Rebecca Puts UConn In Her Final 4 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Rebecca Puts UConn In Her Final 4

Reaction Score
1. As long as UConn has Paige Bueckers, they have a better than good chance.
2. One cannot place too much hope and emphasis based on UConn's play in the BET. The Big East is sadly weak. Long gone are the days of a 9 bid league.
3. Of the teams to whom UConn lost during the season, I do not feel that they match up better now; even with injuries to key opponents.
4. UConn has to dictate pace; marathons as opposed to sprints.
5. UConn will be no worse than a #3 seed; a very good spot from which to mount a charge. They will, likely face a tougher opponent in the Sweet 16 than they will in the Elite 8, so the third round is key. If Paige does not have to defend a bigger, physically imposing player in that round, she will be an offensive force ready to take over the game in the fourth quarter.
6. As mentioned by previous posters, defense will be key. An underdog with confidence is dangerous in March. The most effective confidence destroyer is defense.

A lot of very good teams in WCBB. It is in a very nice place. TV ratings are at unprecedented levels. Coaches like Nick Saban and Jeff Walz are bemoaning NIL. I am convinced that NIL has been especially good for the women's game.

Reaction Score
Said it before. I put Tennessee and UCONN in similar situations. Both could be early exits or both could make Elite Eight but beyond that is a stretch goal but an A game from each could take them to FF. I think if you ask So Carolina, beyond that debacle in the SEC Championship, Tennessee was their toughest game.

Reaction Score
Agreed. Paige isn’t the player she was in November or December. It’s March and she’s ready. The key will be how KK, Ash and Q play. If they can’t defend or make open shots they won’t advance. Geno will have the team ready, that’s for sure. So bring it on. I like their chances to shock some folks. Go Huskies

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Lobo tries hard not to be a homer. When she talks, I at least listen. Even if I'm not always picking up 100% of what she's putting down.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom