Recruit's Mom Strikes Again | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Recruit's Mom Strikes Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The main reason you guys need to read ESPN magazine article is that he went to live with his father his freshman year in hs...his father and stepmother helped him through this process like you are talking about doung with your kids...his dad went with him on each visit after helping him whittle down his choices. His mom was OUT of the picture and wants him to attend LSU because that is HER choice. She had no participation WHAT SO EVER in the recruiting process...except to tell her son she wanted him to go to LSU.
^^^ This

Reaction Score
Well lets just take it at face value that the claims that in Alabama he will be red shirted and forced to change positions vs LSU where he'd get to play as a safety his freshman year. We don't have a way of knowing if that's true or not but if it is wouldnt LSU be the better choice of the two institutions? I get ESPN Mag, but I havent spotted that story, what month is it in?

Reaction Score
In the latest issue, recruiting theme. I think I got it a week or so back

Reaction Score
Well lets just take it at face value that the claims that in Alabama he will be red shirted and forced to change positions vs LSU where he'd get to play as a safety his freshman year. We don't have a way of knowing if that's true or not but if it is wouldnt LSU be the better choice of the two institutions? I get ESPN Mag, but I havent spotted that story, what month is it in?

The latest issue with Albert Punols on the cover. Starts on pg 89 ends on pg 94...there are 2 photos of interest in the article...one on pg 90 with Landon and his mom (the article is written around the trip he is taking from his dad's house where he lives to his mother's house to take this photo) and on pg 92 in the kitchen with his father at the house they live in with His father's 2nd wife...Landon's stepmother.
Here is an excerpt from the article that will show what is going on here:
"After much deliberation, he (Landon) told his mom he wanted to move to Geismar with his dad and attendDutchtown (High School). He braced himself for her reactiion. Would she make this a fight? Lash out? As it turned out, that's not how Justin (Landon's mom) reacted at all. She agreed the move was for the best. Her world had been turned upside down by the storm (Hurricane Katrina) too, and she was still trying to establish the stable life she'd once known. Her son needed a different kind of guidance than she could offer. "Thomas (Landon's father) could show landon how to be a man", she says. "I couldn't do that."
With 1,900 studenbts abd a college-style campus, Dutchtown ovwerwhelmed landon at first. Making friends was hard, he was shy. His grades suffered. But it all turned around when Collins became just the fouorth freshman in Head Coach Benny Saia's 10-year reign to dress for varsity football games. That season, he played on special teams and occasionally at safety. It wasn't long before he found friends and brought his grades back up.
Over the next few years, Collins would call home often to talk with his mom and Gerald (step brother Gerald Willis III), who was developing into a football star in his own right. But as he grew more rooted in Greismar, he phoned and visited his mom less. It wasn't that he didn't miss her. But in the face of space and time, all relationships erode, at least a little. And there was so much in his new life commanding his attention, directing him to move on."
Another excerpt:
"Collins knew he wanted to play for Alabama when he saw the Tide beat Florida 31-6 in Tuscaloosa his Junior year. "I just fell in live when I got there" he says. "I stepped on the field and it just felt...big". His dad was with him on nthat trip and on all of his visits, acting as his lead adviser. He was the one who returned coaches' phone calls when his son was busy or disinterested and hosted them in his home. he was the one who helped his son break down the pluses and minuses of all his suitors and made sure he wasn't being overwhelmed by the attention. Landon included his mom when it came time to finalize his decision. That's how, with Collins leaning toward's Alabama this fall, Saban came to visit Justin"

Reaction Score
Any chance momma got an "incentive" to "guide" her son to LSU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom