Reacher Season 2 Premieres on Dec 15 | The Boneyard

Reacher Season 2 Premieres on Dec 15

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Three episodes, then the rest weekly Beginning mid Jan.

Something to look forward to. I wish Willa Fitzgerald was back, but this is an entirely new story line.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Excellent. Looking forward to it. If you haven't seen The Fall of the House of Usher yet, you can catch Willa Fitzgerald there.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'll probably wait till after the basketball season to watch it. I enjoy the first one and love the book series.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Excellent. Looking forward to it. If you haven't seen The Fall of the House of Usher yet, you can catch Willa Fitzgerald there.
Oh really? Built like a surfboard but really pretty. I was planning to watch that anyway. I'm psyched for Reacher. Once I finish Slow Horses there isn't much left.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Just watched the first three episodes of season two. Good, but not nearly as good as season one.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Just watched the first three episodes of season two. Good, but not nearly as good as season one.
Season one had the benefit of being the first time that this material was portrayed on the screen by a full size person. Also, there were a lot better books that they could've chosen. Still, I'm looking forward to it.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
by a full size person

lol. Cruise in that roll was a very odd choice. Same for the MI movies, although he somehow did an ok job.

Reaction Score
lol. Cruise in that roll was a very odd choice. Same for the MI movies, although he somehow did an ok job.
I doubt he was the first choice of actors. But when Tom Cruise says he'd like to make your movie, it's hard to say no.

Reaction Score
I think the season 2 finale drops tonight. Also believe at some point Reacher bumps into a man in a diner who is…..Lee Child!

1705689529265.png
1705689529265.png

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I just started this week, thru 5 episodes. I know you have to suspend disbelief with Reacher, but it's getting hard. When 2 hired assassins with sniper rifles couldn't hit the broad side of a barn while trying to take out the team, that was a bit too much for me. I'm actually liking the tough NYC cop more than Reacher at this point.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I just started this week, thru 5 episodes. I know you have to suspend disbelief with Reacher, but it's getting hard. When 2 hired assassins with sniper rifles couldn't hit the broad side of a barn while trying to take out the team, that was a bit too much for me. I'm actually liking the tough NYC cop more than Reacher at this point.

It's easy to know Reacher is safe. I liked season 2, but season 1 was so much better. Great character development, and very likable characters as the season unfolds.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
It's easy to know Reacher is safe. I liked season 2, but season 1 was so much better. Great character development, and very likable characters as the season unfolds.
Agreed. I'll finish the season, but I'm not in a rush to watch the next episode.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Easy enough TV to watch. Season 3 already on tap.

This is where I am way outside most Reacher fans.

I never read any of the books but I knew the name amd rh series. My intro to seeing him was the Tom Cruise movies which I liked. Especially the first one. Probably because of Rosamund Pike.

But, I liked a smaller character playing Reacher rather than a bigger person even though Ritchson is the book sized version of Reacher.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Easy enough TV to watch. Season 3 already on tap.

This is where I am way outside most Reacher fans.

I never read any of the books but I knew the name amd rh series. My intro to seeing him was the Tom Cruise movies which I liked. Especially the first one. Probably because of Rosamund Pike.

But, I liked a smaller character playing Reacher rather than a bigger person even though Ritchson is the book sized version of Reacher.
I also enjoyed the Tom Cruise movies, but understand why many fans were not thrilled with the casting. And yes Rosamund Pike certainly added to the enjoyment.

That just reminded me that in Season 2 Reacher made a brief mention of James Barr, the guy framed for murder in the first movie.

Reaction Score

As opposed to John Wick killing 25 armed Russian gangsters in a nightclub?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
As opposed to John Wick killing 25 armed Russian gangsters in a nightclub?
I quit after #2 in that series.

Yeah, of course it's ludicrous and there is a LONG tradition of having invincible main characters taking on armies single handed. But if you are the main character you get plot armor that protects you from everything. Maybe the plot armor extends to anyone close to them. I'm just saying that scene came off to me as really dumb, with supposed pros having multiple shots at multiple targets running around out in the open and didn't even graze a single one of them.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I quit after #2 in that series.

Yeah, of course it's ludicrous and there is a LONG tradition of having invincible main characters taking on armies single handed. But if you are the main character you get plot armor that protects you from everything. Maybe the plot armor extends to anyone close to them. I'm just saying that scene came off to me as really dumb, with supposed pros having multiple shots at multiple targets running around out in the open and didn't even graze a single one of them.

I'll add the final scene of Top Gunaverick where Cruise uses the guns on an ancient F-14 to shoot down a mythical Iranian "5th Gen" fighter.

In all these situations with gun fights or dog fighting in the air, the side with the technological advantage uses time and distance to maximize their advantage. Moving close together negates those advantages.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I also enjoyed the Tom Cruise movies, but understand why many fans were not thrilled with the casting. And yes Rosamund Pike certainly added to the enjoyment.
The casting of Cruise was bad as far as being faithful to the source material, but after 2 seasons of the TV show, there should be no doubt that Cruise is a far better actor than Ritchson.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
The casting of Cruise was bad as far as being faithful to the source material, but after 2 seasons of the TV show, there should be no doubt that Cruise is a far better actor than Ritchson.
Was Ritchson so wooden in Season 1 and I just didn't notice it? The mostly unknown cast is acting circles around him in Season 2.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Was Ritchson so wooden in Season 1 and I just didn't notice it? The mostly unknown cast is acting circles around him in Season 2.
Yeah, probably. I just finished the season and was a bit disappointed. They made him a robot. I didn't read the books, but he essentially just started killing people who didn't need to be killed. I get that he's angry about his friends being killed, but that didn't come though, just a coldness. Like a sociopath.

They also really jumped the shark in terms of what he'd be able to get away with without having the authorities come down really hard. There's just no chance. Season 1 was more subtle and I think his connections felt more genuine.

Reaction Score
Yeah, probably. I just finished the season and was a bit disappointed. They made him a robot. I didn't read the books, but he essentially just started killing people who didn't need to be killed. I get that he's angry about his friends being killed, but that didn't come though, just a coldness. Like a sociopath.

They also really jumped the shark in terms of what he'd be able to get away with without having the authorities come down really hard. There's just no chance. Season 1 was more subtle and I think his connections felt more genuine.
Season 2 definitely left me a bit colder than Season 1 and I can't quite put my finger on what caused it. I agree with the previous observations in this thread, but I'm OK suspending disbelief to a great extent. I just found myself not caring about the characters. That said, it's still better than 75% of what I see out there and I'm definitely down for Season 3 and hoping they find their groove again.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Season 2 definitely left me a bit colder than Season 1 and I can't quite put my finger on what caused it. I agree with the previous observations in this thread, but I'm OK suspending disbelief to a great extent. I just found myself not caring about the characters. That said, it's still better than 75% of what I see out there and I'm definitely down for Season 3 and hoping they find their groove again.

A parallel between the two Reacher movies and now the series.

Movie 1 / Season 1- Ex-military cop gets involved with local authorities busting up an evil corporation running roughshod over locals.

Movie 2 / Season 2- Reacher has to take down a defense contractor illegally moving arms through the world.

I prefer the movie 1 / season 1 model where Reacher uses his military police background to stumble across problems throughout the US rather than big military contractor corruption schemes needing foiled.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom