Recruiting Transfers - March | Page 33 | The Boneyard

Recruiting Transfers - March

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I hope we get Locke but man, this transfer rule is literally ridiculous. Did the NCAA not foresee this happening?

They should’ve just extended the sit one rule to coaches.

Reaction Score
Not worth a new thread, but does anyone know what we can expect from Richie Springs this year? He's had 2 years to learn the system. Is he just a 4/5 guy? Can he shoot 3's and stretch the defense out like Akok can?

Reaction Score
Locke’s played a ton of minutes for Florida the past 3 seasons but doesn’t seem to do much other than outside shooting (which obviously is something we desperately need). Just feels like a 15-20 minute type of guy and not a guy who would (or should) get the 30 minutes a game he was getting at UF. Anyone know how he is defensively?

Reaction Score
Not worth a new thread, but does anyone know what we can expect from Richie Springs this year? He's had 2 years to learn the system. Is he just a 4/5 guy? Can he shoot 3's and stretch the defense out like Akok can?
It's really hard to tell with how little he's played but I think he can stretch the floor a little bit, but in more of a Whaley 15 footer range than to the 3 point line. Hopefully he can knock down some 3's though because we need the spacing desperately

Reaction Score
I watched every Florida game....He is a very good 3 point shooter if he can set his feet. He is not someone who creates his own shot.
As for his defense it is nothing special. He does not have great lateral quickness so he struggles with more athletic players.

Reaction Score
I watched every Florida game....He is a very good 3 point shooter if he can set his feet. He is not someone who creates his own shot.
As for his defense it is nothing special. He does not have great lateral quickness so he struggles with more athletic players.
We simply need shooters. Otherwise, we're going to get zoned non-stop.

Reaction Score

Yet another of the five and four star recruits he's brought in who then became underachievers.
Maybe they're all looking at Nembhard who instantly became the point guard for Gonzaga and could be on the first undefeated NC since 1976.

Reaction Score
I get that he's good. I'm just already tired of the posts next year about having too many guys who can't shoot. And saying someone has NBA potential says nothing. (I know you didn't say that.) Jackson has NBA potential. Sanogo has NBA potential. A ton of guys have NBA potential if a bunch of different things go right for them. And if he's "arguably one of the best" (another non-statement) defenders in college basketball he should have gotten at least one vote for ACC DPOY.

He's a good player, I'm not saying otherwise. I just don't think he's top of the list in terms of filling a need.
I get your point, but take a look at what he does with the ball in his hands and recall how deficient we were this year getting to the rim.
Shooters seem to be the biggest need but with RJ and JG being good shooters and Hawkins coming in, plus Akok if healthy, if we get one more legit shooter Kadary could make a big difference in team scoring.

He's especially good with the ball. Getting to the rim, passing off as he makes his move, finding the open man within the offense. We don't have anyone who can do what he does as a driver and distributor and RJ and JG seem more two guard in ability than PG's.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
sounds like a shorter Polley

Reactions: THC
Reaction Score
Wrong. Everything I said is 100 percent true. Keep amateur sports amateur. Let kids be kids. Say no to amateur basketball mercenaries.

Worry about the struggles of the average Joe college student. The 1% student athlete is not the one you should spend your time worrying about. The entitlement speaking about the struggles of Cade Cunningham, Jalen Suggs, and Evan Mobley is laughable.

They and every other basketball/football players are free to pursue their dreams outside of college if they so wish like Jalen Green and like Jonathan Kuminga.

#ReturnOfDaggerTreyTy
I don't know what else you said but this post is spot on. Lots of non-athlete kids don't go to college or go for a year or two and quit to pursue their dreams. Jobs and Wozniak come to mind, and many of the other tech billionaires too, besides people in the trades or other fields where they develop skills and start a business. Is Northeastern's co-op program student abuse or does it give kids a leg up in the job market?

If they're good enough to go pro right out of college and want to they should, and if they want to get developed for a year or two they can trundle around the G-league on buses or go to college and have a nicer lifestyle but without a check.

Finally, did Zion Williamson get used? Or did Zion use dUKE to raise his profile and get the publicity that would assure he'd get an even bigger payday when he went pro? And from all the rumors, he and his family made out well even during his 8 months at dUKE.

Reaction Score
Wahab coached by Ewing, team on a roll, winning the Big East, being highly touted, playing a ton. Swider? Coached by Jay Wright, significant role on a top 10 team. Memphis kids on the upswing winning the NIT. What in the world are the expectations of these kids? Coaches are really earning their money in the 'off season' this year.
They're probably thinking:
They'll hit the lottery with the NBA if they just had more playing time;
The current offense doesn't fit their skills;
They need better players around them. (Look at the example of the almighty LeBron. Couldn't win by building a team as MJ did so he jumped to two teams with all-stars);
The coach doesn't run plays for them or use them the right way;
And on and on.

The entitlement mentality is being nurtured early in life and the money is so outlandish it must be hard for the kids to differentiate between good advice and whatever they're hearing from their handlers.

Juzang made a good decision, but how many others are kidding themselves or being misled by their handlers?

Reaction Score
The sheer anger here against posters who don't like where all this transfer thing is headed, or the NCAA, is over the top.

There are very good arguments why players should be allowed to transfer but there are good arguments why the culture of it is also doing great damage to the players as well. If you want to treat it as a total free market, that's fine, but recognize that there are restraints in place that prevent it from becoming a total free market, so it's not a real one anyway. Not even the money and the way its spent and budgeted is free from those constraints.

All I can say is that we now live in a world where the sports pipeline begins with parents holding back their kids for one or two grades so that they are athletically ahead of younger kids, kids then reclass constantly, they jump from local AAU clubs to national clubs, they jump to many other AAU clubs, they change high schools multiple times, they change colleges multiple times. There's plenty here that should make us question whether this is a good thing for them. Are they getting high school educations? Are they getting college educations (for those who don't go pro right away)? Anyone who looks at what's happening and concludes it's only a good thing should at least have to explain why and not just dismiss other counterarguments.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
20210401_151923.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members