Recruits at game tomorrow? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Recruits at game tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is Strong going to show up tonight? I would almost be a thousand bucks she will be in Columbia when UCONN comes to town.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Has anyone heard of any recruits attending? You'd have to think for this big game at home we will have a couple ladies sitting next to the legend championship teams that will be honored tomorrow. :)

I haven't checked their high school schedules, but if they don't have games I wouldn't be surprised to see Olivia Vukosa in attendance again....and fingers crossed, would absolutely love to see Sarah Strong at the game!
Here's my guess - we'll know who's there when they show the rows behind the bench. Unless a HS player announces travel plans in advance on social media, we usually don't find out until one of the eagle eyed Boneyarders notices. ;):cool:

Reaction Score
It was reported recently that she does not want to play in the front court. She wants to play SG or Wing. That being the case, I hope she chooses my Gamecocks. I still believe she's UCONN's to lose.

I just can't see her going to UNC. I think in the end, she will choose a National Power; UCONN or Carolina.

I don’t think SC is in the running

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Yana is 6'5", wasn't she a recruit?
Ayanna is 6-2, but she’s a long 6-2

370C24DA-6B74-436D-BB77-BC4C38466160.jpeg

Reaction Score
Jana El Alfy is going to be a big deal next season.
I suspect no one knows more about how big a deal Jana will be than Geno. I also believe he understands the risks of a red shirt frosh coming off a knee injury and will act accordingly.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I suspect no one knows more about how big a deal Jana will be than Geno. I also believe he understands the risks of a red shirt frosh coming off a knee injury and will act accordingly.
Jana tore her Achilles tendon

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I hope that she stays this Summer at UConn and doesn't play for the Egyptian team.

Reaction Score
Is Strong going to show up tonight? I would almost be a thousand bucks she will be in Columbia when UCONN comes to town.
No as already previously mentioned she was playing in a game today with her high school.

Reaction Score
I don't really consider Strong a big at only 6'2. I think UConn does a good job with players 6'3 and below, not so much with tall players. Other than Liv they really haven't had a traditional post player that is taller than 6'4 that I can remember.

This is not a knock, UConn has proven you can win with an athletic 6'3 against teams with much more height and it looks like they will do it again this year. It is frustrating when they have height and don't use it but the fact of the matter is Geno still wins more than anyone else so maybe he knows what will work for him.

So in summary I think they will have a bunch of players around 6'2 to 6'3 and continue to use athleticism to overcome superior height.
There are allot more Bigger than 6'3 " players out their now and are very talented. So playing with shorter players is not as good anymore. Uconn has struck out with bigger players the last few years. They seem to have lost a step or two in recruiting since Shea Ralph left. They need to get someone better to recruit bigs.

Reaction Score
There are allot more Bigger than 6'3 " players out there now and are very talented. So playing with shorter players is not as good anymore. Uconn has struck out with bigger players the last few years. They seem to have lost a step or two in recruiting since Shea Ralph left. They need to get someone better to recruit bigs.
They need to offer Bryn McGaughy before she commits to another program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom