Recruiting | The Boneyard

Recruiting

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
So where do we stand now. Abraham and Nowell fills the PG/wing needs but who are the bigs? I went looking but all old threads are locked it seems. Thanks in advance

Reaction Score
So where do we stand now. Abraham and Nowell fills the PG/wing needs but who are the bigs? I went looking but all old threads are locked it seems. Thanks in advance
Pretty sure we don’t have any viable offers out to uncommitted 2024s. Someone would need to reclassify.

Reaction Score
There will also always be some decommits due to coaching changes and guys being recruited over. There will be some decent options and we will be an attractive destination for some pretty good ballers.

Reaction Score
Didn't get Cockburn then end up w/ Sanogo next year. Hurley and crew are moving on to and won't go chasing projects. The true beauty of the portal is that a team does not have to worry about filling roter spots for "just in case" scenarios.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Didn't get Cockburn then end up w/ Sanogo next year. Hurley and crew are moving on to and won't go chasing projects. The true beauty of the portal is that a team does not have to worry about filling roter spots for "just in case" scenarios.
I think if we want stars who are the foundations for winning you do it through recruiting.

If we want good role players than the portal is good.

We have a lot of future stars on the perimeter it seems. Just have to make sure we’re good at C. Would love for Singare to blossom there.

pj

Reaction Score
For 2023-2024, sure. I think OP is asking about 2024-2025.

We have:
  • Ahmad Nowell
  • Solo Ball
  • Hassan Diarra
  • Apostolos Roumouglu
  • Jayden Ross
  • Isaiah Abraham
  • Jaylin Stewart
  • Youssouf Singare
  • Samson Johnson
Not the level of talent we had last year or this, but a decent core once they gain experience. We have to see how the freshmen develop.

Reaction Score
We have:
  • Ahmad Nowell
  • Solo Ball
  • Hassan Diarra
  • Apostolos Roumouglu
  • Jayden Ross
  • Isaiah Abraham
  • Jaylin Stewart
  • Youssouf Singare
  • Samson Johnson
Not the level of talent we had last year or this, but a decent core once they gain experience. We have to see how the freshmen develop.
True but a bit thin with the bigs, which OP alluded to. I consider Stewart to be more of a wing than a big.

Reaction Score
I thought this quote from Hurley today was interesting:

“Obviously, we have to stick to our identity and what's worked for us," Hurley continued. "The range we've recruited in has paid dividends. But then you're also evaluating each recruiting class, and its relative strength, and what you should go for in a class. There may be incredible value in the 52nd-ranked player in the country. To you, he may be a guy who's a two-year player and you love his ability, and maybe in another class, the players in that range, you may not like and say I'm going to shoot higher, and if I don't win there, I'm going in the portal, because I don't think that these high school players can help us.”

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
For 2023-2024, sure. I think OP is asking about 2024-2025.

And I'm talking about 24/25, as of this moment

Maybe somebody leaves early, maybe not

Reaction Score
I think he can have a really good year this season and he and his family want him to do a second year to become a concensus top 5 NBA pick kinda guy.

The first two mock drafts I just googled have him in the Top 5 in next year's draft so that might be wishful thinking on your part.

I wouldn't be remotely surprised if Karaban is back next year - if I was betting I'd expect him to be - but if Castle has anything even resembling the year that's expected of him I don't see a universe in which he'll be a sophomore at UConn.

Reaction Score
The first two mock drafts I just googled have him in the Top 5 in next year's draft so that might be wishful thinking on your part.

I wouldn't be remotely surprised if Karaban is back next year - if I was betting I'd expect him to be - but if Castle has anything even resembling the year that's expected of him I don't see a universe in which he'll be a sophomore at UConn.
I hear what you're saying and I would love for Stephon to be a top 5 pick this year but my gut at this point is not feeling that.

Reaction Score
We have:
  • Ahmad Nowell
  • Solo Ball
  • Hassan Diarra
  • Apostolos Roumouglu
  • Jayden Ross
  • Isaiah Abraham
  • Jaylin Stewart
  • Youssouf Singare
  • Samson Johnson

Plenty of room, plenty things will happen both in our program and others that will impact that roster. Stay tuned but in the meantime enjoy what we do have, should be fun!

Reaction Score
I guarantee we find what need in the portal or on the trail... If history has taught us anything, we tend to do quite well when we miss out on the big fish. We're the defending champions - no need to have some woe is me vibe here. We knew we were always on the outside with Flagg; we made up ground but the kid established quite early that Duke was his "dream" school. That wasn't going to change. We also always thought that we were a little behind with PN. Move on and dominate. Simple.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
There are 3 talented freshman on this years team who are very unlikely to see minutes but will be developing in the system and culture of the program. A 4th, will be coming off the bench as the 6th man. That is the nucleus that we'll build around next year in the portal. It was from this position of strength that Hurley strategically capitalized on the title to reach higher and go after splash names in this class. Next year's class will be another reload class.

Reaction Score
Are we still in on Jahki Howard? Also, I'll continue to say it every chance I get - Solo Ball is going to be incredible.

Buzz seemed to have died on him since the Abraham commitment.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom