't complain about the refs, but how can you so glaringly get a call 100% wrong (as in NO chance the call was right no matter how you look at it) as the "carry" on Shabazz?? And the friggin guy was standing right there!!! Someone should tell him that it can't be a carry if the guy doesn't dribble. And the offensive on Shabazz?? Way to fall for the flop. Those are just two plays that stand out, but they were god awful. Thankfully we won despite the inadequacies of the refs.....

Reaction Score
I usually don't complain about the refs, but how can you so glaringly get a call 100% wrong (as in NO chance the call was right no matter how you look at it) as the "carry" on Shabazz?? And the friggin guy was standing right there!!! Someone should tell him that it can't be a carry if the guy doesn't dribble. And the offensive on Shabazz?? Way to fall for the flop. Those are just two plays that stand out, but they were god awful. Thankfully we won despite the inadequacies of the refs.....

I didn't think they favored one team over the other like they did last night, but the carry call was absurd. The funny thing is that when Ollie complained he looked at him as if to say "what *$k are you talking about?" I truly believe he thought Napier dribbled, or at the very least he anticipated him dribbling and was too proud to just say "I missed that one".

Reaction Score
Considering how the new rules make it nearly impossible to draw a charge that call astounding me. How do you make that call??

Reaction Score
It was a charge. But so were the 5 discards by Hanlan last night . . .

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
The carry call was bad and then they made the same call on Boatright a minute later, though the announcers didn't pay any attention that time. Both times they did what guards have been doing with the ball forever.

Reaction Score
It was a charge. But so were the 5 discards by Hanlan last night . . .

I didn't think so actually, but it was debatable. He didn't really shove with the off arm - it was hanging limp, and the defender hadn't established his position yet after getting up off the floor. It was a really soft call for the last minute - especially in comparison to the full forearm shivers yesterday. But he did extend the arm just enough to give the ref a chance to make a hero call.

Reaction Score
I also thought the refs were horrible. And I almost never complain about the refs.

One thing I'm worried about in conference play is the officiating. With the AAC being a new conference I don't think they will be getting the better refs. Luckily for JC he's retired!

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score
I didn't think they favored one team over the other like they did last night, but the carry call was absurd. The funny thing is that when Ollie complained he looked at him as if to say "what *$k are you talking about?" I truly believe he thought Napier dribbled, or at the very least he anticipated him dribbling and was too proud to just say "I missed that one".

It was good to see KO getting into it with a ref.

Reaction Score
I didn't think so actually, but it was debatable. He didn't really shove with the off arm - it was hanging limp, and the defender hadn't established his position yet after getting up off the floor. It was a really soft call for the last minute - especially in comparison to the full forearm shivers yesterday. But he did extend the arm just enough to give the ref a chance to make a hero call.
He was on the floor because he was impeding the path of the offensive player. It should have been called right then and there. Disgusting. Oh and on the last play, just before NG falls out of bounds with 0.7 secs, AB was given a forearm shove to the back while going for the rebound- no call.

Reaction Score
The carry was embarrassing. More embarrassing was Fraschilla and Saunders discussing whether his hand was under the ball and not noticing that it can't be a carry if he doesn't put the ball down on the floor. First day stuff. Total joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom