Recruiting Update? | The Boneyard

Recruiting Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I remember seeing a previous thread dedicated to this topic but I can't seem to find it. Anyone who stays close to the recruiting scene know how we are looking with regard to adding a couple more players to next years class?

Reaction Score
I remember seeing a previous thread dedicated to this topic but I can't seem to find it. Anyone who stays close to the recruiting scene know how we are looking with regard to adding a couple more players to next years class?
3uconn must be studying in the recruiting offseason. He's been quiet lately. Needs to get his priorities back in order again. :)

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
3uconn must be studying in the recruiting offseason. He's been quiet lately. Needs to get his priorities back in order again. :)
Its not like theres much for 3uconn to talk about honestly, his silence shows that we are not really in a strong position with many guys that are on the national recruiting scene's radar.

Reaction Score
There hasn't really been much lately. I don't like to really say things that I don't feel confident with.

It's a dead period a little because it's a transition period from 2015 to 2016. For the most part we are done with 2015, besides Stone and maybe Brown or a few others, and are moving on to 2016 and determining the top targets there.

I just don't like to speculate anything and there hasn't been much concrete news lately.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
There hasn't really been much lately. I don't like to really say things that I don't feel confident with.

It's a dead period a little because it's a transition period from 2015 to 2016. For the most part we are done with 2015, besides Stone and maybe Brown or a few others, and are moving on to 2016 and determining the top targets there.

I just don't like to speculate anything and there hasn't been much concrete news lately.
You da man 3!

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I'm going to try and start doing some interviews now with 2016 recruits and beyond possibly. Anyone have any people that they want me to try for?

Bruce Brown, Tyrique Jones, and Omari Spellman would be awesome.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I'm going to try and start doing some interviews now with 2016 recruits and beyond possibly. Anyone have any people that they want me to try for?
Rodney Miller. Specifically ask him about reclassing to 2015 - he's old enough to do so if the grades are there.

Reaction Score

Tyler Dorsey?

;)

Reaction Score
How can we not do more for 15? Happy with what we have but international and maybe some great NYC talent still has to be out there.

Reaction Score
honestly Id like to see what he has to say about his recruitment and why Oregon won, and what made him overlook uconn

Sorry to say ....could be he watched the Houston game:eek:

Reaction Score
How can we not do more for 15? Happy with what we have but international and maybe some great NYC talent still has to be out there.

There are some quality kids still out there, like Newman and Stone. But not many. And haven't heard any news on Newman and Uconn for ages. And some in the know say Stone is a long shot now. So IMO, we need talent who can play right away. If we can't get that I rather wait. We have enough bench players now.

Reaction Score
Not near a computer to post the tweet but we are showing interest in 2015 PG Tobias Howard. not highly ranked anywhere but looks good on YouTube. We're also picking up interest in a few 2016 guys which makes me wonder which of them we may be pushing to reclassify. I'll try to find out more when I get the time.

I did hear from a good source we're looking to add at least 2 more guys in the 2015 class. All I know is one will be a PG.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
He's apparently had a pretty sketchy recruitment. Kansas were in hard for him, then backed off quickly. Same with Illinois (I think).

Right now he's expected to end up with St. John's. Draw your own conclusions.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
IIRC he tweeted something about how "New York is nice..." in regards to St. John's recruiting him. If he doesn't mind the cold, I'm sure we'll be able to swoop in over them. :cool:

Reaction Score
He's apparently had a pretty sketchy recruitment. Kansas were in hard for him, then backed off quickly. Same with Illinois (I think).

Right now he's expected to end up with St. John's. Draw your own conclusions.

Kansas and Illinois both gave him offers so what do you mean by backed off?

Reaction Score
Just noticed this but not sure if anything came of it:

1. Joe Henricksen ‏@joehoopsreport Feb 7Chicago, IL
    Hearing this week UConn ready to jump in hard after state's top uncommitted prospect, Morgan Park's Marcus Lovett

2. Michael O'Brien ‏@michaelsobrien Feb 4
    Also, UConn will likely be in to see Morgan Park's Marcus LoVett this weekend.
Marcus is a very interesting player and I'm pleased we are recruiting him. A little personal back story:
My son played for a short time on the same team as Marcus back in the 7th grade (Quickshot) and was also trained by Marcus' father (Marcus Sr.) in Pasadena, CA (where his Dad lives). So, I got to know his Dad a little bit. Marcus Sr. actually sued the NCAA many years ago regarding his own eligibility issues and questions about a possible learning disability (there is a Sports Illustrated article on it that you can google). Marcus Sr tended to steer his son away from most high level AAU programs and HS programs and focused on "training, training, and more training" (his Dad's words to me). Thus, Marcus Jr is a very skilled scoring lead guard. He started at a small HS (Division 5) in Burbank (Providence) where he dominated competition and matched up and played well against kids like Aaron Holiday. He then transferred to San Gabriel Academy for his Jr year (another D 5 team). During this time he played occasionally for the Mac Irvin Fire. He transferred to Morgan Park for his Sr year (apparently his Mom lives in that area)
He is a supremely skilled, thin, scoring lead guard. I personally believe he is a bit under-recruited...I would rank him as a better player than Parker Jackson-Cartwright (Frosh at Arizona who was one of the highest touted PGs from So Cal in recent years) and equal to or better than Aaron Holiday (UCLA '15 signee). He is easily better than some other highly rated SoCal PGs like Kendall Small, Sedrick Barefield. His game is about ball handling and putting the ball in the bucket. Not as athletic as Ryan Boatright, but similar body type. Lets see...kind of like a skinny flashy Napier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom